You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 33>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:09pm
https://www.balls.ie/football/norwich-andrew-omobamidele-offer-transfer-555120

Non-English club supposedly offered more than £20m for Omobamidele in January.
Sponsored Links

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 2:07pm
https://youtu.be/6eA-ZrzZba8

Good watch. What a talent.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 6:16pm
The profile really lauds his character. Looks like he could be a very good player overall. Hopefully that stress fracture in his back isn't the start of niggling injuries over his career.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 2:14pm
Paul Rowan in the Times today saying that Sheffield United are "leading the chase" for Omobamidele. But he also states that the £20m fee "could be a stumbling block as Sheffield United are under tight financial constraints." Amazing that they are leading the chase in that case...
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 2:19pm
I suspect he will go for something similar to what Collins went to Burnley from Stoke for. 14-15m. They ain’t really in a position to hold out for £20m. 

If the interest from the likes of Nice and Milan was concrete he’d be well served going somewhere like that. Sheffield Utd is fine but when they inevitably get relegated again he’s back down to square one in the Championsip. 

I do think they have a shot at staying up this year. Following season they will go back down. 

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Jun 2023 at 2:20pm
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I suspect he will go for something similar to what Collins went to Burnley from Stoke for. 14-15m. They ain’t really in a position to hold out for £20m.

He's a lot faster than Collins, a fast CB is a costlier thing usually. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Paul Rowan in the Times today saying that Sheffield United are "leading the chase" for Omobamidele. But he also states that the £20m fee "could be a stumbling block as Sheffield United are under tight financial constraints." Amazing that they are leading the chase in that case...

Talks some sh*te that lad
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

I think he’s got a higher ceiling also. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

I think he’s got a higher ceiling also. 

I do think his injury issues are a concern. Needs to try and knock them on the head. 

Himself and Collins are in a very good place already for their respective ages. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 11:00am
Omobamidele's mam post on FB that Norwich and Milan are in talks about a move.

https://twitter.com/godots1982/status/1670005977305821185
ccfc1984rebel View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfc1984rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 11:03am
Be a very good move for him
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 11:32am
Plenty of actual decent sources reporting this the last few days. 

Still refuse to believe it until I see it. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 11:46am
She's changed the post now. Must have been told to take it down! Great move for him if it happens, hope it does, he deserves it, seems like a really decent lad.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:03pm
Milan love his CB profile.

They've signed Tomori, Kalulu and Thiaw in recent years. Tall and athletic CB players with good composure.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:10pm
I think he's fhe highest ceiling CB we have even over Collins. Has all the attributes. And if there is an environment to create a top CB it's Italian football. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I think he's fhe highest ceiling CB we have even over Collins. Has all the attributes. And if there is an environment to create a top CB it's Italian football. 

Collins after last night and the past 6 months is probably taller than his own ceiling right now tbf!
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Milan love his CB profile.

They've signed Tomori, Kalulu and Thiaw in recent years. Tall and athletic CB players with good composure.

It would be an incredible move. A move that he and Irish fans will have to be patient with. 

Don’t be surprised to see him dip in and out sparingly initially. It’s not one where the usuals in the Irish media/social media need to be catastrophizing because he’s “not playing regularly”. 

We see this with Ebosele and Abankwah too. Like them Ac Milan will treat Omobamidele as a long term project. 

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Jun 2023 at 12:24pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Collins after last night and the past 6 months is probably taller than his own ceiling right now tbf!

Collins wasn’t as bad as being made out by many last night. Got his wires crossed in terms of giving the ball away a few times but it’s not his fault midfielders never showed for the ball. The vast majority of the threat came from the other side as well as did the two goals. 

I wouldn’t go as far as saying any player was good bar Bazunu but Collins wasn’t as bad as being made out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 33>
  Share Topic