You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 5:03pm
Anyone idea of decent routes. Seems to be very short layover times on the wya over and back going Dublin - Lux Saturday - Monday. SOm ebetter option at mad times but was just wondering has anyone seen anything else? We were thinking of doing a styaover in Frankfurth but what with locator forms and all might be messy
Sponsored Links

Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 5:49pm
We are flying to Colonge the day before, staying the night there and getting DB up the next morning, an home out Brussels on Monday
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

We are flying to Colonge the day before, staying the night there and getting DB up the next morning, an home out Brussels on Monday
Out to Cologne Saturday morning too with Ryanair but going to get the train down that day to Luxembourg. Cologne, Frunkfurt, Brussels and the direct flights not being too expensive makes it a handy enough trip.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:29pm
Considering doing Friday in Cologne also as would have been a student there.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Out to Cologne Saturday morning too with Ryanair but going to get the train down that day to Luxembourg. Cologne, Frunkfurt, Brussels and the direct flights not being too expensive makes it a handy enough trip.

Had the early Saturday flight to Brussels booked with Aer Lingus but they’ve just canceled it...Frankfurt it is so.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:05am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Had the early Saturday flight to Brussels booked with Aer Lingus but they’ve just canceled it...Frankfurt it is so.
Got the email from them earlier this evening. There's also a flight to Paris Orly with Transavia which leaves an hour later if you're interested. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:47am
For any lads looking to travel from Cologne to Luxembourg, a heads up as I live in that area: the direct train line between Cologne and Trier (connection to Luxembourg) is totally destroyed due to the recent flooding. There's a series of replacement bus connections between the town of Euskirchen and Trier, but prepare yourself for 3 to 4 hours on a rattly city bus. There are some express buses via the town of Prüm but that shaves about an hour off. No jax on the buses, think Dublin Bus driving through Wicklow country roads for several hours, sore arses easy to come by LOL

You might be able to dog leg it Köln - Koblenz with the ICE and then regional train to Trier, but I think the Koblenz - Trier line is partially closed as well. 

Edited by dangere_here - 09 Sep 2021 at 12:54am
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 10:29am
Booked Frankfurt the Saturday evening , will travel to Lux Sunday morning .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

For any lads looking to travel from Cologne to Luxembourg, a heads up as I live in that area: the direct train line between Cologne and Trier (connection to Luxembourg) is totally destroyed due to the recent flooding. There's a series of replacement bus connections between the town of Euskirchen and Trier, but prepare yourself for 3 to 4 hours on a rattly city bus. There are some express buses via the town of Prüm but that shaves about an hour off. No jax on the buses, think Dublin Bus driving through Wicklow country roads for several hours, sore arses easy to come by LOL

You might be able to dog leg it Köln - Koblenz with the ICE and then regional train to Trier, but I think the Koblenz - Trier line is partially closed as well. 

Thanks for that - we have an ICE booked via Koblez, haven't had any updates from DB yet, will wait and see closer to the time if they send any updates
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:12pm

Thanks for that - we have an ICE booked via Koblez, haven't had any updates from DB yet, will wait and see closer to the time if they send any updates
I'm booked on the tgv train from Paris to Lux - please tell me that line is ok. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:26pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:42pm

Thanks for that. Wasn't aware. 

I had a look there again and there is an option via Liege that takes 4 hours. It seems to be all train. Might go for that option. Heading down on the Friday at some stage.

Will the issues you mentioned affect trains to Frankfurt aswell? I'd expect they might.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:15pm

Did check and think trains are still running via the Koblenz route. 
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

I had a look there again and there is an option via Liege that takes 4 hours. It seems to be all train. Might go for that option. Heading down on the Friday at some stage.

Will the issues you mentioned affect trains to Frankfurt aswell? I'd expect they might.

DB seems to point towards Frankfurt - Luxembourg as shortest thru Cologne, but that would be not ideal. I think it's far easier from Frankfurt go through Koblenz and take the local train to Trier,(about 2 hours with hourly service). I think there is a replacement bus part of the way, but only a part of the line is down, as opposed to the whole line where I live. Also possible to take the train to Trier via Mannheim and Saarbrücken, but Koblenz probably the least painful alternative. 

The latest travel status / info for the region can be found here if you pop into Google Translate, including bus timetables: https://www.bahn.de/p/view/service/aktuell/index.shtml It's hidden away under:

Unwetterfolgen: Einschränkungen im Bahnverkehr in Nordrhein-Westfalen und Rheinland-Pfalz (Unwetter)

conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

DB seems to point towards Frankfurt - Luxembourg as shortest thru Cologne, but that would be not ideal. I think it's far easier from Frankfurt go through Koblenz and take the local train to Trier,(about 2 hours with hourly service). I think there is a replacement bus part of the way, but only a part of the line is down, as opposed to the whole line where I live. Also possible to take the train to Trier via Mannheim and Saarbrücken, but Koblenz probably the least painful alternative. 

The latest travel status / info for the region can be found here if you pop into Google Translate, including bus timetables: https://www.bahn.de/p/view/service/aktuell/index.shtml It's hidden away under:

Unwetterfolgen: Einschränkungen im Bahnverkehr in Nordrhein-Westfalen und Rheinland-Pfalz (Unwetter)

Thanks
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:14pm
Flying direct from and to Dublin for this. Looking at Luxembourg government site, it says vaccine certificate sufficient for entry for EU citizens (I have Irish passport). My vaccines were given in North, as opposed to in EU.  Anybody know if this will be an issue when I rock up to LuxAir boarding gate in Dublin?
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Flying direct from and to Dublin for this. Looking at Luxembourg government site, it says vaccine certificate sufficient for entry for EU citizens (I have Irish passport). My vaccines were given in North, as opposed to in EU.  Anybody know if this will be an issue when I rock up to LuxAir boarding gate in Dublin?

Luxembourg government website says vaccine needs to be issued by a public or medical authority of a Member State of the European Union or of a Member State of the Schengen Area. Negative PCR test can be used instead.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Luxembourg government website says vaccine needs to be issued by a public or medical authority of a Member State of the European Union or of a Member State of the Schengen Area. Negative PCR test can be used instead.

Ffs not again

Might drop them a line king Kenny flew to Portugal with an nhs ni ll cert 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 52>
  Share Topic