Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 107>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

true too. I’d be in the same category, I wish Ireland well but can’t really care all that much. It’s bohs 1 and Ireland if there’s no loi football on. And yes I travelled Europe long before jack and the ole ole boys arrived.
It was the blind ignorance of a majority of fans of the international team to the damage being inflicted on our Irish football by Delaney and his gang of fools. Monaghan Utd anyone? f**k that let’s buy the “lads” a few beers and ignore them.
Never forgiven them, and the international players who just went along with Delaney, you know who they are as well as me.

What does Delaney have to do with supporting your country? Delaney was a corrupt administrator, the Ireland team represents your nation.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 6:00pm

true too. I’d be in the same category, I wish Ireland well but can’t really care all that much. It’s bohs 1 and Ireland if there’s no loi football on. And yes I travelled Europe long before jack and the ole ole boys arrived.
It was the blind ignorance of a majority of fans of the international team to the damage being inflicted on our Irish football by Delaney and his gang of fools. Monaghan Utd anyone? f**k that let’s buy the “lads” a few beers and ignore them.
Never forgiven them, and the international players who just went along with Delaney, you know who they are as well as me.

Don't really buy this to be honest. The players just seem to get on with playing and not involve themselves in the politics of the FAI especially when most are playing in the UK.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Don't really buy this to be honest. The players just seem to get on with playing and not involve themselves in the politics of the FAI especially when most are playing in the UK.

I think he's on about the likes of Houghton having a singsong in Moscow with the dear leader.

Edited by dangere_here - 27 Feb 2023 at 6:44pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 7:56pm
An ex player doing whatever is hardly a reason to stop supporting the team. I've heard numerous reasons down the years for people giving up on the team. No longer being able to get tickets (early 1990's) was sometimes thrown out, along with issues with the style of football. Then in later years Delaney was given as the reason.

Not that people have to justify themselves to me but the one reason I heard that made sense (to me at least) was that because of the number of non Irish born players that clearly viewed us as second choice, they felt that the team did not represent them anymore. I personally wouldn't go as far as to stop supporting the team over it but I can see the logic.

I suppose the crux of the point I'm making is that the vast majority of people that stop supporting the team do so because of reasons that have nothing to do with the 11 players on the pitch. It's Delaney, tickets, LOI, style of play (dictated by the manager not the players). There are of course those that aren't arsed anymore. I think a lot of those hide behind the reasons above.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

An ex player doing whatever is hardly a reason to stop supporting the team.

Especially when the club you support employed a rapist for two and half seasons.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Especially when the club you support employed a rapist for two and half seasons.

Do you mean specifically me? Remind me again who that player is.....
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:25pm

Sorry wasn't aimed at you, and Ismahil Akinade.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:35pm
if you cared to research that one, you’d find a lot of posts from yours truly opposed to us signing that f**ker.
But I suppose I should say I was a fervent follower of our national team, up until I would say the 94  qualifiers, got a bit fed up with the ole ole brigade who’d attached themselves and all the bullsh*t around games , tv reports about the gobsh*tes in the pubs, and stories about fans.!
Anyway I just find the football and fellow fans in local football way more palatable tbh.
Each to his own I guess although I will admit to liking Kenny’s and his teams approach.
No Pasaran!
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:38pm
Poor Baz caught in the crossfire of all this garbage
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 8:40pm

Sorry wasn't aimed at you, and Ismahil Akinade.

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 11:57pm

I can't accept anyone stop supporting Ireland, whatever about the FAI. The memories run too deep. That said, compare the honest grafters of old with the prima donna panzies of today, with their smartphones and earbuds but no will to get their nicks dirty less they crumple their hairdo.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:29pm
A rare clean sheet for Bazunu. Not going to lie though, he was shaky tonight.

Premier League relegation battle is looking really interesting now though, could be any three from eight really.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A rare clean sheet for Bazunu. Not going to lie though, he was shaky tonight.

Premier League relegation battle is looking really interesting now though, could be any three from eight really.

You could say that again, extremely lucky there tonight.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:18pm
I get he’s short of confidence etc but no excuse for the carry on at the end there. Wants a kick up the backside for it. Could have cost his team dearly. 

The misplaced pass that went to Iheanacho anyone could have done that. No excuse for the carry on at the end throwing himself at the ball twice and he in no position to get to it either time. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:03pm
Yeah he was very iffy tonight, I know he has made errors in other games but that was the first time watching him thinking he looked a bit of a liability. But it will go down as a clean sheet and a good win for Southampton so hopefully it will be forgotten about quickly.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:16pm
Whiff of I preferred arcade fire when nobody knew them from oldbillys posts on here. 
AKA pedantic kunt
cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 10:51pm
Bazunu is simply not up to premier league level, was woeful for a clearance that they should have scored from.  Also completely misjudged a cross at the end and they miss an open goal.  In a team near the bottom a keeper should be making plenty of saves, but you rarely see that with Bazunu which is really worrying for his long-term development.

Edited by cwh2018 - 04 Mar 2023 at 10:51pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 2:27pm
Haven't seen much of Southampton this season but have them on here v Man United. Bazunu has made a few saves and 23 mins in. Two of them involved Bazunu having to take a risky enough run off his line due to defenders caught high or napping. His season has been divisive but I can see how he is conceding goals with this defence and the need to be focused absolutely all the time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 107>
  Share Topic