You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 34>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 8:50am
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

obafemiEmbarrassed

I already had two strikers on the bench so him and Folan missed out.
Sponsored Links

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 9:02am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The Nigerian community in Ireland is small, tiny relative to other minority population groups such as Poles. The number of players they are providing to Irish teams at the moment from underage right up to senior level is actually incredible.
Very interesting point. Wonder what the reason for that is? You would have thought better chance of Polish heritage players. Someone will do a doctorate on this I think!

Either way it's great to see. He was outstanding on Wednesday. 
It's not me it's you:-)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:59am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The Nigerian community in Ireland is small, tiny relative to other minority population groups such as Poles. The number of players they are providing to Irish teams at the moment from underage right up to senior level is actually incredible.
Very interesting point. Wonder what the reason for that is? You would have thought better chance of Polish heritage players. Someone will do a doctorate on this I think!

Either way it's great to see. He was outstanding on Wednesday. 

Don't a lot of Polish go home eventually after spending 9/10/whatever years here? Thought Nigerian would be the biggest expat community here by far by now. Big enough Brazilian communities in pockets as well.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 11:04am
Not sure about Dublin but certainly around the country there would be far more Poles and Lithuanians than Nigerians. Maybe part of the reason that so many Nigerians are coming through is that they're moreso based in Dublin so more likely to play soccer than other areas where they lads might play hurling or whatever.

Then again, Ebosele is from Wexford, Ogbene and Idah are from Cork so it's not entirely Dublin based either.

Edited by You Tell Me - 03 Sep 2021 at 11:05am
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 2:46pm
No room for Joe O'Cearuill in anyone's first eleven ?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 2:50pm
The Polish community only really began to grown probably post 2004 when they joined the EU and were freely able to move to Ireland. so a lot of their children wouldn't be really old enough yet. We might see a couple more begin to emerge in next few years as they reach u15/16s and u17s level.

Where as with the African community, they began to move here a couple years earlier in the early to mid 90s. So a lot of their kids are well into their late teens now / early 20s now.

Just look at the u15/16s age group now sure.. they're beginning to pop up

Polish

Olaf Boruc (Shamrock Rovers)
Hugo Gwiazdowski (Shamrock Rovers)
Patryck Swieczka Andrzejczak (Cork City)

Other Eastern European names

Orlandas Jakas (Shamrock Rovers)
Feilim Dikcius (St.Patrick’s Athletic)
Ivan Graminschil (St. Patrick’s Athletic)
connord96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connord96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:47pm
What a performance from this man - strong in the tackle, good in the air and with the ball at his feet. The next Paul McGrath?! 😬😁
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:48pm
He was up there for MOTM I thought. Excellent
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:48pm
Class. If that shot had found the top corner.... 
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:53pm
what a player 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:53pm
Quality.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:53pm
Class act! Didn’t put a foot wrong Clap
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:59pm
Between himself and Idah you'd hope their performances for Ireland will have given Farke something to think about

Omobamidele pure class tonight, some of his passes were excellent.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
Excellent performance from the young man
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:01pm
Shades of Virgil Van Dijk off him. The kids going to be a superstar 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:23pm
is there a case for this chap to play around the middle for Ireland? Passing ability and the technical skill he showed on the ball would surely be make him an option. Especially with Collin, O’Shea etc to come back in
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:27pm
I think farke will
Play him. Only reason he hasn’t been in is because he was injured at start of season 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

is there a case for this chap to play around the middle for Ireland? Passing ability and the technical skill he showed on the ball would surely be make him an option. Especially with Collin, O’Shea etc to come back in

I was thinking that. Paul McGrath vibes.

Him and Cullen (mccarthy ideally) as a holding 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 34>
  Share Topic