You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:19pm
any allegiance issues with this guy? 
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:43pm
[QUOTE=GaretFarellysNutSack]any allegiance issues with this guy? [/QUOTE

He's from Leixlip so it would be hard to know if he supports Kildare or Dublin in the Gah.
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 7:48pm
I heard he's got a bad attitude
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:15pm
comes across very level headed and focused lad to me anytime I’ve seen little interviews. I would have no worries on his commitment to Ireland and I don’t think he’d have made it to the Norwich city first team at 18 if his attitude was bad 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

comes across very level headed and focused lad to me anytime I’ve seen little interviews. I would have no worries on his commitment to Ireland and I don’t think he’d have made it to the Norwich city first team at 18 if his attitude was bad 
Dublin-scouse-attitude! You should have passed on that.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:09pm
Watching the game. Impressive performance again had twice covered/prevented potential clear openings with subtle but vital interceptions. Very good on the ball too exceptional in keeping with that side in general.

Perfect night for him and the difference is the attackers have been clinical tonight. 17 pts clear promotion is all but assured. Will hopefully see him keep his place for the rest of the year and after that then who knows

He had looked a standout for the 21s against Wales too but into a side like Norwich at a high level it’s always a leap of faith. 

It’s a positive for Idah too hopefully he can get back fit for the last few games with promotion pretty much wrapped up he might even get a few starts.

Edited by kevin100 - 06 Apr 2021 at 9:11pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:39pm
Poor fella looks like he's getting a right good dressing down off Farke there, you'd swear they'd lost by 7 they way he's lecturing him.LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm
How good is this guy? Haven't seen him play yet. Few years ago we cudnt invent a centre half now we can give them away. Typical and not a striker in sight.
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm
Early days for him but he has been rated at underage for a while and has made a solid start as a senior player. Collins, Omobamidele and O'Shea has the making of a good three at the back combination down the line. Could really do with some decent young wing backs as well though if we're going to continue playing that way, particularly on the left side, lots of young Irish left backs around but nobody standing out so far.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:11pm
Disagree re left backs, Manning coming along nicley, Connell also, plus Stevens has a a good 3 4 years left in him at least.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Disagree re left backs, Manning coming along nicley, Connell also, plus Stevens has a a good 3 4 years left in him at least.

Not sure about that - Manning is great going forward but very average defensively, Connell is playing in the Scottish fourth division and is too slow to be an international left wing back anyway, he'll be a central midfielder if he makes it. Stevens is playing poorly this season and would be dropped if we had anyone decent to replace him.

There's a ton of young Irish left sided defenders coming through, Richards, Flynn, Roughan, Furlong, O'Malley, Bagan if he's joining us to name a few, but nobody standing out in the position so far in the way the centre backs are.

Roughan is only 17 and might be the pick of the bunch but there's a good chance he'll end up playing centre back longer term as well.

Edited by You Tell Me - 06 Apr 2021 at 10:22pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:20pm

Manning is almost 25. Nothing I've seen of him so far makes me think he has another gear to go up. Decent career in the championship and an Ireland squad player is my prediction.

I'm not sure if Stevens will have done enough on form to get a move back to the premiership in the summer. He'll deffo be knocking around our squad for another few years though.

Connell is the enigma. New regime at Celtic is vital for him. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:28pm
Wonder what Farke was onto him about. 

There must've been something that annoyed him if he couldn't wait until they got into the dressing room as it's in full view of the cameras. 

Glad he got to start tonight and delighted for the lad all the same. Clap 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:39pm
It felt a bit like Farke was doing that exactly because he knew the cameras were on him. Trying to be like Guardiola it seemed. To be fair I'm sure he had something he wanted to get across and Omobamidele should probably take it as a complement that he wanted to focus on him in particular out of the 11 players in the team.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It felt a bit like Farke was doing that exactly because he knew the cameras were on him. Trying to be like Guardiola it seemed. To be fair I'm sure he had something he wanted to get across and Omobamidele should probably take it as a complement that he wanted to focus on him in particular out of the 11 players in the team.

I think it was to do with his positioning off a quick Huddersfield throw in he was caught flat footed briefly towards to the end. 

Other then that a fine game for him. Collins O’Shea Omobamidele Mcguinness O’Hora even Paudie O’Connor I suspect will move up at least one division in the summer. No shortage of centre backs. 

As for wing backs McNamara is flying for Millwall at the moment progressing relentlessly. Lee O’Connor the only other although he may be a decent midfielder in time. 

Thomas O’Connor 21 playing left back on loan from Southampton at Gillingham is doing fine.  Richards Flynn O’Malley Bagan presuming he’s coming on board also. All only 19 so young lads still. Be interested to see will the 2 lads at Wolves and Leicester go out on loan next summer or show any signs of breaking into their respective sides via Cup games even.

Roughan another centre back possibly although has played full back for Lincoln. 

No shortage there.  

Edited by kevin100 - 06 Apr 2021 at 11:06pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:08pm
Have to say Furlong looks to have a lot of quality any time ive seen him for Brighton u23s recently.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 06 Apr 2021 at 11:08pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:14pm

Have to say Furlong looks to have a lot of quality any time ive seen him for Brighton u23s recently.

Yes seems to be doing well Brighton have plenty Irish lads. Everett Moran Ferguson also. Furlong from doing the numbers was the 3rd youngest in this years U23 squad for Brighton (June 2002) yet is still well over 2 years then Ferguson (Oct 2004). Ferguson playing with mostly lads up to 3/4 years older then him and more then capable as he’s showing already. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:41pm
We have a few of young players as mentioned above but what we need is premier league quality players. 

I'd say Collins, oshea, egan and omobamadele give us some good options in the CB position and look premier league players albeit a bit early for some.

Left and right back has been our strongest areas for a couple of years but I feel Doherty and Stevens look like shadows of their former selves and we have no real quality back ups. Coleman of course is our best player but time is not on his side.

Midfield is a shambles, molumby can't get a game, knight has lost form pretty badly, hourihane and Hendrick are our best options but they are both poor for years neither of these players look premier league quality anymore

Forwards.... connolly looks the only one that might prove to be premier league quality.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic