You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 103>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 10:47pm
in a minority of 1 but i thought it was a good reflex save from a good header that came flying at him. Unlucky that it hit the bar and came back into play. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 11:08pm
Good reflex save tipped onto the bar, his defenders failed to get rid of the rebound instead clearing it into an area of danger where players were waiting to pounce.

Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 1:25am
There's no way I would be blaming him for that goal. A good reflex save, he was unfortunate that it stayed in play and it ended up in the goal.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 5:17am
I don't think it's a good reflex save at all. The header isn't from close range and I wouldn't say it's particularly fast either. He should have done much better with that as it's straight at him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 8:07am
Bit harsh on him, just watched highlights there thought he was unlucky. If it had gone just a bit over it would have been a great save in my opinion. Defense should have reacted quicker for the rebound. 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 8:30am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I don't think it's a good reflex save at all. The header isn't from close range and I wouldn't say it's particularly fast either. He should have done much better with that as it's straight at him.

I thought the same, its a reaction save and should have gone straight over the bar. Harsh to blame the defenders when its palmed onto the bar at that speed.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 8:32am
The live commentary from sky siad:

"Coutinho plays a corner short before whipping in a cross towards the head of Watkins. Bazunu makes a brilliant save but he can't stop the ball from bouncing off the bar and into the path of Ramsey, who smashes in the rebound"

Watched highlights and think some being a bit harsh on him here, if that was cleared by a defender after, we would be hailing it as a fantastic save
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 8:41am
Caught flat on his heels without his knees flexed. The straight stance didn’t give him enough time and power to push the ball over the bar. It’s a small technical detail that he can work on. 
Of more concern is that he shanked 3 balls straight out of play and failed to hit a Southampton player with the majority of his long passes.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:17am
If he concedes a goal like that for us next week, I doubt there'd be many on here saying any criticism he receives would be harsh.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Caught flat on his heels without his knees flexed. The straight stance didn’t give him enough time and power to push the ball over the bar. It’s a small technical detail that he can work on. 
Of more concern is that he shanked 3 balls straight out of play and failed to hit a Southampton player with the majority of his long passes.

Haven't seen the goal yet but went on the Saints forum last night and the gripe on there is, as you have said, that long range distribution was very poor.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:54am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Haven't seen the goal yet but went on the Saints forum last night and the gripe on there is, as you have said, that long range distribution was very poor.

7 accurate long balls out of 19 isn't that bad.

He has the longest average kicking distance in the league among PL goalkeepers this season. That's clearly a tactic of Southampton's. The longer the distance, the harder it is to be more accurate.

The only particularly bad game he's had this season distribution wise was against Spurs.

He's ranked as the 3rd best GK in the league this season statistically.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 10:34am
If he pushes it over the bar people will say a great save and the keeper has done brilliantly, unfortunately for him he didn't get enough on it and it hits the bar and rebound is scored. It's a thin line for goalkeepers between being a hero and a villain. Not a huge error but you would expect top keepers to push those over the bar.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 10:47am
Definitely at fault for the goal but nothing to worry about too much. The fact that he's a Premier League #1 at 20 years old is incredible. These little errors are all part of the learning curve and will be nipped out over time.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 11:07am
Jesus lads, reading those comments you'd think he had dropped a looping header from 20 yards into his own net LOL The level of scrutiny of every goal conceded by our keepers is over the top in the extreme. 
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 11:15am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jesus lads, reading those comments you'd think he had dropped a looping header from 20 yards into his own net LOL The level of scrutiny of every goal conceded by our keepers is over the top in the extreme. 

Exactly right well said that man.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If he concedes a goal like that for us next week, I doubt there'd be many on here saying any criticism he receives would be harsh.

It would be because the blames lies with the defenders for not getting rid of it, the same blame would be on ours if they didn't deal with it too.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 2:13pm
It's ok to be critical of our players, doesn't make any one less of a fan. I'm a big fan of Bazunu but he should be doing better there. Defenders were very slow to react but he should be pushing that over the bar.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

That's what happens when you play in that league. There's no margin for error, and any error that he makes is scrutinized in forensic detail from 20 different angles. He can get away with making mistakes for us this week, because there's nobody to challenge him and apart from us, nobody cares what errors he costs us.  

I don't think he's had a clean sheet yet, despite enjoying the benefits of playing week in week out. Honestly can't see him keeping his place much longer if that continues. As Travers has already found out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 103>
  Share Topic