Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 106>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 12:40am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Bazanu seriously needs to work on his distribution. Has the makings of an excellent keeper but jesus he doesn't half take on some silly passes/throws

Jeeze I thought his distribution was excellent tonight. Very composed young fella. Granted I haven't watched back but I can't remember any of his restarts or distribution in general standing out in any negative way for me 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 12:44am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Bazanu seriously needs to work on his distribution. Has the makings of an excellent keeper but jesus he doesn't half take on some silly passes/throws

Jeeze I thought his distribution was excellent tonight. Very composed young fella. Granted I haven't watched back but I can't remember any of his restarts or distribution in general standing out in any negative way for me 

+1 this. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 1:00am
It's too slow for me. In particular the throws. Very slow and laboured. Needs more zip for quicker attacks. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 1:01am

It's too slow for me. In particular the throws. Very slow and laboured. Needs more zip for quicker attacks. 

Like the others i didnt see any issue with his distribution today man.
I love beer gardens
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 1:06am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Look its only a minor thing as I said I think he's an excellent keeper. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:53am
His variety of distribution was good last night; throws, short and long passing.

Also, made a big save with his left foot towards the end of the game too.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:48am
I think his distribution is fine. Not near as good as Kelleher's obviously, but the judgement there is presumably that the one playing regular games gets the jersey and I wouldn't argue with that based on what I've seen of Bazunu.
HANSSUP View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HANSSUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 10:22am
The kid is by far the best of the young keepers and will be our number 1 for many years. From what I have seen of Kelleher I am really not impressed at all, Bazunu is by far the better prospect and rightfully number 1.

Edited by HANSSUP - 05 Sep 2021 at 10:22am
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 11:39am
Originally posted by HANSSUP HANSSUP wrote:

The kid is by far the best of the young keepers and will be our number 1 for many years. From what I have seen of Kelleher I am really not impressed at all, Bazunu is by far the better prospect and rightfully number 1.

Based on what re Kelleher? Thought he’s been good any times he’s played for Liverpool and made one or two fine stops when introduced in Hungary.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

Based on what re Kelleher? Thought he’s been good any times he’s played for Liverpool and made one or two fine stops when introduced in Hungary.

Both have massive potential and will be fighting for the No1 jersey for Ireland for years which can only be a good thing.

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 2:31pm

Bit of a sweeping statement there and way to early to tell. Up until the recent games against Portugal and Azerbijan, in the other games that both have for Ireland recently I actually though Kelleher actually edged it. Bazunu probably only gets the nod because he is playing each week and Kelleher is not ... right now there isn't much in them at all. Both will be very good keepers and its really too hard to predict right now which one will be No. 1 on the team sheet. Will be years before we see the full potential of either of them. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:04pm
Due a clean sheet. Hopefully we see that on Tuesday.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:58pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Look its only a minor thing as I said I think he's an excellent keeper. 

Your head is up your @rse if you're questioning his distribution. This lad is potentially going to be one of the best goalies in the world.

If Kelleher has similar aspirations, he'd want to be going out on loan to get regular  first team football regardless of the level 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Fairly sure Bazunu was signed by city on the basis that his distribution is top class. He's actually too comfortable with the ball at his feet and can get us into trouble as the players receiving possession are not as confident.
Clsmooth View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clsmooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 9:03pm
This guy is the real deal
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:15pm
Our best goalie since Shay Given and still only 19
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:38pm
A massive performance from the young man tonight. It was great for him to have a night like that in front of the fans. Really think Gav could go to the top. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:26am
Has there been a single game where he hasn't made a couple of daft mistakes?

He's a great talent and hopefully he irons these kinks out of his game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 106>
  Share Topic