You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 49505152>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:09pm
BSM
The situation around the Central Train station in Luxembourg was mild in comparison to Munich / Frankfurt etc
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:33pm
Was in Frankfurt for New Years nearly 3 years ago and I’ve never felt as unsafe anywhere in my life.  

We went to Cologne the friday and had great craic from what I remember, I wouldn’t be back to Luxembourg in too much of a hurry though as found the place a bit dull and boring, but still a great trip overall. The match was possibly my favourite since Cardiff 2017, the stadium made the atmosphere. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

BSM
The situation around the Central Train station in Luxembourg was mild in comparison to Munich / Frankfurt etc
Yeah that’s what I meant,the station in Frankfurt was bogey
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:06pm
Only back, did a night in Cologne with the missus on the way back, beautiful city, wish we'd had more time there.

Craic in the local boozer beside that Dipso place (very apt name for a boozer LOL) after the match was something else for the last hour before it closed. Great to catch up with so many people we'd not seen for two years. 

Agree on what people are saying about Luxembourg, the city itself was lovely but just very 'nice'. No edge to it at all but kept very well, all perfectly manicured. Can tell it's rolling in money and is full of the diplomatic set. But the staff everywhere were good to deal with and any locals we dealt with were sound. Cologne far better as a city though. 

Atmosphere in away end was good, first half performance not great but game swung on the disallowed goal and once we got ahead we closed things out very well. Stonewall pen on Idah in the first half, how the hell does VAR not look at that? Thought the call to disallow their goal was correct at least.

Kenny deserves the contract at this stage, trajectory is up over last number of games and no point changing track when his current contract runs out two thirds of the way through Nations League. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
UAZ View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:17pm
Nowhere near as bad as Connolly....
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:25pm
Good trip topped off with the result. Nice enough city but a bit boring. Great noise in the away end. A few very drunk fellas, don't know how a couple of them didn't break their necks after going arse over tit on those steep steps in the stadium. Great to be back on the road again.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Was great to be back. 
Thought it was a nice enough city, but there's not too much going on so I wouldn't be in a rush to go back. 
We met a local couple on Friday that suggested Urban, but on our way there discovered a club that was open till 3. Was lively enough too. 
Bus back to the city was good after the game too

Direct Ryanair flight home yesterday evening a lad took ill. Stewards were giving him CPR in the aisle and even had the defibrillator out as a precaution but thankfully he woke up eventually. Hopefully he's alright now. 

I want to know the lyrics to the Paul McShane (You're so Vein) song. Some laugh at that!!

As for the poor chap on the plane I couldn't really see what was going on but it looked like he may be having some sort of fit. Hope he's ok anyway. He was sitting up on the seat anyway ok but looked fasirly shook by it
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:55pm
only got a flashback of the Paul McShane song being belted out before the game , a cracker Clap
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 7:57pm
When you walked into the Ireland team,
Nobody gave you a chance, 
Your hair is outrageous 
And you should have been on the plane to France. 

You had 6 years in the Premier League 
And 4 of those with Hull
Then in New York you nearly scored against the Spanish 
Scored against the spanish

Oh Paul McShane
I bet you think this song is about you
Paul McShane... Paul McShaaaane
I bet you think this song is about you... Don't you don't youuu

Lyrics Mr Z Kelly....Music by Charlie McGettigan and Paul Harrington

Edited by ShamtheRam - 16 Nov 2021 at 7:58pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:08pm
I quite enjoyed the city - done the walking tours enough places to drink to avoid the messy ones 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 9:24pm
The doctor/nurse who treated the guy on the plane was sitting by me. Heard him say to fella next to him that the guy had epilepsy. Was an ambulance waiting by plane on arrival but assume that is standard after an incident like that. 

Edited by CC1984 - 16 Nov 2021 at 11:54pm
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:01pm
Great trip and Lux won the Eurovision 5 times in case anyone was wondering. 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Was great to be back. 
Thought it was a nice enough city, but there's not too much going on so I wouldn't be in a rush to go back. 
We met a local couple on Friday that suggested Urban, but on our way there discovered a club that was open till 3. Was lively enough too. 
Bus back to the city was good after the game too

Direct Ryanair flight home yesterday evening a lad took ill. Stewards were giving him CPR in the aisle and even had the defibrillator out as a precaution but thankfully he woke up eventually. Hopefully he's alright now. 

I want to know the lyrics to the Paul McShane (You're so Vein) song. Some laugh at that!!

As for the poor chap on the plane I couldn't really see what was going on but it looked like he may be having some sort of fit. Hope he's ok anyway. He was sitting up on the seat anyway ok but looked fasirly shook by it

That chap that took the fit was sitting behind me....it didn’t look good at one stage,never seen a person turn that grey/white colour before so quickly after passing out.fair play to the lad(think he was a nurse)who looked after him...hope the lads ok.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:23am
ClapClap
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

When you walked into the Ireland team,
Nobody gave you a chance, 
Your hair is outrageous 
And you should have been on the plane to France. 

You had 6 years in the Premier League 
And 4 of those with Hull
Then in New York you nearly scored against the Spanish 
Scored against the spanish

Oh Paul McShane
I bet you think this song is about you
Paul McShane... Paul McShaaaane
I bet you think this song is about you... Don't you don't youuu

Lyrics Mr Z Kelly....Music by Charlie McGettigan and Paul Harrington

Clap
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:03am
I hope this idea of f**king plastic pint glasses and beer onto the pitch when players score becomes a tradition - Morons!!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:04am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

I hope this idea of f**king plastic pint glasses and beer onto the pitch when players score becomes a tradition - Morons!!

**DOESN'T!!!!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:21am

**DOESN'T!!!!
Exactly it's great that the players celebrated the first two goals with the fans, but imagine playing out the rest of the game covered in stale beer !! If I was a player I'd be avoiding that situation.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:32am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

**DOESN'T!!!!
Exactly it's great that the players celebrated the first two goals with the fans, but imagine playing out the rest of the game covered in stale beer !! If I was a player I'd be avoiding that situation.

Really not a fan of beer being allowed into the stands. Plenty of time for drinking before and after. 

Had to laugh at the lads picking up the empties for the deposits though, heard of lads walking out with a nice few quid at €2 a pop. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 49505152>
  Share Topic