You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 52>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Anyway AFAIK there's a review on the 18th of October regarding increasing capacity at stadia across Luxembourg 

Is there ? That would hopefully be good news

According to a post on European football weekends on facebook. 

Fingers crossed so
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Trigger1234 Trigger1234 wrote:

I am based in Luxembourg. Few points of interest for the match next month - 

- it is unlikely that the stadium would be more than 50% capacity 
- the tickets for the Serbian game were sold as a pack but Luxembourg took a large number of refugees from the Baltic’s and this is why there was Serbian fans in last night (as Ironically they would be also Lux fans)
- for those staying in Lux, there are a number of Irish bars. I would recommend both The Pyg and The Blackstuff. They are near the old part of the city. There is an Irish bar near the stadium but it is not ideal
- the stadium is well connected by buses from the center but is in a very soulless area. I can see it from my office window but it is like the stadium in Tallaght but without The Square, the Hotel or anything around it 
- for those staying outside Lux, I would advise Trier as there is a train on the hour to Lux. For those traveling to Paris and Brussels and then getting a train down, be prepared for a boarder checks. Also the train from Brussels is not a fast train 

If I can think of any more advice I will post it here 

What are the opening times of bars ???
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:24am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Trigger1234 Trigger1234 wrote:

I am based in Luxembourg. Few points of interest for the match next month - 

- it is unlikely that the stadium would be more than 50% capacity 
- the tickets for the Serbian game were sold as a pack but Luxembourg took a large number of refugees from the Baltic’s and this is why there was Serbian fans in last night (as Ironically they would be also Lux fans)
- for those staying in Lux, there are a number of Irish bars. I would recommend both The Pyg and The Blackstuff. They are near the old part of the city. There is an Irish bar near the stadium but it is not ideal
- the stadium is well connected by buses from the center but is in a very soulless area. I can see it from my office window but it is like the stadium in Tallaght but without The Square, the Hotel or anything around it 
- for those staying outside Lux, I would advise Trier as there is a train on the hour to Lux. For those traveling to Paris and Brussels and then getting a train down, be prepared for a boarder checks. Also the train from Brussels is not a fast train 

If I can think of any more advice I will post it here 

What are the opening times of bars ???
Any 24-hour bars...? WinkLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:47am

Anyway AFAIK there's a review on the 18th of October regarding increasing capacity at stadia across Luxembourg 
FAI over there on 19th to discuss attendance, etc.
TheBigFella32 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:29am
You are not the only one Luke. I’m in the exact same position as you. “Contact us” doesn’t do anything it seems. Not sure what we can do until they actually get back to us though? My emails have been going unanswered since last month, I was planning on Baku first but that went out the window without portal access too. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:57am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Progress at least anyway, a little more positive than previously.

Someone can correct me if I've missed anything but the last 8 aways if they go with that would be, Azerbaijan, Switzerland, Georgia, Denmark x2 , Poland, Wales, France 
TheBigFella32 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:58am
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

im not actually registered to the away portal and everytime i try to i never get an email to complete the registration. Is this becasue it is not open at this time? i fully intend going to luxembourg and it will be my first away game

As others have said check spam, failing that you could contact the FAI and ask for an account.

Luxembourg for your first away could be very difficult to get a ticket for, tbh it's unlikely you'd get one even if they allowed the 9k into the stadium and give us 5% of that

So theres a contact us feature on the away portal and that doesnt even work either. When i try and submit it says to contact the site admin. I have searched up a few emails and have sent them off. Surely i am not the only one having issues registering an account

You are not the only one Luke. I’m in the exact same position as you. “Contact us” doesn’t do anything it seems. Not sure what we can do until they actually get back to us though? My emails have been going unanswered since last month, I was planning on Baku first but that went out the window without portal access too. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:08am

Someone can correct me if I've missed anything but the last 8 aways if they go with that would be, Azerbaijan, Switzerland, Georgia, Denmark x2 , Poland, Wales, France 

Thought it was the last 9 for the brat playoff that didn’t happen but could be wrong 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Thought it was the last 9 for the brat playoff that didn’t happen but could be wrong 

Yeah I thought that myself as well but they used 8 for that
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I see tickets went on public sale today for the Belgium v Estonia game which is on in Brussels the night before our game. I also see that a Belgian covid pass (which only seems to be of use if you live in Belgium) is needed to get into that game. Surely the EU certificate would also be sufficient? 

I had a look on the COVIDsafe website which is the app they use in Belgium, and in the FAQ section it mentions about how foreign nationals without a Belgian national registration number can attend:

You have an EU Digital Covid Certificate from another Member State.

In that case, all you need to do is have your certificate scanned at the entrance in your own country's app or on paper. The certificate will be checked according to the current Belgian rules for attending events.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I see tickets went on public sale today for the Belgium v Estonia game which is on in Brussels the night before our game. I also see that a Belgian covid pass (which only seems to be of use if you live in Belgium) is needed to get into that game. Surely the EU certificate would also be sufficient? 

I had a look on the COVIDsafe website which is the app they use in Belgium, and in the FAQ section it mentions about how foreign nationals without a Belgian national registration number can attend:

You have an EU Digital Covid Certificate from another Member State.

In that case, all you need to do is have your certificate scanned at the entrance in your own country's app or on paper. The certificate will be checked according to the current Belgian rules for attending events.

Brilliant - all systems go for that game anyway. Clap

Thanks D Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by TheBigFella32 TheBigFella32 wrote:

im not actually registered to the away portal and everytime i try to i never get an email to complete the registration. Is this becasue it is not open at this time? i fully intend going to luxembourg and it will be my first away game

As others have said check spam, failing that you could contact the FAI and ask for an account.

Luxembourg for your first away could be very difficult to get a ticket for, tbh it's unlikely you'd get one even if they allowed the 9k into the stadium and give us 5% of that

So theres a contact us feature on the away portal and that doesnt even work either. When i try and submit it says to contact the site admin. I have searched up a few emails and have sent them off. Surely i am not the only one having issues registering an account

Yeah its a bit ridiculous at this stage. Nobody will answer anything. I bet the fai dont even realise there is an issue. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:15pm
Might be of use to some 

Irish passport holders vaccinated in Great Britain will be able to obtain an EU Digital Covid Cert from tomorrow on https://t.co/7H4fn5lcY8.

Will be extended to those vaccinated out side the EU in November. 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:01pm

Might be of use to some 

Irish passport holders vaccinated in Great Britain will be able to obtain an EU Digital Covid Cert from tomorrow on https://t.co/7H4fn5lcY8.

crazy that one EU country recogonses others certs as equivalent and that other don't yet have no issue with the newly issued EU cert
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:25pm

Yeah I thought that myself as well but they used 8 for that

Think whatever number it was it was a natural break ie the end of a campaign or tge last one before was dubious 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:56pm
The great thing about new ticketing system is that those who deserve them will get them.
The sh*te thing with names going on tickets is no more lists.

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:34am

Might be of use to some 

Cheers for that. Unfortunately the website is refusing to recognise the NHS QR code for some reason and as a result keeps rejecting my application.

probably teething problems, will give it another go tomorrow.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:47am
Looks like my trip over to Luxembourg looks bleak with the ticket fiasco Cry

I'll make it up next year with a few trips with the backlog of 2020 and 2021 away days Tongue
Let the Games begin ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 52>
  Share Topic