Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 34>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Is Max Aarons always this sh*t? So many poor passes this evening, contributed f**k all. Can't believe he is keeping Omobamidele out of the team. 

They play in different positions.
true enough but he can also play in that position. hanley is no world beater either, although as club captain his position is fairly secure.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

To the tune of that song - let’s get down let’s get down to business 

Omo bam
Omo bam i dele
The other night you were scoring on the telly

What about this to the tune of Do Ya Think I'm Sexy by Rod Stewart?
Yes we think he's deadly
Omobamidele
Come on Ireland here we go
Da da da da daaa, dada dada dada daaa
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 3:55pm
How did Omobamidele play today? Team conceded 3 goals which is a pity for him.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He was fine, could have probably stayed tighter on Moura for the first goal but would be harsh to fault him for it. Nothing he could do about the other 2. They were just well beaten today.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 6:44pm
I would agree with Bandwagon, done nothing wrong but didn't do anything to catch the eye either.
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Omobamidele is 19 and not the finished article, his progress has been phenomenal. He'll get some regular games soon enough, and he'll be frighteningly good. 

Omobamidele and Collins are probably the best young defenders in the premier league. 

Great prospects, getting opportunities in the premier league because of the clubs they are at and their circumstances. Depends what your definition of young and best is however. 

No slight on either but would you say they are at the level of Eric Garcia or Trevoh Chalobah.

Collins and Omobamidele only have a dozen pl apps between them. Can we not be like the english and over inflate our prospects. As exciting as they are, they still have alot to prove. Collins seems to be making more of an impression at Burnley even though Omobamidele has been great for us. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

Omobamidele is 19 and not the finished article, his progress has been phenomenal. He'll get some regular games soon enough, and he'll be frighteningly good. 

Omobamidele and Collins are probably the best young defenders in the premier league. 

Great prospects, getting opportunities in the premier league because of the clubs they are at and their circumstances. Depends what your definition of young and best is however. 

No slight on either but would you say they are at the level of Eric Garcia or Trevoh Chalobah.

Collins and Omobamidele only have a dozen pl apps between them. Can we not be like the english and over inflate our prospects. As exciting as they are, they still have alot to prove. Collins seems to be making more of an impression at Burnley even though Omobamidele has been great for us. 

Garcia is at Barca. Chabaloh is 22 so is a few years older then the boys mentioned. Geuhi at Palace is probably amongst the best he's 21 looks really good. 

Has there been a younger CB playing PL football then both Omobamidele and Collins this season? There can be many if any. Collins has looked very good for Burnley in fairness. In a League/era where quality CBs seem to be a rare gem if both Irish lads gradually get to the point of starting in the next 2/3 years which I think both will they will attract interest from clubs at a higher level. 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 8:10pm

Garcia is at Barca. Chabaloh is 22 so is a few years older then the boys mentioned. Geuhi at Palace is probably amongst the best he's 21 looks really good. 

Has there been a younger CB playing PL football then both Omobamidele and Collins this season? There can be many if any. Collins has looked very good for Burnley in fairness. In a League/era where quality CBs seem to be a rare gem if both Irish lads gradually get to the point of starting in the next 2/3 years which I think both will they will attract interest from clubs at a higher level. 

Forgot about that move tbf but would you say either is as good as him. But that's what I mean by definition of how you class young or best. No one really in that u21 category of note if you don't count Chabaloh. Its such a hard league for our young players to break into and dele will likely be in the championship next year perhaps even Collins too. Its an achievement that they are getting game time. But a top 4 team aren't going to swoop in for them just yet. Maybe by the end of the season that's incorrect. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

He was fine, could have probably stayed tighter on Moura for the first goal but would be harsh to fault him for it. Nothing he could do about the other 2. They were just well beaten today.
tbh I thought he was poor for the Moura goal. Should never have allowed him to turn and shoot from that position. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 10:53am

Forgot about that move tbf but would you say either is as good as him. But that's what I mean by definition of how you class young or best. No one really in that u21 category of note if you don't count Chabaloh. Its such a hard league for our young players to break into and dele will likely be in the championship next year perhaps even Collins too. Its an achievement that they are getting game time. But a top 4 team aren't going to swoop in for them just yet. Maybe by the end of the season that's incorrect. 

I haven't seen much of Garcia but of course he'd be regarded as the better prospect playing at Man City at his young age I wouldn't dispute that. Here is the actual list according to Transfermarkt. Cresswell the youngest by a month Omobamidele 2nd and Collins 3rd. Chabaloh as mentioned above is 22 has a good 2 years on Collins even and is still 7th on this list.

I think Collins starts for Burnley next year regardless of what League they are in was bought to be Tarkowskis replacement. I think if Norwich go down and they should do Omobamidele under Farke was straight in now I wouldn't be as confident that's the case. Hopefully Smith will show the same faith in him. Even if they both play Championship football next year if they are playing every week they will be both on notice at their young ages. There's a general shortage of quality CBs in England so if one impresses they are in demand.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:44pm
Cresswell has played significantly less than the two lads also, has only played 92 minutes in the league this season.

O'Shea had the most appearances of any under 21 centre back in the league last season also.

If there's one position we don't need to be concerned about, it's centre back. Which is good news, since we play three of them in our starting 11.

Edited by You Tell Me - 06 Dec 2021 at 12:45pm
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:41pm
Andrew is not in the match-day squad today against Man U.
Anyone know if he's injured or just not required?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:43pm
COVID
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:55pm
Thanks.
Might be one of the only times I'm happy to hear someone has covid.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 6:00pm
Hanley gone off injured. While I was happy the Omobamidele was not dropped for performance reasons I'm now cast into despair when I see he is missing out on some great game experience today.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 2:31pm
Won't play for the next few weeks according to Dean Smith. Has a back issue
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 8:36pm
Kabak gone off injured tonight. Omobamidele picked a bad time to get injured himself.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Dec 2021 at 8:36pm
OohAhh View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:40am
Watched the game last night and in commentary they said he was out with a stress fracture in his back, which is slightly different to the "back issue" I had heard about before. Anyway, Doctor Google says this is a 6-8weeks recovery.

Hope he gets back soon as there's a chance to get a place in that team!

Edited by OohAhh - 15 Dec 2021 at 8:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 34>
  Share Topic