You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 106>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 8:01pm
Bazunu is struggling this season. I have said already I think he might have in hindsight made the jump a year too soon. 

If anyone want context as to how soon Bazunu has made the jump into the top League in world football have a look where Kepa,Alisson,Ederson,Mendy,Fabianski,Pickford,Ramsdale,
Raya,Martinez,Sanchez,Pope,Henderson etc all were at 20/21 years old in their equivalent seasons compared to how quickly Bazunu has progressed. 

I think we can all agree in the main most the above mentioned are proper keepers Champions League calibre keepers. My hope is Bazunu just finishes out the season as getting dropped will knock his confidence even more. Marsch like Hassenhuttl would be the sort of manager that will put faith in Bazunu. 

Edited by kevin100 - 13 Feb 2023 at 8:03pm
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Bazunu is struggling this season. I have said already I think he might have in hindsight made the jump a year too soon

If anyone want context as to how soon Bazunu has made the jump into the top League in world football have a look where Kepa,Alisson,Ederson,Mendy,Fabianski,Pickford,Ramsdale,
Raya,Martinez,Sanchez,Pope,Henderson etc all were at 20/21 years old in their equivalent seasons compared to how quickly Bazunu has progressed. 

I think we can all agree in the main most the above mentioned are proper keepers Champions League calibre keepers. My hope is Bazunu just finishes out the season as getting dropped will knock his confidence even more. Marsch like Hassenhuttl would be the sort of manager that will put faith in Bazunu. 

I'm not so sure. It's undoubtedly been a learning curve for him but he will be all the better for it in the medium/long term. Likelihood is he'll be a Championship goalkeeper for a year next season, which will be no harm to his development 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 9:56am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

It's a Chelsea fan with a podcast and writes online articles that has thrown out the rumour.

Probably only coming up because the head of academy recruitment that left City last summer to join Southampton as head of senior recruitment started working with Chelsea back in October. Explains why Southampton paid a lot of money for academy players this summer.
That's good enough for that god awful tracker page.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Chelsea were about to bid for him on deadline day but then Antonio Conte rang Graham Potter and told him to avoid Irish players.
LOLLOL
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

It's a Chelsea fan with a podcast and writes online articles that has thrown out the rumour.

Probably only coming up because the head of academy recruitment that left City last summer to join Southampton as head of senior recruitment started working with Chelsea back in October. Explains why Southampton paid a lot of money for academy players this summer.

As far as rumours go it's a very easy one for anyone to throw out too. What he said was "Southampton goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu has become a popular choice in the Chelsea recruitment team, my sources tell me."

Like I would expect Bazunu to be popular as the lad who signed him for Southampton and worked with him at City's academy is now co-director of recruitment and talent.

And I blocked that tracker page as they talk some amount of sh*te. People think Kenny's Kids is bad but wouldn't surprise me if the lads now doing the tracker page also do the Irish Propaganda Twitter page.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 10:34am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Bazunu is struggling this season. I have said already I think he might have in hindsight made the jump a year too soon

I'm not so sure. It's undoubtedly been a learning curve for him but he will be all the better for it in the medium/long term. Likelihood is he'll be a Championship goalkeeper for a year next season, which will be no harm to his development 
It'll benefit him long-term so long as his confidence isn't badly damaged. Also have to hope that he hasn't taken a reputational knock. Before this season he was considered one of the hottest goalkeeping prospects in England and now there's probably a question mark or two over him. He needs to be superb next year.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 11:27am

As far as rumours go it's a very easy one for anyone to throw out too. What he said was "Southampton goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu has become a popular choice in the Chelsea recruitment team, my sources tell me."

Like I would expect Bazunu to be popular as the lad who signed him for Southampton and worked with him at City's academy is now co-director of recruitment and talent.

And I blocked that tracker page as they talk some amount of sh*te. People think Kenny's Kids is bad but wouldn't surprise me if the lads now doing the tracker page also do the Irish Propaganda Twitter page.

I did some checking, and found this entry on Philips'(the podcaster) substack account, which appears to be the source of the rumour: https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-chelsea-eyeing-saints-stopper

I thought it sounded familiar, so I searched the archive on the substack account, and found that Phillips also reported Chelsea's interest in Bazunu in October.
https://siphillipstalkschelsea.substack.com/p/sources-lukaku-bazunu-and-mckennie/

So, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 14 Feb 2023 at 2:10pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 11:48am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

It'll benefit him long-term so long as his confidence isn't badly damaged. Also have to hope that he hasn't taken a reputational knock. Before this season he was considered one of the hottest goalkeeping prospects in England and now there's probably a question mark or two over him. He needs to be superb next year.

The latter is what’s making me say it’s important he can just finish out the season as No.1 for them and I’m hoping Marsch will allow that he won’t be shy in trusting him as opposed to Nathan Jones who I feel was falling over himself to drop Bazunu initially.  
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 11:48am
There’s few other u21 gks with anywhere near the experience he has under his belt. With right mentality and attitude - which isn’t a question seemingly, he can be one of the best in the world in 5+ years or so.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 11:48am
The scout involved in bringing Bazunu to Man City apparently now works for Chelsea, so that is presumably the origin.

Not a reader of this forum evidently, so he's yet to realise Bazunu is finished.
We're decent enough..
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 11:52am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The scout involved in bringing Bazunu to Man City apparently now works for Chelsea, so that is presumably the origin.

Not a reader of this forum evidently, so he's yet to realise Bazunu is finished.

Are you about 12 or something? You talk about and defend Irish players as if you're talking about your favourite superheroes.

Not one, literally one, said Bazunu is finished. Grow the f*ck up.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 14 Feb 2023 at 11:52am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 11:55am
Just to add also Bazunu is doing plenty right. Looking at the “modern keeper” stats he figures quite prominently. 

2nd in progressive passes and overall passes completed to Raya who is being held up as the progressive keeper to get for the top clubs this summer.
3rd in total clearances of any goalkeeper.
3rd in high claims taken of any goalkeeper 
4th in cleared punches of any goalkeeper.  

He is apparently also 5th in Europes Top 5 Leagues for crosses stopped (haven’t looked it up myself) from a solid twitter account. 

The lad is doing plenty right too for all the shot stopping stat is being focused on.

Edited by kevin100 - 14 Feb 2023 at 12:02pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Are you about 12 or something? You talk about and defend Irish players as if you're talking about your favourite superheroes.

What are you talking about? He's the worst keeper in the league, maybe one of the worst in recent memory. He'll be back in the LOI in a couple of years Big smile
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 12:21pm

What are you talking about? He's the worst keeper in the league, maybe one of the worst in recent memory. He'll be back in the LOI in a couple of years Big smile

Alright wee man, time for a nap.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 12:26pm

Alright wee man, time for a nap.

From what I've read, Bazunu will likely be back playing reserve football by the time I wake up Clap
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 12:32pm

Them Irish Football Blog & Irish Propaganda pages must be run by bunch of young lads. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 12:33pm

Just to add also Bazunu is doing plenty right. Looking at the “modern keeper” stats he figures quite prominently. 

2nd in progressive passes and overall passes completed to Raya who is being held up as the progressive keeper to get for the top clubs this summer.
3rd in total clearances of any goalkeeper.
3rd in high claims taken of any goalkeeper 
4th in cleared punches of any goalkeeper.  

He is apparently also 5th in Europes Top 5 Leagues for crosses stopped (haven’t looked it up myself) from a solid twitter account. 

The lad is doing plenty right too for all the shot stopping stat is being focused on.

So these stats have changed your opinion, stated a few posts ago, that Bazunu has struggled and would have been better served by staying longer in the Championship? 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 12:45pm

Them Irish Football Blog & Irish Propaganda pages must be run by bunch of young lads. 

Irish Football Blog are the lads who took over the tracker page and think they'd be around 19/20 I'd say.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 106>
  Share Topic