Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 103>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 6:49pm
In fairness, I think there is only one choice at this stage. Bazunu has played over 30 times this year, and is coming up against a lot of good sides, with a ropey defence. It would be bizarre to have him play second fiddle to Kelleher, at this stage. I dont think Kelleher has to play much, and he is a good keeper, but when it comes down to it, Bazunu is still clocking up milestones and minutes this year.
Sponsored Links

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 8:53pm
Ohhhhh Gavin Bazunu.
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 9:03am
What a machine. This isnt the first time united have been kept at bay by MOTM winning Irish keepers. He scored a point for them yesterday.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 10:45am
Great performance

Did well for the one were he rushed out on Rashford making sure he didn't make contact
Shameful dive from Rashford also

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:09am
great performance from the Irishman between the sticks but f**k me that Southampton defence, they just go to sleep, he saved their arses yesterday
No Pasaran!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Great performance

Did well for the one were he rushed out on Rashford making sure he didn't make contact

It wasn’t a dive. There was slight contact but 50/50 as to how was at fault for the contact being made. It wasn’t a penalty either. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:19am
Delighted, tbh I had a few concerns about his confidence given recent displays, but this should really set him up nicely for the France game
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:20am
Have said as much on the Kelleher thread but plenty clubs will potentially be looking for a new keeper certainly of the next 2/3 summers and possibly this summer. 

Kelleher an obvious candidate for them and if Bazunu can play well for the rest of the season he will be as well. Ramsdale and Pickford proof that if a young keeper can prove himself competent in the League they will be in high demand. Bazunu is younger now then either of those boys were.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:21am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Great performance

It wasn’t a dive. There was slight contact but 50/50 as to how was at fault for the contact being made. It wasn’t a penalty either. 

It was as clear a dive as you'll see now wise up. 

He actually ran on step before clearly tripping himself up very awkwardly

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:39am

It was as clear a dive as you'll see now wise up. 

He actually ran on step before clearly tripping himself up very awkwardly

It looked like that from all angles bar one that showed Bazunu's knee clip Rachford's foot and have him kick himself.
Whether he amplified the dive or not, there was contact, albeit it minimal.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 4:26pm
Thought he played well today, commanded his area really well, but unfortunately another loss for Southampton and against a relegation rival.

Not looking great for them staying up currently. Southampton have some really good players for a team bottom of the table. I'd say if you put them in Serie A they'd be top half. 

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 Apr 2023 at 4:27pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Thought he played well today, commanded his area really well, but unfortunately another loss for Southampton and against a relegation rival.

Not looking great for them staying up currently. Southampton have some really good players for a team bottom of the table. I'd say if you put them in Serie A they'd be top half. 

What good outfield players do they have? Ward Prowse the only one with any real quality. They have a very poor squad in fact. The reason they are where they are. The rest are average or below 
I love beer gardens
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What good outfield players do they have? Ward Prowse the only one with any real quality. They have a very poor squad in fact. The reason they are where they are. The rest are average or below 
Walker-Peters and Lavia are good players also, but their central defence is a problem, Bednarek in particular is a bombscare!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 4:51pm
That Southampton team would stay up most years. Fulham having a flyer off the back of promotion, Forest spending stupid amounts of money and Bournemouth hanging in there doggedly to be fair to them has made this a really tough season down the bottom of the league.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 5:00pm
You could see towards the end of last season this was a Southampton that looked desperate and had no fight in them. No surprise whatsoever to see them in this position.

Even if Fulham and others were poorer this season then Southampton would still likely be bottom.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 5:01pm
He was very very good today. Seems to have got a bit of confidence back. Has 9 more games now to try and keep that level of performance up and he will finish on a high note. 

His distribution was exceptional was very sharp to pounce on any ball that came his way even when his defenders were the opposite had numerous clearances,good saves. He is already right up there with the best in the League when looking at the “modern goalkeeper” type stats this season. 

Definitely can improve in other aspects but he is still a kid so much time to improve on that. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 5:05pm

I definitely wouldn’t go that far about top half Serie A. They have some very promising young players alright and even senior players like Adam’s and Armstrong who will be a bit happier dropping down a level to the Championship. 

With a competent manager they should come back up. they aren’t as bad as Norwich or Watford last year for example. 

Edited by kevin100 - 02 Apr 2023 at 5:06pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Walker-Peters and Lavia are good players also, but their central defence is a problem, Bednarek in particular is a bombscare!

Lavia is different class to the whole team and will be top 5 in his position within a few years
Kotchap is very good. Pieters, Livramento although he got a rotten injury. Sulemana signing shows how crazy the prems advantage is. He is a lovely player too but not really gonna show it from Jan on this deep in a relegation scrap.

I don't actually rate Ward Prowse at all. Remove his set pieces and he is not great in the midfield at this level.

Southampton's narrow high pressing formation was completely found out in top level football in general over the last 2 years. Even Red Bull the teams synonymous with it have moved away from it.

They bought some very good young players but they make mistakes and their tactics have put them under water. I would still be happy for Leeds to raid them if they go down and we stay up. To say they have no good players is mental. Every team in the league has good players.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 103>
  Share Topic