You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 52>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:02pm
I am based in Luxembourg. Few points of interest for the match next month - 

- it is unlikely that the stadium would be more than 50% capacity 
- the tickets for the Serbian game were sold as a pack but Luxembourg took a large number of refugees from the Baltic’s and this is why there was Serbian fans in last night (as Ironically they would be also Lux fans)
- for those staying in Lux, there are a number of Irish bars. I would recommend both The Pyg and The Blackstuff. They are near the old part of the city. There is an Irish bar near the stadium but it is not ideal
- the stadium is well connected by buses from the center but is in a very soulless area. I can see it from my office window but it is like the stadium in Tallaght but without The Square, the Hotel or anything around it 
- for those staying outside Lux, I would advise Trier as there is a train on the hour to Lux. For those traveling to Paris and Brussels and then getting a train down, be prepared for a boarder checks. Also the train from Brussels is not a fast train 

If I can think of any more advice I will post it here 
Sponsored Links

irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Booked Dublin to Frankfurt on the Saturday. Gonna spend the night in Trier and then it's a 1hr train into Luxembourg on matchday. 

whats your return then?

Back via Brussels on the Monday.

Edited by irish_goat - 13 Oct 2021 at 3:29pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:26pm
direct flight over has shot up €120 since yesterday, could be a lot more than expected travelling to this 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

seems Uk nationals barred unto 31st December ConfusedConfused

But from what I've read they are not checking people coming off trains.
And can you not just show your Irish passport if somebody did ask you ?

It’s the mrs BOrussia - plus all hotels ask for passports of Guests standard 

Can just check in yourself and have her come up later? Or say you're living down south?
NR and the Mrs are flying into Lux so i can't see a way around it as yet for him .

If i had to think of a plan it would be fly into city close by and travel on match day and out again after the match thus not using a hotel in Lux .

Might be an option CM but would be a pain

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Entering from another country on an Irish passport shouldn’t be an issue. 

I don't have the issue KK

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Entering from another country on an Irish passport shouldn’t be an issue. 

Entering from another country on any passport shouldn't be an issue as there is no border checks. Or am I wrong?
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:10pm
Did Serbia get an allocation of tickets for this does anyone know ?
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Did Serbia get an allocation of tickets for this does anyone know ?

Don't think they did. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Trigger1234 Trigger1234 wrote:

- the tickets for the Serbian game were sold as a pack but Luxembourg took a large number of refugees from the Baltic’s and this is why there was Serbian fans in last night (as Ironically they would be also Lux fans)
- for those staying in Lux, there are a number of Irish bars. I would recommend both The Pyg and The Blackstuff. They are near the old part of the city. There is an Irish bar near the stadium but it is not ideal
- the stadium is well connected by buses from the center but is in a very soulless area. I can see it from my office window but it is like the stadium in Tallaght but without The Square, the Hotel or anything around it 
- for those staying outside Lux, I would advise Trier as there is a train on the hour to Lux. For those traveling to Paris and Brussels and then getting a train down, be prepared for a boarder checks. Also the train from Brussels is not a fast train 

good manThumbs Up

what Trier like
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 5:07pm

Good few of us (16) staying in Cologne on the Friday and making our way down on the saturday there seems to be no direct rail route due to the recent flooding in Germany is there any direct buses ect
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 5:07pm

good manThumbs Up

what Trier like

Don't think you'd make the last train to Trier after the game NR - Seems to leave at 11.05pm, game over at 10.30pm.
Was in Trier a number of years ago - Was a nice, historical city. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Don't think you'd make the last train to Trier after the game NR - Seems to leave at 11.05pm, game over at 10.30pm.
Was in Trier a number of years ago - Was a nice, historical city. 

forgot about the hours difference  - think there is one at 2330 but not ideal in fact a complete pain

aye looks nice

Edited by Newryrep - 13 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:16pm
I see tickets went on public sale today for the Belgium v Estonia game which is on in Brussels the night before our game. I also see that a Belgian covid pass (which only seems to be of use if you live in Belgium) is needed to get into that game. Surely the EU certificate would also be sufficient? 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I see tickets went on public sale today for the Belgium v Estonia game which is on in Brussels the night before our game. I also see that a Belgian covid pass (which only seems to be of use if you live in Belgium) is needed to get into that game. Surely the EU certificate would also be sufficient? 

I bought tickets for the game this morning and didn't even cop that. Hopefully the Covid cert will be fine
just hit the fecking thing
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:54pm

[/QUOTE]
Good few of us (16) staying in Cologne on the Friday and making our way down on the saturday there seems to be no direct rail route due to the recent flooding in Germany is there any direct buses ect
[/QUOTE]

About 10 of us staying in Cologne Friday night also, flying out early Friday morning. We booked DB @ 09:42 from the Hbf - ICE to Liege and aprox 1hr20 stop over and intercity to Lux central.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

[/QUOTE]

About 10 of us staying in Cologne Friday night also, flying out early Friday morning. We booked DB @ 09:42 from the Hbf - ICE to Liege and aprox 1hr20 stop over and intercity to Lux central.
[/QUOTE]
That's a long enough spiin
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:03pm
Anyway AFAIK there's a review on the 18th of October regarding increasing capacity at stadia across Luxembourg 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Anyway AFAIK there's a review on the 18th of October regarding increasing capacity at stadia across Luxembourg 

Is there ? That would hopefully be good news
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Is there ? That would hopefully be good news

According to a post on European football weekends on facebook. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 52>
  Share Topic