You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 9:47pm
It should be noted that from 1 January 2021, these restrictions also apply to third-country nationals residing in the United Kingdom, including UK nationals who do not fall under the provisions of the Withdrawal Agreement (see FAQs)

Third-country nationals may no longer enter the territory of the Grand Duchy until 30 September.

I take this to mean as I reside in England, having an Irish passport is irrelevant and I would be refused entry? Was thinking of driving there.

Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:17pm
you take it right. Its only until the end of September so it may or may not be extended.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

It should be noted that from 1 January 2021, these restrictions also apply to third-country nationals residing in the United Kingdom, including UK nationals who do not fall under the provisions of the Withdrawal Agreement (see FAQs)

Third-country nationals may no longer enter the territory of the Grand Duchy until 30 September.

I take this to mean as I reside in England, having an Irish passport is irrelevant and I would be refused entry? Was thinking of driving there.

Look like it changes after September 

Think it will be ok by the thine it comes around , mind you said that about other games 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 10:50pm
Were flying in and out of Eindhoven (14th back 15th) - only €38 return. No great public transport options it seems so prob have to rent a car and forgo the airport beersCry

Edited by Beavis - 13 Sep 2021 at 10:51pm
<insert witty comment>
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 11:44am
There is a return flight for €9 on the Monday evening after the game from a nearby airport, however Flibco normally run a shuttle bus from Luxembourg to this airport but at the moment it's not running due to covid restrictions and my fear is that they may not re-commence this route. Unless you use the same outbound flight on the Friday which costs €40 and hire a car it might be useful to someone.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

There is a return flight for €9 on the Monday evening after the game from a nearby airport, however Flibco normally run a shuttle bus from Luxembourg to this airport but at the moment it's not running due to covid restrictions and my fear is that they may not re-commence this route. Unless you use the same outbound flight on the Friday which costs €40 and hire a car it might be useful to someone.
Which nearby airport ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Which nearby airport ?

If it's a Ryanair airport it's probably "Luxembourg - South" which I imagine is close to Tripoli. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Which nearby airport ?

If it's a Ryanair airport it's probably "Luxembourg - South" which I imagine is close to Tripoli. 
LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Which nearby airport ?

LOLClap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 3:24pm
😂😂not quiet Tripoli. 

Brussels South Charleroi Airport

craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 3:32pm
Looking at route options and leaning towards Paris or Brussels in and out from Dublin. TGV from Paris looks like a very good option, nice and quick- the Brussels-Lux trip looks like more of a rattler.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:22pm
Fly in the day of the game and out the evening after for 120 bucks
Here we go again
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Or not! Ryanair have copped onto this, it was available earlier today Angry
Here we go again
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:42pm

Or not! Ryanair have copped onto this, it was available earlier today Angry

Couldn't have been unless it was added into a sale by accident, that flight back on Monday was €160/170 last week when I was looking.

It was working out around 260 or so to fly Friday back Monday and that was with the Friday flight being just under €100 I think it was

Edited by wanderer - 14 Sep 2021 at 4:44pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 4:50pm
Maybe I was looking at the wrong dates, was certain the flight back on the monday was 13 quid. NVM, flight out sunday still a decent option for 89e. Gets in 2 hours before kick off.  
Here we go again
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:15pm

Maybe I was looking at the wrong dates, was certain the flight back on the monday was 13 quid. NVM, flight out sunday still a decent option for 89e. Gets in 2 hours before kick off.  

Checked it yesterday, the flight back, and it was €180 odd

Had a flight back from Brussels at 18.55 the day after, Aer Lingus moved it til 10am 🤦‍♂️
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:14pm
A lot of airlines seem to be implementing schedule changes got stung on a few routes myself recently including Kerry to Hahn and Budapest to Baku.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:26pm

Buzzing for this trip now, especially after finding this beautiful pub
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 52>
  Share Topic