You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 107>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 11:25pm
Was solid tonight, safe hands 
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Was solid tonight, safe hands 

Gavin Bazunu - 7

Held onto an early shot from Raheem Sterling well. Could do little to stop the England international finding the back of the net for the opener after he was free to shoot from close range.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 30 Aug 2022 at 11:29pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

I said nothing about being over the moon, or howling at it either. 

I said he started his first game in the big leagues, by conceding 4 goals and having his side instantly bottom of the league. I'm not interested in whether they were all his fault or not, I'm just stating the facts. I also note that in just one game at that level, he's conceded more goals than Kelleher has in all of his EPL appearances to date. 

City obviously knew whether he was capable of the step up at this time of his career. Everyone else will know soon. 

this, predictably, is aging like milk. ironically, since this post -with kelleher injured for awhile (and thus preventing any possible loan move) + travers getting dropped for bournemouth, bazunu's grip on the no1 shirt is arguably stronger than ever
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 6:15pm
planning is obsessed but we all know Baz is the pick of the lot. He'll be going to the very top!

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 02 Sep 2022 at 6:16pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 7:00pm
Organized sport allows us to indulge in all sort of harmless loyalties / hostilities.
As strident as Planning is about targeting Bazunu with his barbs, at least he's direct, he's not sneaky, and it adds a bit of fun to the forum.

"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

this, predictably, is aging like milk. ironically, since this post -with kelleher injured for awhile (and thus preventing any possible loan move) + travers getting dropped for bournemouth, bazunu's grip on the no1 shirt is arguably stronger than ever

To be fair to planning, he only deals in facts. Gavin Bazunu started more premier league games in August than Kelleher has in 2 years.

Glad to see Southampton shoring up their defence with some of the signings and they have a few handy games this month

Edited by counterlock - 02 Sep 2022 at 9:00pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Organized sport allows us to indulge in all sort of harmless loyalties / hostilities.
As strident as Planning is about targeting Bazunu with his barbs, at least he's direct, he's not sneaky, and it adds a bit of fun to the forum.

There has been racial undertones to some of the sh*te he's spouted on here. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 3:11am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

There has been racial undertones to some of the sh*te he's spouted on here. 

As idiotic as the stuff is that Planning has posted on here with regard to Bazunu and Kelleher, it certainly hasn't been racially motivated. His comments on this issue have been those of either a WUM or an imbecile, but not a racist.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:31pm
I root for the lad but hope he has a horrible game today.... I can't expect anything close to that unfortunately. LOLCry
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 4:57pm
Thought he went to ground a bit early for the Wolves goal today, it was dinked over him into the centre of the goal. Solid besides without any standout moments, we're not getting as many of the Bazunu wonder saves so far in the Premier League, though he does obviously have a better defence in front of him.

Collins very solid in the same game and a clean sheet for him.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:01pm
Watched the second half he’s brilliant off his line! Proper sweeper keeper! Took a gamble for the goal he’ll be disappointed no doubt.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:01pm
He certainly wasn't happy with conceding that goal - thumped the ground! Always better to see that than a slump of the shoulders reaction.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:17pm
He had a good game I thought had to be very decisive and cut out our attacks from in behind very well. Southampton fans chanted him quite a lot.

I'm unsure about the goal I'll have to watch it back. He probably didn't know what it was going to do but then I'm not sure Danny Podence did either looked like a scuffed cross to me.... not complaining though. TongueLOL
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 9:12pm
Poor for Villa's goal I thought. Push it over the bar. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Poor for Villa's goal I thought. Push it over the bar. 
I've always felt that, while being superb for us, he's partial to the occasional camera save. That should have been pushed over the bar easily but instead he's gone for something unnecessarily acrobatic.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 9:39pm
Wasn't far off hitting it into the air and straight down into his own net, which would have looked even worse. He'll be disappointed with that one definitely.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 9:58pm
yes could have done better 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 10:35pm
It was just unfortunate. On a different day, it goes out for a corner.

He's doing well overall. His long range goal kicks are quite accurate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 107>
  Share Topic