You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 33>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Not in the match day 24. Odd unless injured you'd think 
He had some kind of know at start of week coming into the camp didn’t he or maybe I’m thinking of someone else?

Ogbene had a groin issue. There was nothing reported re: Omobamidele.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:11pm
Norwich linked with Ajer and a few other centre-backs.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 12:12pm
Any reports on why he didn't feature in either game? Very disappointing. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Any reports on why he didn't feature in either game? Very disappointing. 

Didn't want to disrupt the back 3 we had I suppose and risk losing the game
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 8:02pm
"Andrew Omobamidele has returned to Colney in top condition and is believed to have impressed Daniel Farke and City's coaching team with his performances in early pre-season. 

That may reduce the urgency that City search for another option and are understood to be considering loan options in that position. It remains an area of importance for them this window, but resource-limited, they may be prepared to wait and see how the situation evolves in the coming weeks."

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-myenty-abena-transfer-rumour-8148976

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:37pm
Of course Omobamidele came down with tonsillitis earlier in the week and couldn’t play today. A massive opportunity for him today would have been. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Of course Omobamidele came down with tonsillitis earlier in the week and couldn’t play today. A massive opportunity for him today would have been. 

Probably for the best if they get a hammering today, which is very likely.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 6:07pm
Starts tonight in their EFL Cup clash with Bournemouth.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:49am
Looks like Norwich will sign Ozan Kabak before the window closes. Puts Omobamidele in a similar position to Idah, too far down the order to get any decent game time, but probably kept as cover by Norwich all the same rather than being allowed out on loan. 

Really think he'd have been better off with the Ireland Under 21s than the seniors, at least he'd have got a couple of games at a decent level.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Looks like Norwich will sign Ozan Kabak before the window closes. Puts Omobamidele in a similar position to Idah, too far down the order to get any decent game time, but probably kept as cover by Norwich all the same rather than being allowed out on loan. 

Really think he'd have been better off with the Ireland Under 21s than the seniors, at least he'd have got a couple of games at a decent level.

Was always likely to be the case! Tbf he's only 19 still young and being in a squad like that will be a good experience for him! I don't see Norwich staying up they will go straight back down and you will see him slot in then!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:26pm
 I suspect that both idah and omobamidele will stay at Norwich, barely kick a ball between them up until the January window and then go on loan.

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I suspect that both idah and omobamidele will stay at Norwich, barely kick a ball between them up until the January window and then go on loan.

Which Norwich would think is fine because they can see how the lads fare training with the group, maybe pick up the odd minutes and there will be more certainty at Championship level as to who will need both players and will give them games in January.

That's not much use for Irish supporters right now, particularly with regards to Idah when we rely on him- probably to start- and so there's no doubt we need a sharp version of him and no better way to sharpen up than games. 

It's a pain for us at this point. But speaks to the point that with some of these promising players coming through they will have a little more certainty and game time at club level to allow Kenny or AN Other play from a better hand in the medium term. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 30 Aug 2021 at 12:49pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:19am
Andrew did well last night. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:03pm
Well done to him last night, the youngest the new crop to win a senior cap so far.

If we had won the penalty shootout against Spain in 2002 our quarter final against South Korea would have taken place on the day he was born.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:08pm
Bazunu, Omobamidele and Idah on the pitch last night. Three Irish-born lads of mixed Irish/African heritage.

Have we ever had more than three black boys on the pitch at the same time?

I feel there must have been other occasions where there were three but four might be a first-time thing when it inevitably happens.

Maybe Tets has the answer?
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Bazunu, Omobamidele and Idah on the pitch last night. Three Irish-born lads of mixed Irish/African heritage.

I feel there must have been other occasions where there were three but four might be a first-time thing when it inevitably happens.

Great to see and well done Andrew, cant have been easy coming in to a game like that but played well. 

With the influx of different nationalities over the years it was always going to happen. I'm wondering where are all these Brazilian young fellas. There is plenty of people Brazilian ancestry around Ireland lately. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
The Nigerian community in Ireland is small, tiny relative to other minority population groups such as Poles. The number of players they are providing to Irish teams at the moment from underage right up to senior level is actually incredible.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Yes of course.

We almost had a Black 4 ; McGrath, Babb, Phelan.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 33>
  Share Topic