You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Omobamidele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:47pm
I would expect them to strengthen through the spine of the team, they stuck with the manager, the lads they had didn't keep them up last time, they will spend I'd say this time round. They won't be hanging their hopes on teenage key position players so premier league experience might not be easy to come by for our lads there.
Sponsored Links

geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 6:12pm
I've seen a few people say similar in relation to Norwich making sightings but I wouldn't be so sure

They've tried the other route of splurging on big money signings and it nearly crippled them, they don't see relegation as the end of the world. I reckon they will make one or two small signings while banking most of the money. If they get relegated they will sell one or two big names and go all in on getting back up again. People seem to criticize them for it but it's a decent philosophy that won't bankrupt them and promotes youth.

Omobamidele will be in a decent position to benefit over the next few seasons from that philosophy, Idah would have been too if it wasn't for his injuries. Obviously if they go out and sign a striker it will be a different story for him but I'm hoping to see them both in the premiership next season

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

started again today and another clean sheet for Norwich

84 of 86 passes completed today I real elsewhere

Not correct. He was 98 for 106. 4th highest number of completed passes by a Norwich player in a single game this season. 

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
Great to see - is he in the team because of injury to a couple of players who’ve played most of the season or because the manager thinks it’s time to give him the chance. Would be great if he features for them next season.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:20pm
He's in because of injuries. But they don't have huge depth in the position and Grant Hanley has struggled with the step up to EPL football previously in his career, so it's encouraging to see him get the run and it's possible he may see some game time next season in the Premier League.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Great to see - is he in the team because of injury to a couple of players who’ve played most of the season or because the manager thinks it’s time to give him the chance. Would be great if he features for them next season.

Ben Gibson and Zimmerman are injured hence he’s they keys to the office until the end of the season by the looks of it. Huge experience for him even if he’s only 3rd or 4th choice CB next year. He’s been exceptional since he’s come in general consensus from Norwich fans is he’s like a 28 year old so good today youd forget he was a kid. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 10:54am
Always nice when you see a player unexpectedly make a breakthrough, even better that he's playing in a good team and can pass a ball. If he continues to impress for the rest of the season, I don't see any excuse why he shouldn't be blooded in the upcoming Andorra/Hungary games. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:58pm
Anyone watching the Norwich game tonight?how is he playing
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:45pm
Was to blame for the Norwich equaliser. Would also have been to blame for a first half goal that was ruled out because Solanke tapped the ball in from an offside position when it was already going in. The other two Bournemouth goals were nothing to do with him. In general Norwich have been under pressure because of a questionable early red card for the left back.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:29pm
I don't think we'll be seeing much of him in the Premier League, unfortunately.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:25pm
Yeah, let's write off his potential after one mistake in his breakthrough season.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Yeah, let's write off his potential after one mistake in his breakthrough season.

I didn't write off his potential. And it's not one mistake; he's had several. He's only 18 years old so he has plenty of time to iron those things out of his game, but I reiterate that the chances of him getting game time are extremely low - especially when you consider how ruthless Farke was with Grant Hanley the last time they got promoted.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:10pm
I would be happy to see him go out on loan just as much but my own thinking is Omobamidele will be kept as 4th choice next year. Ben Gibson Hanley Omobamidele and I suspect a decent centre back will be top of their wishlist.

A very poor mistake but he has played really well up to this if not a bit green understandably.

Edited by kevin100 - 08 May 2021 at 6:11pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:52pm
It's the reaction I'd be more critical of, rather than the mistake itself. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I would be happy to see him go out on loan just as much but my own thinking is Omobamidele will be kept as 4th choice next year. Ben Gibson Hanley Omobamidele and I suspect a decent centre back will be top of their wishlist.

A very poor mistake but he has played really well up to this if not a bit green understandably.
They have Zimmerman as well, so if they sign another centre back he'd be better going on loan. If they stick with what they have he could stay as fourth choice and maybe pressure Hanley for the bench spot.

Interesting that himself and Idah are in a similar situation at the same club.

Edited by You Tell Me - 08 May 2021 at 6:58pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

They have Zimmerman as well, so if they sign another centre back he'd be better going on loan. If they stick with what they have he could stay as fourth choice and maybe pressure Hanley for the bench spot.

Interesting that himself and Idah are in a similar situation at the same club.

Think reading between the lines that Zimmermann may well leave this summer/be sold. 

If not then a 100% a loan to a promotion chasing League 1 team even would be a lovely spot for Omobamidele but a Championship loan he would be more than capable of manufacturing. 

Edited by kevin100 - 08 May 2021 at 7:00pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:10pm
Not in the match day 24. Odd unless injured you'd think 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Not in the match day 24. Odd unless injured you'd think 
He had some kind of know at start of week coming into the camp didn’t he or maybe I’m thinking of someone else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 33>
  Share Topic