You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 52>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

It should be noted that from 1 January 2021, these restrictions also apply to third-country nationals residing in the United Kingdom, including UK nationals who do not fall under the provisions of the Withdrawal Agreement (see FAQs)

Third-country nationals may no longer enter the territory of the Grand Duchy until 30 September.

I take this to mean as I reside in England, having an Irish passport is irrelevant and I would be refused entry? Was thinking of driving there.

looks like this has been extended till the18th October unless I am reading it wrongCry

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:38pm
Might be OK. I'm hearing Dublin government will soon be setting up portal for citizens in occupied six who have been vaccinated to apply for EU Covid passport, as promised by Martin a while ago. That would solve the problem.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Might be OK. I'm hearing Dublin government will soon be setting up portal for citizens in occupied six who have been vaccinated to apply for EU Covid passport, as promised by Martin a while ago. That would solve the problem.

Yeah portal due to go live in the next week or so appearently.

Currently in Luxembourg they allow max 2,000 at large events so that rule would need to change for us as well

Edited by wanderer - 15 Sep 2021 at 8:54pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:41pm
No border checks are carried out on persons entering the Grand Duchy other than the normal checks carried out on external borders (Luxembourg airport).

Travelling in via train or rental car from France / Belgium a loophole for those currently refused entry?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:45pm

soon ? wow that is some commitment I wouldn't hold my breath

plus the mrs is English

No border checks are carried out on persons entering the Grand Duchy other than the normal checks carried out on external borders (Luxembourg airport).

Travelling in via train or rental car from France / Belgium a loophole for those currently refused entry?

flying via Zurich

Edited by Newryrep - 15 Sep 2021 at 9:46pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:04am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Currently in Luxembourg they allow max 2,000 at large events so that rule would need to change for us as well
Clap

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58575724 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 9:07am
The TUV rocking up with their Irish passports LOLCool
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 10:57am

First email

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

We would advise you to monitor the website https://covid19.public.lu/en/travellers.html to find out if the travel restrictions currently in place are lifted/revised on 30 September. We have no further information at present.

Also, your wife will still need to show a negative Covid-test if she has been fully vaccinated through the NHS but does not have an EU Covid certificate issued by a Member State of the European Union or by a Member State of the Schengen.

2nd email

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXX

You and your wife are both resident in County Down, Northern Ireland. As an EU national, you are free to enter Luxembourg regardless of the purpose of your stay. But your wife, holder of a UK passport, must prove that her trip to Luxembourg is essential as she will be travelling from the UK to Luxembourg. For your information, the covid travel restrictions for 3rd country nationals are prolonged to 18 October 2021.

You will find more information at https://covid19.public.lu/en/travellers.html. Please note that you must show a negative covid test to enter Luxembourg as the NHS vaccination is not accepted.

Seems clear

JasonmCork View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonmCork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:07pm

I just got back from Luxembourg last night. 

Just Covid cert prior to boarding the flight and the same leaving. You can go by road and rail without any checks.
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 12:25am

Was in Luxembourg back in July travelled from Belgium on the Flixbus no border checks getting there and back. I'm sure it would be the same going from France. 
Let the Games begin ...
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 1:10am
Another option for anyone in smallish groups or on their tod is BlaBla Car, carsharing so splitting the petrol ect. Had a look by chance for tomorrow and 2 drivers going Eindhoven to Luxembourg, 3 hours or so and €15 to €22 quid one way
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Deco Deco wrote:

Was in Luxembourg back in July travelled from Belgium on the Flixbus no border checks getting there and back. I'm sure it would be the same going from France. 
I traveled by road through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Spain in July/August and not once was there any checks at any border. The Covid situation was worse then. I’d be amazed if there was anything at any borders now.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 8:06am
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Another option for anyone in smallish groups or on their tod is BlaBla Car, carsharing so splitting the petrol ect. Had a look by chance for tomorrow and 2 drivers going Eindhoven to Luxembourg, 3 hours or so and €15 to €22 quid one way

Wouldn't fancy been stuck driving a car sober for three hours with some of the lads on here
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Any word on this ? 
Clap

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Any word on this ? 
Clap

Been wondering about that myself - a week later and still no word of it actually happening. I thought it was meant to be up and running by now. I know I'll be applying for it first chance I get. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:20pm

Any word on this ? 
Clap

Been wondering about that myself - a week later and still no word of it actually happening. I thought it was meant to be up and running by now. I know I'll be applying for it first chance I get. 
Was suppose to be live end of last week. Still nothing.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:41am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Any word on this ? 
Clap

Was suppose to be live end of last week. Still nothing.

Was mentioned briefly in radio Ulster evening news - still testing apparently - I wouldn’t hold my breath tbh 
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 2:07pm
I see the Portal is open for Azerbaijan anyway... Whats a realistic amount we'd be in line for here given the size of the stadium?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 52>
  Share Topic