You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 107>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Manager is surely a goner.

When you consider the appointments Villa and Wolves made around the same time you gotta shake your head and think wtf were they doing appointing Nathan Jones.

If that appointment is made in the summer after relegation fair enough cause I think Jones could be a decent coach but Southampton look like a team that couldn't give two f**ks since March 2022.

They've actually invested in some very promising young players over the past few windows. But they needed to balance that out with a more experienced manager and a few good senior pros. Romeu is missed.

They showed some promise in The League Cup under Nathan Jones. They deserved to beat City, and they had Newcastle on the ropes for large spells in the 2nd leg.

But their league form... horrendous.

They never replaced Danny Ings' goals.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He doesn't come across as the brightest lad, does Shay. Doesn't understand how VAR works anyway.

Sure i wouldnt know, i'm from Donegal

LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 11:35am
On to his 3rd manager of the season!
Idah Dream!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 9:46am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Could do nothing about either goal conceded. Shambolic defending from Southampton for both, the first goal especially.

Short of falling over the ball he was only short of booting it into his own net. First I've watched of Southampton for a long time and they are terrible. Wolves with 9 men probably still would have won.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 11:33am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Could do nothing about either goal conceded. Shambolic defending from Southampton for both, the first goal especially.

Short of falling over the ball he was only short of booting it into his own net. First I've watched of Southampton for a long time and they are terrible. Wolves with 9 men probably still would have won.

What was strange was the 2nd half up to 60 minutes it looked like Southampton were well on top. Then they just conceded all territory and everything was panicky/million miles an hour stuff. 

Bednarek basically booted the ball into his own net but that’s what happens when everything is a million miles an hour with no structure arms and legs go flying everywhere your brain doesn’t engage. 

Jones had to go after it. Who they get in now is another matter
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

What was strange was the 2nd half up to 60 minutes it looked like Southampton were well on top. Then they just conceded all territory and everything was panicky/million miles an hour stuff. 

Bednarek basically booted the ball into his own net but that’s what happens when everything is a million miles an hour with no structure arms and legs go flying everywhere your brain doesn’t engage. 

Jones had to go after it. Who they get in now is another matter

Jesse Marsch is being linked. That would be another bad appointment.

His reputation has tanked after his last two jobs. Sacked from RB Leipzig and Leeds over the past 16 months.

I'd go for Rafa Benítez on a short term deal if he's open to it.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 1:09pm
If they're stupid enough to appoint Jesse Marsch then they deserve relegation and a few years in the championship.

Short term appointment could be the best thing for them and a plan B for the long term when relegation happens.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 1:51pm
Sounds like an ideal job for Big Mick if Blackpool give him the heave ho
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Sounds like an ideal job for Big Mick if Blackpool give him the heave ho

Mick is lucky to have the Blackpool job. He's never really cut it as a PL manager.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 5:30pm
Linked with a 300m move to Chelsea to replace Mendy.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Smile I'm assuming that's meant to be £30mn although who know with Boehly?

What is clear is that Chelsea are trying to buy up all the top young talent from across the continent and Bazunu certainly remains a top quality prospect even if things havent worked out as well as we all hoped this season. I'd assume it's all paper talk in any case, but it would be interesting to see if Citeh let him go to Chelsea given they will have first option.

Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 5:48pm
It's a Chelsea fan with a podcast and writes online articles that has thrown out the rumour.

Probably only coming up because the head of academy recruitment that left City last summer to join Southampton as head of senior recruitment started working with Chelsea back in October. Explains why Southampton paid a lot of money for academy players this summer.

Edited by J89 - 13 Feb 2023 at 5:52pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 6:36pm

Are we sure it's not Crawley he's being linked with? The experts on here have assured us he's way off Premier League standard.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Are we sure it's not Crawley he's being linked with? The experts on here have assured us he's way off Premier League standard.

I'm a fan of bazunu and think he will become an excellent keeper in time, but tbf to his critics on here, his stats this season dont make for great reading, no point pretending otherwise.

Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I'm a fan of bazunu and think he will become an excellent keeper in time, but tbf to his critics on here, his stats this season dont make for great reading, no point pretending otherwise.

His stats for the season can only be viewed in the context of 

1) Being the youngest starting keeper in the league by a distance (and indeed, one of the youngest ever).

2) Playing in a very poor team with a woefully porous defense.

These are clearly consequential factors that any scout for a big side would be taking into consideration.

Edited by The O'Shea - 13 Feb 2023 at 7:22pm
We're decent enough..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 7:26pm
Chelsea were about to bid for him on deadline day but then Antonio Conte rang Graham Potter and told him to avoid Irish players.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 7:29pm

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

His stats for the season can only be viewed in the context of 

1) Being the youngest starting keeper in the league by a distance (and indeed, one of the youngest ever).

2) Playing in a very poor team with a woefully porous defense.

These are clearly consequential factors that any scout for a big side would be taking into consideration.

No doubt both of those points are true, but I think its fair to say that he hasnt exactly stood out either and his stats reflect that. The particular stats above try to take into account quality of strike, expectation of saving it etc. so it's not just keepers in poor teams simply being rated poorly cos their team concedes goals. These are more sophisticated metrics designed to rate a keepers ability and he is not performing well.
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Chelsea were about to bid for him on deadline day but then Antonio Conte rang Graham Potter and told him to avoid Irish players.

I heard this too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 107>
  Share Topic