You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 52>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:01pm
the black stuff looks a good bar too but not very big .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:58pm
I'm on 6/9 away games. Should be enough to see me over the line. I would say thre's a lot of new applicants for this game who will get the dreaded email
Danger here, OH NO
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

HAs there been results of the ballot for successful applications been emailed out?

no,  no white smoke but it was oversubscribed though don't know how much or how many were duplicates

Good Man Newryrep... Almost Panicked there, Almost!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

HAs there been results of the ballot for successful applications been emailed out?

no,  no white smoke but it was oversubscribed though don't know how much or how many were duplicates
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

The Pyg looks tiny, judging from the photos online. Also in the opposite direction to the stadium. 

Weather looks like it will be similar to here. Cans at the Monument to Dicks anyone?

About half an hour to the stadium using public transport. Yeah pub is small enough. Plenty of room outside too. Anyway I'd imagine not everyone goes to the same pub. Good gang of us avoided the Irish bars all together in Baku and had a great time. Cork City played in Luxembourg a couple of seasons ago and all the lads that travelled said the lads that run the pyg were dead sound.
Is there a Tequila bar in Luxembourg?
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:12pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:47pm

The Pyg looks tiny, judging from the photos online. Also in the opposite direction to the stadium. 

Weather looks like it will be similar to here. Cans at the Monument to Dicks anyone?

About half an hour to the stadium using public transport. Yeah pub is small enough. Plenty of room outside too. Anyway I'd imagine not everyone goes to the same pub. Good gang of us avoided the Irish bars all together in Baku and had a great time. Cork City played in Luxembourg a couple of seasons ago and all the lads that travelled said the lads that run the pyg were dead sound.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:12pm

Edited by irish_goat - 04 Nov 2021 at 12:15pm
rossconnolly96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossconnolly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:10pm
Will all allocations be sent out at the same time or would it be gradual? Assuming at this stage i was unsuccesful so glad i got a home end ticket.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:08pm

Given it's 10 days away I'd assume we are looking at collection in Luxembourg. 

It's all digital tickets these days.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Anyone know of any decent pubs to congregate in? 

Also are we even allowed into the pubs, what's the craic with restrictions? 

Thanks 
The pyg will be the main spot I'd imagine. Not city centre but plenty of space outside if inside fills up. Also on a 24 hour bus route (remember transport is free). Think it's 1am closing. 
Staying in the Mercure off kirchberg myself about a fifteen minute walk on the flat or four minutes on the bus.

Finest. Sounds like a good few of us staying in this place.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:04pm
Given it's 10 days away I'd assume we are looking at collection in Luxembourg. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:55am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Was reading the thread in the NPF this morning. Great to see the ticket confirmations coming through for the seasoned ybiggers. Clap
NPF ?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, what's that now 

Non Public Forum.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:46am

Was reading the thread in the NPF this morning. Great to see the ticket confirmations coming through for the seasoned ybiggers. Clap
NPF ?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, what's that now 

Edited by wanderer - 04 Nov 2021 at 11:48am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:44am

I was delighted to get 2 extra for a mate at work. He's been saying for years he's wanted to go to an away game.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:39am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Anyone know of any decent pubs to congregate in? 

Also are we even allowed into the pubs, what's the craic with restrictions? 

Thanks 
The pyg will be the main spot I'd imagine. Not city centre but plenty of space outside if inside fills up. Also on a 24 hour bus route (remember transport is free). Think it's 1am closing. 
Staying in the Mercure off kirchberg myself about a fifteen minute walk on the flat or four minutes on the bus.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 04 Nov 2021 at 11:39am
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Any word on how many applications there was ?

Not sure but presume we'll hear in the next day or so about Applications anyway. I would imagine with the amount if rumoured home tickets bought that everyone is getting in. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 52>
  Share Topic