You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 103>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 10:10am
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 10:18am
What is the expected goals on target matrix?

It is also a lot easier to make a save if shot is from distance or under pressure versus players having a clear chance on goal (that the worse defences Will give up more of). You could probably put Alisson in goal for Southampton this season and he would be near the bottom 

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Jan 2023 at 10:20am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 10:25am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It is also a lot easier to make a save if shot is from distance or under pressure versus players having a clear chance on goal (that the worse defences Will give up more of). You could probably put Alisson in goal for Southampton this season and he would be near the bottom 

XG literally is a reflection of this. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 10:25am

xGOT is basically the likelihood of any given shot on target ending up as a goal based on where the shot was taken from but also where in the goalmouth the shot ended up.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 10:56am

Disagree, any of the top 5 in that list would have significantly better stats than Gavin. Dean Henderson has conceded only 3 less goals than him and is a lot better stats wise. It’s about time we admit Bazunu is having a bad season and his confidence is rocky at best. Hopefully it’s just a one-off and next season he can show his talent that we all know he has 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 11:39am
Think the move to the PL might have come a year too soon for Bazunu. Might have got a bit of luck McCarthy has been injured!! 

He’s still incredibly young for a keeper! Anyone want context go look up where all the current PL first choice keepers were playing the season they were ages 20/21 which Bazunu is currently! Any of the current English keepers were operating in League 1 or 2 at best even Ramsdale was playing on loan with Chesterfield. (Raya and Sanchez included in this also). All 3 of them still young for keepers and proper goalkeepers now. 

From goalkeeper stats on the PL website a few weeks back he figures 4th in punches, 3rd in high claims, 2nd in passes as well! All hipster nonsense I know but it does show he’s doing plenty stuff okay too and more importantly is already showing good traits top teams now crave in the “modern” goalkeeper! The save thing will hopefully perk up with experience! 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Disagree, any of the top 5 in that list would have significantly better stats than Gavin. Dean Henderson has conceded only 3 less goals than him and is a lot better stats wise. It’s about time we admit Bazunu is having a bad season and his confidence is rocky at best. Hopefully it’s just a one-off and next season he can show his talent that we all know he has 
Racist!
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Racist!

LOLLOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 4:14am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Think the move to the PL might have come a year too soon for Bazunu. Might have got a bit of luck McCarthy has been injured!!

You can look at that 2 ways. Yes, he may have been better off with a season in the Championship, less spotlight on him but exposure to a competitive league. But we’ll only know if that’s valid or not at the end of the season.

But Travers was the best keeper there last year and is having a worse season than Bazunu. We analyze every little detail about Bazunu’s performances because he’s our no.1, so every mistake will be highlighted.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to that graphic, Kepa is one of the top keepers based on it. 

One thing I think Bazunu needs to work on is the movement of his feet before making saves. Relies far too much on his athleticism and spring rather than moving his feet a few steps before diving.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 7:56am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

You can look at that 2 ways. Yes, he may have been better off with a season in the Championship, less spotlight on him but exposure to a competitive league. But we’ll only know if that’s valid or not at the end of the season.

But Travers was the best keeper there last year and is having a worse season than Bazunu. We analyze every little detail about Bazunu’s performances because he’s our no.1, so every mistake will be highlighted.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to that graphic, Kepa is one of the top keepers based on it. 

One thing I think Bazunu needs to work on is the movement of his feet before making saves. Relies far too much on his athleticism and spring rather than moving his feet a few steps before diving.

Kepa has been one of the better keepers in the league this year. I’ve been critical of him in the past but he’s definitely come on in leaps and bounds this season. Chelsea would be lower again if Mendy was in the nets 
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:23pm
do u actually watch any Chelsea games or do u just look at stats? Kepa at fault for every second goal I see them concede, not sure he even makes saves.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 12:09am
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

do u actually watch any Chelsea games or do u just look at stats? Kepa at fault for every second goal I see them concede, not sure he even makes saves.

I do watch them yeah, nothing to do with the stats. They just back up my own opinion on the lad. As I said, highly critical of him in past seasons but can’t fault him so far this year. He has conceded just 9 goals this season so he’s been at fault for 4 you reckon? Could have done a lot better for 2 goals to the best of my recollection, but I’m all ears if you want to name other instances. The Chelsea defence aren’t exactly rock solid with both first choice full backs missing a clatter of games and Koulibaly has looked dodgy at best. He is third in save % so I’m not sure about you thinking he doesn’t make saves Confused

Edited by Greener92 - 21 Jan 2023 at 12:11am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 12:32am
He was at fault for the Mahrez goal a few weeks back and was terrible again for the Fulham winner last week.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 7:11am
oh no a keeper is at fault for 2 goals so the numbers have to be wrong
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 10:13am
Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

oh no a keeper is at fault for 2 goals so the numbers have to be wrong

LOLLOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 6:46pm
Myself and The Bronze over for the game today, had one dodgy moment, and possibly should've done better for the goal, otherwise nothing to do.

Fans seem fairly divided on him. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 6:49pm
Watched the game! Could definitely argue he should have done better for the goal! 

Nathan Jones agrees anyways basically calling him out here! 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 6:53pm
That definitely sounds like Jones wants to replace him. Not least because it's wrong - he made a good stop in the first half, as well as a few other straightforward ones. However, he also had one terrible kick from a backpass that could easily have lead to a goal being conceded, but they got away with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 103>
  Share Topic