You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 103>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 2:09pm
Bazunu had a good game.

I wouldn't put the Firmino goal down as a clear and obvious error, but he could have done better. It's a clever header. He does need to analyse goals like that and work on his footwork with his GK coaches.

Some very good saves after that.

Alisson played well for them. He also could have done better for the Adams goal. He came off his line and never got near the ball. So even the best can get caught out from time to time.
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 4:29am
Had very little chance with the 2nd and 3rd goal, close range finishes. Will be disappointed with the 1st as he seems to overcompensate and then can't get across quick enough.

Southampton's defence is a shambles and needs to be the main focus for the new manager ahead of anything else.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 11:13am
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 8:33am
Made a good save last night, not much chance for either goal but I thought some of his kicking was poor.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 8:52am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Made a good save last night, not much chance for either goal but I thought some of his kicking was poor.

Looks far from the confident young lad who burst on the scene 2 years ago. Not overly concerned at this point in time, but I no longer think it's a question of "when", it's now a question of "if". A tricky spell for the youngster, hopefully he has the character and ability to get through it - I'd still have faith in him, but that faith is wobbling a little.

Edited by John Nice - 18 Nov 2022 at 8:53am
Idah Dream!
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:02am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Looks far from the confident young lad who burst on the scene 2 years ago. Not overly concerned at this point in time, but I no longer think it's a question of "when", it's now a question of "if". A tricky spell for the youngster, hopefully he has the character and ability to get through it - I'd still have faith in him, but that faith is wobbling a little.

Agree - I guess getting well beaten most weeks at club level would damage your confidence alright. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:11am
I wouldn't mind seeing Kelleher get the full game vs Malta. Bazunu seems to be lacking in a bit of confidence. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:17am
His kicking was poor in the 1st half. He settled down after HT.

One good save and a good low claim after leaving his line to sweep up the danger.

His passing accuracy was 74% overall. 6 out of 13 long balls completed.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:30am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Kelleher get the full game vs Malta. Bazunu seems to be lacking in a bit of confidence. 
Agree Kelleher deserves a run
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 9:53am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I like Kelleher and don't think he's miles off Bazunu but he deserves a run based on what? At least Travers is playing quite regularly. Bazunu did look shaky in the first half and I think a potential clean sheet against Malta would be good for him. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

I like Kelleher and don't think he's miles off Bazunu but he deserves a run based on what? At least Travers is playing quite regularly. Bazunu did look shaky in the first half and I think a potential clean sheet against Malta would be good for him. 
It’s not a case of dropping Bazunu, these are friendlies and he’s a very good young goalkeeper and it’s exactly these sort of fixtures that he should be given game time. I think Kelleher is a superior keeper to Travers even if he’s on the bench 99% of the time. 

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Nov 2022 at 10:17am
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:18am

Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

It’s not a case of dropping Bazunu, these are friendlies and he’s a very good young goalkeeper and it’s exactly these sort of fixtures that he should be given game time. I think Kelleher is a superior keeper to Travers even if he’s on the bench 99% of the time. 

I don't disagree about him looking better than Travers tbf
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 10:36am
Thought he had a overall decent game, what annoyed me was some of the centre backs passing it back to him when a pass into midfield was available.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 5:15pm
I keep hearing he “lacks confidence”. How are people measuring that? It’s such a lazy nonsense comment. His performances reflect his ability, v little else. This is his current level. He’s not make massive errors, possibly a little leaden footed at times. Enough to drop him? I don’t think so.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

I keep hearing he “lacks confidence”. How are people measuring that? It’s such a lazy nonsense comment. His performances reflect his ability, v little else. This is his current level. He’s not make massive errors, possibly a little leaden footed at times. Enough to drop him? I don’t think so.

Based on that he looks a bit more nervous and making mistakes. 

If it it was a qualifier next game then I would say no he keeps his place but this is a second friendly against a lower side and we should be rewarding Kelleher who has looking good when playing for us too and is not far behind
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:15pm
This is very poor from Gav Confused

Edited by SeaSharp - 20 Dec 2022 at 8:17pm
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:17pm
Bad error for Lincoln’s opener there 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:23pm
Yah no excusing that. Confidence must be shot and could probably do with being benched tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 103>
  Share Topic