You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 103>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Watched the highlights and second was a complete clanger from him that cost the goal. A bit in no man's land for the first too. 

He is a bit raw but considering a lot of goalkeepers play now until they are 35-40 the amount of potential is frightening. In saying that I have been really impressed by Kelleher any time I have seen him so Bazunu will need to maintain a high performance for us. That is the beauty of 2 strong players for one position. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:42pm
I've said it before myself, a lot of the top keepers made mistakes as they were breaking through and then went on to be top class. So at only 19 Bazunu is showing great promise. I do think he has mistakes in him though at this point so there is a worry from my end. But same with the rest of the keepers we cant say they don't really have mistakes in them.

Travers had one bad game for us in serbia that pushed him backbbut seems to be doing well at Bournemouth this season so can't rule him out completely.

Kelleher has so far never looked out of place and has had a few really good games for Liverpool but he hasn't  been exposed to as many games yet. 

Hard to know who will ultimately be our number 1

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:48pm
It's a very good position to be in as ireland fans, we have three goalies with exceptional potential, all three have the making of.a fantastic keeper.

It's a little crazy to see that Travers has 5 away clean sheets in a row for Bournemouth and seems to be third of everyone's list. He has every chance of being a premier league keeper next year which will make it harder to choose between them.

At the moment I'd have it as 

1. Baz 
2. Kell
3. Trav 

But that order could change as the wind blows.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 2:08pm
Kelleher has to be top of that list. He is Liverpool's number 2 and trusted in a big way at Anfield which is way way ahead of the others. Baz has the Irish number one tied down through great performances though and rightly so. We have probably 2 of the top 5 best young goalkeepers in the world which is nuts.

EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 10:28pm
Given that Donnorumma is the best young goalkeeper in the world and is younger than Kelleher who are the other two that are in the world’s top 5?
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Given that Donnorumma is the best young goalkeeper in the world and is younger than Kelleher who are the other two that are in the world’s top 5?

What age 23?

Unai Simon and dean henderson are 24. Meslier at Leeds is a great keeper. He is 21.

Edited by Frabhoy - 18 Oct 2021 at 10:37pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 6:00pm
I'd be keen to see will Man City take Bazunu out of Portsmouth in January They are going absolutely terrible worrying as they have a big Irish presence. I fancied them to go up at the start of this season. 

May look to move him up to the Championship/on the continent to a slightly higher level in the process. Just a notion I have had he looks far too good for League 1 club not going great etc. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I'd be keen to see will Man City take Bazunu out of Portsmouth in January They are going absolutely terrible worrying as they have a big Irish presence. I fancied them to go up at the start of this season. 

May look to move him up to the Championship/on the continent to a slightly higher level in the process. Just a notion I have had he looks far too good for League 1 club not going great etc. 

Not a chance, hes there for the experience and to play week in/out which he is getting. Most 19 year old are still playing reserve football at that age.

Besides very few clubs tend to look for a #1 half way through the season. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:31pm
Oh dear oh dear. Made a balls up trying to play out from the back
1-0 to Ipswich
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:38pm
Aldo Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:52pm
a certain poster is going to have an absolute field day in relation to his position in the Bazunu vs Kelleher debate after this. Can't wait for the verdict hope he properly brings it now 😂

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Oct 2021 at 8:53pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:56pm
Its easier for a keeper to look better sitting on the bench and never making a mistake or conceding a goal.

Bazunu is going to make mistakes like every goalkeeper that is playing.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Its easier for a keeper to look better sitting on the bench and never making a mistake or conceding a goal.

Bazunu is going to make mistakes like every goalkeeper that is playing.

Yeah of course he's going to make a mistake or two. Better he makes it for them then us in a months time. The sort he will learn from. Similar to the one which led to the penalty save from Ronaldo learning when to just go long the odd time is something that comes with experience. One thing that has actually impressed me about Kelleher as good as he is on the ball he knows when to go long. Even top class keepers on the ball struggle with this at times.

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Oct 2021 at 9:02pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm
Poor for the third as well! Good to get those errors out of the way early.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm
His legs and hands have gone, Planning will be saying
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 9:30am
Let in another 4 last night - just 46% pass completion and 1 save made. Will Cowley keep faith, assuming he keeps his job? Portsmouth, among the pre-season favs with a lot of Irish at the club are going nowhere fast.
Idah Dream!
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:15am
What happens in an Irish context if Gavin is dropped at Portsmouth which I’m half expecting Cowley to do now as he’s had some terrible clangers in the last few games. Gavin seems to have lost his confidence for now. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

What happens in an Irish context if Gavin is dropped at Portsmouth which I’m half expecting Cowley to do now as he’s had some terrible clangers in the last few games. Gavin seems to have lost his confidence for now. 

Kenny will keep as No.1 due to his performances in an Ireland jersey. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 103>
  Share Topic