You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:31pm
He might have done better on two of them but not goals you would absolutely say he should block, you can't block every single shot, you make yourself big. First one he was slightly ball watching though before.

Otherwise he hasn't made mistakes
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

He's having an awful outing. He's been poor, no two ways about it. In general and particularly on two of the three goals so far.

LOL
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Otherwise he hasn't made mistakes

He made several. Origi on the left touchline, should have put the ball out, didn't, Origi robbed him and then skipped past him way too easily.  And several others, watch it again, watch him particularly. He's had a tough night.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:00pm
Of the three centre backs I think he was probably the better of the three, but that was a poor showing from omobamidele. 

That game was men vs boys but Liverpool were the boys and the boys won.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Of the three centre backs I think he was probably the better of the three, but that was a poor showing from omobamidele. 

I think this best sums it up! Norwich in general were just awful tonight everything went wrong and in the finish they just fell apart lost all composure. 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I think this best sums it up! Norwich in general were just awful tonight everything went wrong and in the finish they just fell apart lost all composure. 

By God you've changed your tune haven't you. 
Your agreeing he was poor now after being the only one who could hold his head up high ten minutes ago on the other thread.  

You're something else.

He'll be MOTM soon enough or something equally ridiculous. 

Keep her lit there 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

By God you've changed your tune haven't you. 
Your agreeing he was poor now after being the only one who could hold his head up high ten minutes ago on the other thread.  

You're something else.

He'll be MOTM soon enough or something equally ridiculous. 

Keep her lit there 

I said he was one of a few that didn't leave himself down for Norwich and he was the lesser of 3 evils which he was. Come here I addressed this with you in the other thread and laid out why I thought he wasn't necessarily at fault for the first goal and how your resorting to giving out he didn't block a close range shot for the 3rd goal!  

Agree to disagree entitled to your opinion but your not only throwing that green tilted specs bollocks at me you followed that up with stuff Id expected off a 12yo and now your hopping on another thread having another cut.

The green tilted specs sh*te after I literally said in the same thread I thought Idah was so poor you might actually see him out the first team picture a while and that's maybe a good thing he will be loaned out in Jan now. 

Edited by kevin100 - 21 Sep 2021 at 10:36pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:38pm

He definitely was, Hanley and Gibson were terrible tonight. You'd expect much more from 2 senior professionals. They should be the ones helping Omobamidele in the same way Duffy and Egan were for Ireland. They were marshaling the defense and had us well organised, Omo knew his role and where to be at all times and had full support from Duffy, Egan and Coleman/Doherty.

Norwich as a team were very poor tonight, no game plan, no leaders and absolutely no organisation. They were very poor at the back, nobody knew where to be and when. Who to mark. Nobody was making the calls.

I watched the game and its very hard to blame Omo for any of the goals. The 3rd one at a push. 1st one I think he actually done well to even put in the block. As the Right Centre Back he was on the near post and still managed to get across the goal to attempt a block on the far side after it had blazed over him on the near. Had Minaminos shot been low he would have got something on it but there was no stopping the high shot he drilled into the top.

He done fine tonight in an awful team.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:44pm
Gilmour clearly let his man go for the first goal, Omobamidele tried to cover back at the last second but it was Gilmour's mistake. The second one was Hanley. Third one wasn't any one individual really but none of them came out of it looking great.

I wouldn't say Omobamidele had a particularly good game but Norwich have far bigger problems in defence than him.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 12:51pm
You'd think with how well he acquitted himself against Arsenal, how many goals the two lads are conceding (2 already against Chelsea) and how comfortable he's looked against proper sides at Intl level, he'd be getting more opportunities.

But what do I know.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

You'd think with how well he acquitted himself against Arsenal, how many goals the two lads are conceding (2 already against Chelsea) and how comfortable he's looked against proper sides at Intl level, he'd be getting more opportunities.

But what do I know.

My thoughts exactly. With Idah also, Norwich have only scored 2 goals in PL both from Pukki, no harm in giving him a few starts. That Sargent fella missed an absolute sitter last weekend 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

But what do I know.

My thoughts exactly. With Idah also, Norwich have only scored 2 goals in PL both from Pukki, no harm in giving him a few starts. That Sargent fella missed an absolute sitter last weekend 

He needs to arrest his decline in form
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:18pm

But what do I know.
You’d worry about the two lads not getting in that team. Terrible they are. Although that manager is a Poundland Klopp.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:19pm
We all want them playing football matches but if there's ever a case of a player actually better off not playing it's Omobamidele now. Only 19 and his team are getting hammered every week practically.

I suspect he will come into the side regularly when they inevitably get relegated early and from next year he will start for them. Idah it is dissapointing he's not getting opportunities but Pukki/Sargent are ahead of him in experience age every metric practically. Like Omobamidele Idah will start getting more opportunities as the season goes on.
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:19pm
agreed Norwich have major problems up front 
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:45pm

We all want them playing football matches but if there's ever a case of a player actually better off not playing it's Omobamidele now. Only 19 and his team are getting hammered every week practically.

I suspect he will come into the side regularly when they inevitably get relegated early and from next year he will start for them. Idah it is dissapointing he's not getting opportunities but Pukki/Sargent are ahead of him in experience age every metric practically. Like Omobamidele Idah will start getting more opportunities as the season goes on.

I agree in relation to Omobamidele, especially against the top teams, as long as he gets the occasional game it will stand to him for next year.

Not sure if Farke sees Idah as competing with Sargent for a spot, think it's Pukki standing in his way and Farke seems extremely hesitant to drop him-even when the games are clearly passing him by.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:45pm
Yeah, they'd need to cop on.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 1:49pm
30 mins to go and 4-0 down. Still no idah or omobamidele and two subs already made.

Surely giving these lads 20 or 25 minutes experience won't make that much difference now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 33>
  Share Topic