Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 103>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:49am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Just throwing it out there - I think its fair to say that thus far, the move hasnt worked out great for Gavin and with Mc Carthy's heroics last night, he could come under pressure for his first team spot.

'I hate to say it, but the numbers aren’t going to help Gavin Bazunu' (the42.ie)

“He’s in the top five for the amount of shots that he’s faced and yet he’s 15th for the amount of saves he’s made,” said Keegan. “Which all then correlates to one stat which you’re not going to like . . . He’s 22nd for the percentage of shots he’s saved.”

Top of the Premier League for xG prevented is Alisson Becker, with 5.9, so he’s saved almost six goals which in theory he shouldn’t,” Keegan said. Keegan said that Bazunu is last on the xG prevented table, on minus 8.3. 

McCarthy’s heroics? He saved one penalty out of 6.
Sponsored Links

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:55am

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Luton play a more direct style than Southampton so can't see Jones looking to play it shorter when he takes over. Defensively he'll likely look to make them more compact and organised. Massive risk by Southampton though as Jones has only looked good at Luton and has only six years experience as manager.

Agreed, massive risk and a strange appointment in my book. He never comes across as particularly convincing in interviews either. Failed pretty miserably at Stoke too, jury will be out big time.

Nobody has done well at Stoke since Pulis. Michael O'Neill is a good manager, and even he struggled there.

But yeah, it seems like Southampton aren't willing to spend big on a more proven manager.

There are some very good players there. They need to buy a ST. Ings is missed.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Just throwing it out there - I think its fair to say that thus far, the move hasnt worked out great for Gavin and with Mc Carthy's heroics last night, he could come under pressure for his first team spot.

'I hate to say it, but the numbers aren’t going to help Gavin Bazunu' (the42.ie)

“He’s in the top five for the amount of shots that he’s faced and yet he’s 15th for the amount of saves he’s made,” said Keegan. “Which all then correlates to one stat which you’re not going to like . . . He’s 22nd for the percentage of shots he’s saved.”

Top of the Premier League for xG prevented is Alisson Becker, with 5.9, so he’s saved almost six goals which in theory he shouldn’t,” Keegan said. Keegan said that Bazunu is last on the xG prevented table, on minus 8.3. 

Are you choosing to ignore the saves he made in 90 mins as it doesn’t fit your narrative?
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:13pm

Conceded a poor goal too
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:28pm
Bazunu hasn't been the issue at Southampton.
He hasn't been "this guy is absolutely amazing" either but it's still early days and he is young for a keeper. 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Are you choosing to ignore the saves he made in 90 mins as it doesn’t fit your narrative?

I’m not saying he won’t be dropped don’t know how it plays out myself. The notion that he should be dropped cause McCarthy saved one penalty against the mighty Sheffield Wednesday is a bit daft.

If he did well to keep them out during the match it speaks volumes about Southamptons defence tbh and it’s not a coincidence they are so poor defensively in the PL. watched them against Palace in the first half they were as open as Cork Harbour! 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Or the quoted statistics? Smile
Idah Dream!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 3:20pm
Questionable footwork for Liverpool's opener but pulled off a great save from Salah moments later.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 3:35pm
Few very good saves after the goal but he should be disappointed with Liverpools first. He took a step to his left as the ball came in and that wrong footed him then when Firmino headed. If he had stayed put he would have saved it or been very close to saving it.

Edited by Sham157 - 12 Nov 2022 at 3:36pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 3:47pm
Bazunu is on his own against Liverpool, non existent defence in front of him.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:24pm
Thought he could have a bit better for the second. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 4:44pm
Zero he could do about the 2nd! The first he was poor for! Southamptons defence has been atrocious it’s actually embarrassing watching it! 

He’s playing in the “Prem” and all that great exposure but I don’t see how this peppering that he’s got everytime I watched them play can be doing his confidence any good! He turned down a lot of of other interest to go to Southampton according to Fabrizio Romano and other good sources! Easy to be captain hindsight but! 

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Nov 2022 at 4:45pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So that's two goals Bazunu could possibly be at fault for today?! 

Planning will be creaming himself. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Even Planning wouldn’t think he was at fault for the second.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 6:10pm
Could only be blamed for the first one, had no chance for the other two. Did make some good saves otherwise, including one excellent one from Salah. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:56am

That's not what I said. I just thought he 'could' have saved it. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:59am

Even Planning wouldn’t think he was at fault for the second.

You think? LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 9:05am

That's not what I said. I just thought he 'could' have saved it. 

Wasn't aiming anything at your comment.

I didn't even see the goals, only that there's one poster on here who revels in seeing Bazunu make mistakes and puts down anything he has achieved because the GK from his favourite English team isn't starting ahead of him. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 103>
  Share Topic