You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 52>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Might be of use to some 

Irish passport holders vaccinated in Great Britain will be able to obtain an EU Digital Covid Cert from tomorrow on https://t.co/7H4fn5lcY8.

Will be extended to those vaccinated out side the EU in November. 

Cheers for that. Unfortunately the website is refusing to recognise the NHS QR code for some reason and as a result keeps rejecting my application.

probably teething problems, will give it another go tomorrow.
Did that for a week for NI Certs.
I uploaded mine to the Irish Covid Tracker.
Then cut that QR code and saved as pdf.
Worked eventually 
Sponsored Links

SM123 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SM123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:51pm
Hi, has anyone in the UK been able to upload the NHS App QR code to the gov.ie website to request an EU Digital Covid Certificate? I’m unable to do so.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 11:44pm
I just registered for an EU COVID certificate after being vaccinated in UK.  Uploaded a PDF of my NHS COVID certificate, but it wasn't accepted.  Converted the PDF to a .jpg and uploaded that, it worked.  So use jpg files seems to be the answer.
MancBoy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MancBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 1:45am
Might be a silly question, but what exactly does the EU digital certificate do for us UK based? Will they be able to see we were vaccinated in UK or not? If they can, will obviously be of no use to us. Also having similar difficulties uploading to the website, not sure how to convert to jpeg from an iPhone or iPad pdf so if you’ve done it that way, any advice be appreciated!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:54am
 I tried again yesterday to no avail. Seems a right pain in the hoop. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by MancBoy MancBoy wrote:

Might be a silly question, but what exactly does the EU digital certificate do for us UK based? Will they be able to see we were vaccinated in UK or not? If they can, will obviously be of no use to us. Also having similar difficulties uploading to the website, not sure how to convert to jpeg from an iPhone or iPad pdf so if you’ve done it that way, any advice be appreciated!

Getting into bars and restaurants in places that insist on the EU covid cert for a start. Depends very much where you go of course. Only for a sound bouncer I would have been knocked back from a well known musical establishment in Dublin after the Serbia game.... would have been plain sailing with the EU covid cert.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Deco Deco wrote:

Looks like my trip over to Luxembourg looks bleak with the ticket fiasco Cry

I'll make it up next year with a few trips with the backlog of 2020 and 2021 away days Tongue

What ticket fiasco Confused ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by MancBoy MancBoy wrote:

It avoids you having to take tests when yo go to Eu country’s eg I  would of went to Portugal if I had the Eu cert and I can now go to Luxembourg there and back with no testing ( they don’t recognise the nhs cert ) but obviously when you go back to Manchester you need to comply with UK returning testing requirements
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SM123 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SM123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 12:53am
I’ve just received my EU Digital Covid Certification following this advice from the Covid Certificate Portal.ie: 

“We recommend that you follow these steps in order to ensure a successful upload of your QR code. 
1. Save your QR code document as a PDF on your PC. 
2. Crop the PDF file using a snipping tool or similar such that only the QR code is showing, ensure the following, - If you received a 2 dose course then only include the second dose QR code in the cropped image. Remove any surrounding text, shading or images. Maintain a boarder of white around the QR code ie, do not crop too tightly or cut off any of the QR code. 
3. Ensure that the image is not blurred. 
4. Save the cropped image. 
5. Upload this file to the portal”

I hope this is useful for fans vaccinated in the UK.

Edited by SM123 - 17 Oct 2021 at 3:54pm
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:32am
I applied for my EU COVID certificate last night. Got it tonight! 😊
kjpm1916 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjpm1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 3:54pm
Thanks for posting that information.  I was attaching the full pdf form and getting rejected but once I followed your instructions it went through straight away.  Much appreciated.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
there are glitches when I tried to upload it in a computer it wouldn’t let me but uploaded the exact same file from the phone it was successfull
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:47pm
Heard from a Luxembourg fan that there will be 100% attendance allowed at this game.
Chips don't bounce
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Heard from a Luxembourg fan that there will be 100% attendance allowed at this game.
Excellent if true. They don't get big crowds anyway so hopefully if that's the case the FAI will be given a decent allocation 
OohAhh View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

The great thing about new ticketing system is that those who deserve them will get them.
The sh*te thing with names going on tickets is no more lists.

What new ticketing system is this?

Edited by OohAhh - 18 Oct 2021 at 9:44am
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 9:53am
Any chance mods would split the discussion into Luxembourg away and a seperate covid cert topic for NordiesSmile
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:50am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Any chance mods would split the discussion into Luxembourg away and a seperate covid cert topic for NordiesSmile

Defo should be no more angry nordie covid cert sh*te talk, keep thinking there's been a ticket update or something!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 12:01pm
i see the luxembourg parliament is voting on strict new measures today clamping down on unvaccinated residents. amongst other things it means if you're going to events you need to prove you've had the jab or recovered. 

it shouldn't matter to us but it may put off the lux fa from allocating tickets to away fans to avoid the extra hassle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 52>
  Share Topic