You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Lux and Belgium now on the MHQ list...
Wouldn't worry too much about that another few weeks the Mediterranean countries will be pushing for EU travel to save their tourism season. I'd be confident we will be in Luxembourg so much so I booked my flights the other day. 
More confident of this now..

1,000 (a guess) of us in Luxembourg on a cold Sunday night in November..... can't wait
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Wouldn't worry too much about that another few weeks the Mediterranean countries will be pushing for EU travel to save their tourism season. I'd be confident we will be in Luxembourg so much so I booked my flights the other day. 

1,000 (a guess) of us in Luxembourg on a cold Sunday night in November..... can't wait
Planes and trains to get there and back...bring it on. Clap

What about Portugal at the end of August btw - too soon? 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Portugal will be good to go as soon as the Irish government allows. It’s one of the lowest infection rates in the EU, among other factors. It’s more what the Portuguese will do with a crowd.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Portugal will be good to go as soon as the Irish government allows. It’s one of the lowest infection rates in the EU, among other factors. It’s more what the Portuguese will do with a crowd.

Looks like end of June being pencilled in for international travel by the Irish government atm. Hope they're not going to insist on people having full tests even from 'safe' countries regardless of vaccination status as the British government seems to be planning on doing (for arrival in the UK). 

And hopefully the Portuguese will give us plenty of notice if we can go. 

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 5:26pm
Any word of a venue / city for the Portuguese game yet?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:21pm
They sell a quare drink at their games in Luxembourg. It's kinda like half lager half coke mixed together. Couldn't get my head around it. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Apr 2021 at 7:22pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 8:08pm

A few weeks ago I'd have said might be too soon, but could be just the right time. Portugal seem to be ploughing on with reopening and then it'll be a question of travel from here. Hopeful 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:40pm
think Portugal will be ok from Uk not sure about Ireland though 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

it's  tricky one that's for sure , i look forward what the EU has to say about these travel passports within the EU .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

They sell a quare drink at their games in Luxembourg. It's kinda like half lager half coke mixed together. Couldn't get my head around it. 
That there is your mistake, try getting your mouth around it Wink
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

it's  tricky one that's for sure , i look forward what the EU has to say about these travel passports within the EU .

Two prominent ones France/Spain will open June.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I was introduced to something similar by the Belgium fans in Bordeaux during Euro 2016. So offended by French beer, they were putting a coke head on their beers, and fair play, it wasn't as bad as I had assumed.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:01am
Just booked Friday to Monday with Ryanair for this, reckon we're safe for this one and fairly hopeful of Portugal in September too
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:12am
No thread for Azerbaijan yet but there are some very decent options at getting there which is surprising, anyone any idea of how their vaccine rollout is going LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:22am
Jesus last time I looked prices were sky high and options limited. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:32am
€450 for flights with a transfer through Istanbul, other options can be got for about 350, had looked at going for Europa final in 2019 and nothing could be got for less than 1100 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:38am
Ya that's the prices I've seen. Hopefully more routes open up in the months ahead. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 12:20pm
I would be a bit wary of anything outside of the EU but pretty hopeful for Portugal now at least out of Uk 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
  Share Topic