You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Whats contradictory about it? Seems fairly straight forward. 

The uk govt travel advice  site says you can't travel there
I didnt see that in your post though hence why I failed to see the contradiction. Id take any info from the country of arrival official websites.

Yes, I didn't make that clear. Several sites say you can travel but Luxembourg official site still doesn't seem to have updated to allow me in. As in stands, looks a no go.
Sponsored Links

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Still not working for me - won't validate the QR code on my NHS cert. Unhappy

How did you manage it TyroneBhoy? Were you using a laptop or a mobile device? 

Used my phone. Got the local QR code in PDF form via email then downloaded it into files. Filled in details and Irish passport number on gov.ie site, and uploaded NHS QR code when prompted. I do remember I had to upload it twice after nothing seemed to happen first time, but then got success message immediately. Email arrived about six hours later. Hope this helps, Conor.
That's what I ended up doing but using my own laptop (my phone won't upload documents for some reason) instead of the laptop provided by the office. And it worked. Clap

6 hours sounds good so I should hopefully get mine in the next hour or so since I submitted mine at around 11am this morning. Thanks Tyronebhoy. Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 5:41pm
Another schedule change on flight out of Dublin, now arriving at 9.00 the Friday evening instead of 7.00. Only offering me to change the flight +/- 1 day (there are no flights +/- 1 day) or accept the time change. 

EDIT thought the game was on the Saturday, didn’t fancy getting in that late the night before the game 

Edited by The White Cafu - 04 Oct 2021 at 5:44pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 8:48pm
Luxembourg still only letting in 2k to this weeks game v Serbia, 1,200 fans and the rest are staff.

No sign of that restriction easing up

Edited by wanderer - 04 Oct 2021 at 8:50pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:35pm

Whats contradictory about it? Seems fairly straight forward. 

The uk govt travel advice  site says you can't travel there
I didnt see that in your post though hence why I failed to see the contradiction. Id take any info from the country of arrival official websites.

Yes, I didn't make that clear. Several sites say you can travel but Luxembourg official site still doesn't seem to have updated to allow me in. As in stands, looks a no go.

It us crystal clear if you read the responses from the embassy 

1 Eu citizens can travel freely to Luxembourg Uk can only for essential travel 
2 if you have an Eu covid cert that all you need if you have an nhs one you need a pcr test and that’s if you are allowed in the country at all 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 10:19pm
I have the NHS Covid passport but I’ll be travelling from Dublin with my Irish passport. Will I be allowed travel If I get a negative test, 
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 12:16am
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

I have the NHS Covid passport but I’ll be travelling from Dublin with my Irish passport. Will I be allowed travel If I get a negative test, 
yes
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 7:50am

yes

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 05 Oct 2021 at 8:20am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:01am

You should be able to convert your nhs covid passport to an Eu one via the Irish government portal though I haven’t been able to do it yet which will negate the need for a test at all 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:19am

yes

Thats a couple of good points Clap
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:27am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Luxembourg still only letting in 2k to this weeks game v Serbia, 1,200 fans and the rest are staff.

That’s doesn’t sound great Thumbs Down
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

That’s doesn’t sound great Thumbs Down
Wonder why that is when most of the rest of Europe is opening up much quicker. I'd say social media in Luxembourg must be some craic atm. You can just imagine their fans forum and their version of Planning yapping about their government. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:39am

yes

That was me giving up trying to work things out LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:49am

yes

That was me giving up trying to work things out LOL
LOL

Its actually not that difficult. Hes a European citizen (Irish Passport) with a British vaccine cert. Hes flying from Dublin. As such he only needs a PCR.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm
Made difficult by my mate coming with me who has a uk passport (don't ask) so he can't gain entry.

Saying that, a valid exemption according to the Luxembourg government site is if you are a sailor and with Luxembourg having no sea border, I assume the pair of us dressing up as Naval men and sailing in on a canal boat will meet their needs.
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 12:36pm
Considering making a week out of this and doing it without flying, get a few games in along the way.

Nothing booked yet but looking at doing something like:
Sail/Rail Dub - London early 12th, England v Albania at Wembley.
London - Brussels on 13th, Belgium v Estonia that night.
Brussels - Lux by train early 14th in plenty of time for beers and our match.

And probably the same route back home. Haven't looked at all the various covid requirements for each country but I'm assuming once you're fully vaccinated it should be grand? 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Still not working for me - won't validate the QR code on my NHS cert. Unhappy

How did you manage it TyroneBhoy? Were you using a laptop or a mobile device? 

Same here - no joy.
It recognises the QR Code on the Covid Tracker App but no joy with the Website.
Uploaded it as a PDF - no joy either.
Emailed my passport and NI Cert to dccdocs@health.gov.ie as a query.
Tried QR Code again - it worked - Thank F@@k
Sh-Long View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sh-Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:02am
Just wondering does anybody know when the away portal will open for the Luxembourg game? Also what stadium attendance at Luxembourg at with restrictions?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
  Share Topic