You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 52>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by billoneill68@gmail.c billoneill68@gmail.c wrote:

Any idea / or assistance with getting tickets for this game? I am Irish living in Luxembourg and their does not seem to be much know how over here as to how to get a hold of these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

No announcement yet on the away allocation Bill but with respect, you will have a 0.001% chance of securing a ticket for the Irish section unless you have attended the last 8 or 9 or whatever the criteria is set at away games with us. Your best bet would be securing a home end ticket and getting as close to the away end as you can.

Wouldn't say that just yet, if it's full capacity then I'd imagine we'll get a healthy allocation, still highly unlikely but not impossible 
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Any idea / or assistance with getting tickets for this game? I am Irish living in Luxembourg and their does not seem to be much know how over here as to how to get a hold of these.

No announcement yet on the away allocation Bill but with respect, you will have a 0.001% chance of securing a ticket for the Irish section unless you have attended the last 8 or 9 or whatever the criteria is set at away games with us. Your best bet would be securing a home end ticket and getting as close to the away end as you can.

Wouldn't say that just yet, if it's full capacity then I'd imagine we'll get a healthy allocation, still highly unlikely but not impossible 
If it's full capacity then we would get around 450 tickets. I'd be fairly sure we'll have a lot more than that traveling. Know quite a few of irregular travelers who are going to Luxembourg. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Sh-Long Sh-Long wrote:

I presume you would very little chance of getting a ticket if when you have no previous games to your name? Being to two previous away games, but under a friend's portal account.
your presumption would be correct or at least should be.
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If it's full capacity then we would get around 450 tickets. I'd be fairly sure we'll have a lot more than that traveling. Know quite a few of irregular travelers who are going to Luxembourg. 

It's minimum 5% allocation but could be higher than that? What's best case scenario, 900?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:25pm

Plus whatever else the FAI manage to get, luxembourg won't fill the ground themselves.

Slovakia was judged on the last 8 games, so assuming the same is applied here your probably looking at I'm going to guess maybe 5 or 6 being needed. But that's all guessing until an allocation is confirmed 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:27pm

That's if they give us the minimum, they may give us more, I don't believe they sell their games out, so may be in their interest to give us more. 

Is it not 5% plus 200 as well? 
Sh-Long View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sh-Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:30pm
Be worth chancing the home end?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Sh-Long Sh-Long wrote:

Be worth chancing the home end?
sure why not...nothing to lose
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:38pm
Everyone seems to be assuming they won't sell out this game. This could be the first full capacity crowd in their new ground and their team are probably the best they've been in quite a while so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them selling out. 
billoneill68@gmail.c View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billoneill68@gmail.c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:43pm
There is also thousands of Irish here looking to get their hands on a ticket home or away end. Have you any idea when these go on general sale to the public? None of us have any idea at the minute in Luxembourg 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:56pm
Cant speak for when the Lux FA will be selling locally. But for away end tickets no idea yet and there wont be a public sale anyhow. Signed up fans with away accounts will be advised by email and will log in and apply. Only those that meet the relevant criteria of previous attendance will be awarded a ticket.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 3:04pm

Everyone seems to be assuming they won't sell out this game. This could be the first full capacity crowd in their new ground and their team are probably the best they've been in quite a while so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them selling out. 

In 2019 they got a crowd of 8,000 against Portugal and 6,300 against Serbia. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 3:14pm

In 2019 they got a crowd of 8,000 against Portugal and 6,300 against Serbia. 
Even Azerbaijan got 20k against Portugal.

Both of those teams have players that attract a few fans. Something we don't have 
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Deco Deco wrote:

Looks like my trip over to Luxembourg looks bleak with the ticket fiasco Cry

I'll make it up next year with a few trips with the backlog of 2020 and 2021 away days Tongue

What ticket fiasco Confused ?

Apologies in the late reply, maybe the term ticket fiasco is over the top. 

Going by rumours (only rumours) we will probably only get 400-500 tickets and I can see at least 600 travelling over for this (it will be probably a lot more). 

I will still apply for a ticket but with the lack of away games I attended very little chance I will get one, but I will happily wait till next year if that is the case. Hope that clears it up. 
Let the Games begin ...
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:18am
Yeah it’s 5% plus the 200 FAI tickets. 

I’d be hopeful if we get the 500+ that vast majority would get sorted. The 156 from Baku should be a priority, lol. Nah I’m messing but it is a dead rubber so can’t see there being much interest. Depends on how we do in Dublin a few days earlier as well. A positive result against Portugal and Lux could be swamped with Irish. 

Not sure if I misread a comment but did someone say there is thousands of Irish in Lux? LOL There’s not even thousands of Lux people in Lux FFS 
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:45am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Not sure if I misread a comment but did someone say there is thousands of Irish in Lux? LOL There’s not even thousands of Lux people in Lux FFS 

Probably an over estimate LOL, but I expect some Irish abroad living in Belgium, France, The Netherlands or Germany making the journey there. 
Let the Games begin ...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 7:57am

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Looks like my trip over to Luxembourg looks bleak with the ticket fiasco Cry

I'll make it up next year with a few trips with the backlog of 2020 and 2021 away days Tongue

What ticket fiasco Confused ?

Apologies in the late reply, maybe the term ticket fiasco is over the top. 

Going by rumours (only rumours) we will probably only get 400-500 tickets and I can see at least 600 travelling over for this (it will be probably a lot more). 

I will still apply for a ticket but with the lack of away games I attended very little chance I will get one, but I will happily wait till next year if that is the case. Hope that clears it up. 

It’s a small ground and the home FA aren’t obliged to give us anymore tickets just because it’s us - I doubt their manager will want more away fans and I doubt their FA are skint so don’t need the money 

I expect this to be well oversubscribed , it’s my first away since Geneva and it’s been a long time coming , handy to get to and the team playing decent 

I would guess the last 8 away games as per Bratislava criteria with Baku added and the first one dropping off ( turkey away ? Not sure ) would guess 2-3000

Edited by Newryrep - 20 Oct 2021 at 7:59am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:44am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Yeah it’s 5% plus the 200 FAI tickets. 

I’d be hopeful if we get the 500+ that vast majority would get sorted. The 156 from Baku should be a priority, lol. Nah I’m messing but it is a dead rubber so can’t see there being much interest. Depends on how we do in Dublin a few days earlier as well. A positive result against Portugal and Lux could be swamped with Irish. 

Where did you get the 156 number for Baku from? I’d imagine about 1000 Irish will be over in Luxembourg for this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 52>
  Share Topic