You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 58>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The Irish independent no longer covering Friday night games bad enough they ignored the first division for years .

Has anybody told Dan McDonnell yet? He was still writing match reports and doing videos for last Friday's games.

Yeah Dan has being doing pretty much daily articles, match reports, pre and post match videos and news letters so this is a bit strange alright.
Mentioned last week that he would be moving the post game videos to Saturday morning just to allow them to do a bit more
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by CullotyP CullotyP wrote:

They claim that because of print deadlines for city editions, later sports results aren't guaranteed to make the physical paper.

God forbid that they wouldnt wait to report on the League of the most popular sport in the country. Ridiculous excuse.
Idah Dream!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 4:48pm
They’ve ignored the first division for years but this is a new low .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 5:24pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The Irish independent no longer covering Friday night games bad enough they ignored the first division for years .

Has anybody told Dan McDonnell yet? He was still writing match reports and doing videos for last Friday's games.

Yeah Dan has being doing pretty much daily articles, match reports, pre and post match videos and news letters so this is a bit strange alright.
Mentioned last week that he would be moving the post game videos to Saturday morning just to allow them to do a bit more

Ah OK, quite enjoy the videos and content he's putting out.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 6:38pm
He is still covering LOI games LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 7:36pm
It’s never been great anyway, couple of paragraphs .
The league is mostly ignored by the media in general except a handful of journos who support it.sad really but there’s a strong bigotry towards the largely urban working man’s (woman’s) sport of choice. We’re not the establishment pick so ignore us.

Edited by oldbilly - 13 Mar 2023 at 8:35pm
No Pasaran!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:06pm
The Star have some good coverage on a Friday dont they? Only thing i would bother getting it for.
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:29pm
not really, lots of print and pictures but the quality of the writing? Nah the tabloids are unreadable.don’t know what the examiners like these days but they used have decent reports/previews of cork .
No Pasaran!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
Only a minor thing but it realy annoys me when RTE do throw a few crumbs from their table and bother to show a match is the constant banner going across the bottom of the screen advertising forthcoming events on RTE  anything from Champions League to the RDS Horseshow, like we know you are watching this but we have something better on the way for you. Never have I seen a similar banner advertising a forthcoming TV LOI game been displayed during other sports broadcasts. As Billser says, official ireland still looks down on football bar a few notable people
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Only a minor thing but it realy annoys me when RTE do throw a few crumbs from their table and bother to show a match is the constant banner going across the bottom of the screen advertising forthcoming events on RTE  anything from Champions League to the RDS Horseshow, like we know you are watching this but we have something better on the way for you. Never have I seen a similar banner advertising a forthcoming TV LOI game been displayed during other sports broadcasts. As Billser says, official ireland still looks down on football bar a few notable people

I've seen them during the Champions League and Ireland games coverage if theres any upcoming. Should see a mention or two of Fridays game Derry v Sligo tomorrow night.

Edited by Bandwagon - 13 Mar 2023 at 9:45pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I've seen them during the Champions League and Ireland games coverage if theres any upcoming. Should see a mention or two of Fridays game Derry v Sligo tomorrow night.
Take your word for it, but doubt they advertise LOI games during Rugby or GAA coverage.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Take your word for it, but doubt they advertise LOI games during Rugby or GAA coverage.

Probably not, though couldn't tell you, you couldn't pay me enough to watch either.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 8:44am
Would they not even show some of the games on the iplayer?

No surprise to see the rugby u21's getting live coverage on a Friday night.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 9:00am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The U20's rugby is part of the contract for 6 nations. RTE/BBC/ITV wouldn't get the rights to the senior games without showing U20's and ladies games.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 10:13am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

RTE news now was rumoured to be showing a few extra games this season but nothing yet
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:21pm
Quelle suprise.
They have zero interest in promoting association football, except EPL or the FAI mnt or wnt.
Anything the flash mob (ole ole ole o Irish tourist event junkie)want but day to day loyal football folk can f**k right off.
Bastards.
No Pasaran!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 2:34pm
The Saturday football show on OTB just gone was really good. Spent a lot of time talking about LOI and the academy system and how do we make them more professional so we can nurture and fulfil the irish talent that would have normally relied on English clubs in the past. 

Dan McDonnell was saying something is being prepared at government level around this topic.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:32pm
Ye it’s the first one in a while that was mostly LoI related. May have helped having Johnny Ward present it rather than John Duggan. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 58>
  Share Topic