You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:52pm
Ben Gibson sent off so that will bump him up the pecking order at least.
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 2:43pm
he needs a move for game time at this stage of his career 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

You'd think with how well he acquitted himself against Arsenal, how many goals the two lads are conceding (2 already against Chelsea) and how comfortable he's looked against proper sides at Intl level, he'd be getting more opportunities.

But what do I know.

My thoughts exactly. With Idah also, Norwich have only scored 2 goals in PL both from Pukki, no harm in giving him a few starts. That Sargent fella missed an absolute sitter last weekend 

He needs to arrest his decline in form

He was peppering the goal
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 2:55pm
LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 2:59pm
How did he play today when he came on
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:01pm
Gets a start today v Leeds.
G'wan Andrew!
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:11pm
Good to see him get a start, but of a thankless task being a CB in this Norwich team but he can still develope and impress.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:12pm
That's really good news especially for such a young lad to be starting games in the premier league.

Three centre backs of omobamidele, Collins and oshea is absolutely fantastic for the future of the ireland defence.

All three have quality written all over them. All are great on the ball, all quick and good in the air. 

It's hard not to get a little carried away but I can't remember players coming through with such promise.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 1:49pm
Our centre backs have kicked on in the way we hoped our centre forwards would two years ago. Still plenty of time for them as well obviously, centre forward maybe a position that takes longer to learn, but possibly we would have hoped for more from them as second strikers or wide forwards by now.

Most countries our size would kill to have three centre backs of the standard of Omobamidele, Collins and O'Shea coming through though. Someone like Jimmy Dunne or Mark McGuinness would normally be seen as a really decent prospect but they nearly get forgotten about because of the other three.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Our centre backs have kicked on in the way we hoped our centre forwards would two years ago. Still plenty of time for them as well obviously, centre forward maybe a position that takes longer to learn, but possibly we would have hoped for more from them as second strikers or wide forwards by now.

Most countries our size would kill to have three centre backs of the standard of Omobamidele, Collins and O'Shea coming through though. Someone like Jimmy Dunne or Mark McGuinness would normally be seen as a really decent prospect but they nearly get forgotten about because of the other three.

I'd point to Greenwood and Sancho at United now 2 of the top U21 attacking prospects on the planet who look like they could get swallowed up by the monster that is the PL. It is a rancid environment for young attackers to learn their trade. It's just so competitive and young attackers are by their very nature inconsistent they need that freedom to be inconsistent. 

It's why Idah and Connolly are just far better served dropping to the Championship or a League on the continent not as cut throat to learn their trade.

Edited by kevin100 - 31 Oct 2021 at 2:19pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:23pm
This lad has the most perpetually petrified face I've seen since Philippe Senderos.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:35pm

Looks like he is playing left back here. He’s up against Raphinha which will be a tough challenge for him 
El Puto Amo
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:48pm

If we can start getting some fullbacks to come through we'll be sorted for a good defensive foundation with the keepers and defenders already there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:54pm
Having a great battle with Raphinha and holding his own so far. Sky Sports lads think he's struggling but I'm not sure that's the case, he's doing well enough.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:56pm

Having a great battle with Raphinha and holding his own so far. Sky Sports lads think he's struggling but I'm not sure that's the case, he's doing well enough.

Co commentator was full of praise for him. Have missed the halftime analysis who thought he was struggling? Don't know how you could come to that conclusion. 

One or two acts of greeness alright from him but having a decent game beyond that. That's a really tall order trying to mark Raphina
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Co commentator was full of praise for him. Have missed the halftime analysis who thought he was struggling? Don't know how you could come to that conclusion. 

One or two acts of greeness alright from him but having a decent game beyond that. That's a really tall order trying to mark Raphina

Redknapp slating him! A bit over the top 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It was Redknapp and Hasselbaink in the studio. Particularly Redknapp who was unfairly critical of him I think. Then again he called him Obafemi-dele so I wouldn't read too much into his insights if he doesn't know his name!
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Good to see him get a start, but of a thankless task being a CB in this Norwich team but he can still develope and impress.

He will be defending against elite players if he nails down a starting spot. Defending is the most important part of his job. if he was at an elite club they would be attacking most of the time meaning he wouldn’t be on the back foot and under as much pressure.
In international terms we are a Norwich he is at the right club learning his trade IF he gets game time.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 33>
  Share Topic