Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 58>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 1:33am
I'm not condoning match fixing in any way and I always find it difficult to watch snooker games involving John Higgins, but there are circumstances that may have forced players to "cheat".
I'm lead to believe the majority of the arrests surround one Munster based club.
There was a time when this club should not have received a licence to participate in the league of Ireland and while it did, it found itself in a position where payments to players were not made or not made on time.
Now if I'm a young player with a family and a mortgage your loyalty is no longer to your sh1te club/employer but to your family to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. It's easy to see how you could be persuaded to participate in such activities as match fixing.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 2:09am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I'm not condoning match fixing in any way and I always find it difficult to watch snooker games involving John Higgins, but there are circumstances that may have forced players to "cheat".
I'm lead to believe the majority of the arrests surround one Munster based club.
There was a time when this club should not have received a licence to participate in the league of Ireland and while it did, it found itself in a position where payments to players were not made or not made on time.
Now if I'm a young player with a family and a mortgage your loyalty is no longer to your sh1te club/employer but to your family to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. It's easy to see how you could be persuaded to participate in such activities as match fixing.

Theres no led to believe needed or vague geography required either. Its all here

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 5:08am
2 current players involved according to Dan McDonnell on OTB last night.

Dodge on Twitter sharing some videos of goals from that season with the alleged club/player involved. Not exactly subtle.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:07am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

https://www.the42.ie/league-of-ireland-match-fixing-5767137-May2022/

Well, this doesn't look good at all.

Take That Clown

Beggars belief why clubs persistently signed him.

Especially since he never showed the clubs a lot of love and affection, though through it all he has No Regrets.

But he told Shane Keegan that he’s the one.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:38am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Dodge on Twitter sharing some videos of goals from that season with the alleged club/player involved. Not exactly subtle.
The team sheets at Shamrock Rovers and Athlone Town will be interesting watches this weekend.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:28pm
PM me rumoured players in question please 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yeah, because people are going to do that !LOL
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:38pm

TongueTongue
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Some people do post rumours via pm to spread the word without public post

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 May 2022 at 12:57pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 1:53pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Some people do post rumours via pm to spread the word without public post

And then people will spread it to their WhatsApp groups.

Grow up.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 4:52pm
A cross reference against the posts above with the squad of the team involved in the time frame alleged will turn it up pretty handy.

While i can understand that it would be easy to pay off an LOI player to influence a certain outcome, it's pretty easily caught. I used to work in a betting shop and for example, a game between say Harps vs Shels (to pick two random teams) would have such a small market for betting that even a few grand going on a certain scoreline would be - and often was - significant enough to arouse suspicion. I've heard of a handful of games that were apparently going to be 'fixed' over the years and by the time it had done the rounds on whatsapp almost all bookies had suspended markets on the game and the outcome never happened - whether that was because it was bullsh*t or because the players got spooked i don't know, but specific unusual bets in LOI raise questions.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 19 May 2022 at 4:55pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:09pm

The team sheets at Shamrock Rovers and Athlone Town will be interesting watches this weekend.

wasn't very interesting tbh
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

wasn't very interesting tbh
The Athlone one on the other hand is.... They appear to have a new number 7 
Which begs the question what happened to the usual fella wearing 7?Wink
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

A cross reference against the posts above with the squad of the team involved in the time frame alleged will turn it up pretty handy.

While i can understand that it would be easy to pay off an LOI player to influence a certain outcome, it's pretty easily caught. I used to work in a betting shop and for example, a game between say Harps vs Shels (to pick two random teams) would have such a small market for betting that even a few grand going on a certain scoreline would be - and often was - significant enough to arouse suspicion. I've heard of a handful of games that were apparently going to be 'fixed' over the years and by the time it had done the rounds on whatsapp almost all bookies had suspended markets on the game and the outcome never happened - whether that was because it was bullsh*t or because the players got spooked i don't know, but specific unusual bets in LOI raise questions.

The bets where teams to lose by one or more goals is what I heard.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:25am
Kerry looking to enter a team in the league. Great news. They’re hoping to be in the league next season.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:57am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Kerry looking to enter a team in the league. Great news. They’re hoping to be in the league next season.

Great news indeed.
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 1:19pm
Great too see, hopefully they have decent backing as it won't be cheap running a club in that part of the country.  90 minutes to Limerick, 2 hours to Cork are their nearest fixtures.  Hopefully the whole county will be behind it too.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 1:46pm
What would be stadium?

Definitely will need deep pockets to make it a success but I think everyone in the country will be hoping they succeed. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 58>
  Share Topic