You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 103>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Has there been a single game where he hasn't made a couple of daft mistakes?

He…. is….. nineteen…. years….. old…..
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 12:55am
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Has there been a single game where he hasn't made a couple of daft mistakes?

He…. is….. nineteen…. years….. old…..

He looks like he could be top class once he irons those silly mistakes. Not many teenagers playing for their national side and saving their skin
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:44am
Looks top drawer. Darren Randolph nowhere (McG)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 2:29am
Excellent tonight and thought Kenny bringing him to the fans and raising his hand was a seriously nice touch. Fair play to Gavin Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:41am
His distribution was sheer class. Either our players were in position quicker, or else he seemed to speed up his decision making when h was making passes, wasn't taking anywhere near as long to make the pass last night compared to other games.

Some great saves too.

Definitely has what it takes to have a good career in the EPL.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 7:44am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

His distribution was sheer class. Either our players were in position quicker, or else he seemed to speed up his decision making when h was making passes, wasn't taking anywhere near as long to make the pass last night compared to other games.

Some great saves too.

Definitely has what it takes to have a good career in the EPL.

His passing was fantastic. He must have been a decent outfield player.

Makes super saves but has an error in him. I don't get a feeling of reassurance when he's playing. A bit David James like but he has much better distribution. 

Like others   I feel Kelleher is better but I suspect Gav has taken ownership of the shirt for now.

Were well covered between the sticks.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:14am
Kelleher has never had a run of games. If he does, he'll make mistakes too, because he's a young and inexperienced keeper.

He's not as commanding as Bazunu either. And let's not forget he's also 3 years older than Bazunu.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:40am
He's an incredible prospect for us. Great to see. Him, O'Shea, Omobamidele, Collins - could be a great foundation to build a team on there.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:50am
Bazunu got an opportunity and took it, I don't see that changing as his performances have been excellent.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:10am
He's young, so I'm not too worried about the mistakes he's made. In terms of the passing, I thought last night he made better decisions on when to just clear the the lines and when to pass it. Himself and Omobamidele seemed to trust eachother with ball at feet as well, there were a couple times a Serbian forward was pressing and they managed to get out between the two of them. I'm also not worried about when he came flying out that time and McClean got it out for a corner, you see Ederson do that at least once a year. I think he'll learn as he gets older and those mistakes will be less frequent but will never be gone completely, he's just that type of keeper.

What I'm a bit worried about with him is crosses/commanding his area. Maybe that will come with experience too and confidence, but he seems a bit small for a keeper. Himself and Kelleher are the same height so maybe it's a presence thing, which as I say I hope will come as he gets older. I know Mendy at Chelsea is a bit small for a keeper but you always see him stand out at corners and that. I worry sometimes for corners that Bazunu looks like he might be lost in amongst the crowd. 

But he's been great and his interviews are great too, just seems like a great young lad, fingers crossed he continues on this trajectory
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:19am
Bazunu is excellent from corners/crosses! Has been very commanding no idea what you’ve been watching.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Bazunu is excellent from corners/crosses! Has been very commanding no idea what you’ve been watching.
Ah it's not every time or anything, but things like when he dropped that one against Azerbaijan and got away with it, and last night he punched a Serbian corner but it just went up in the air and didn't clear our box. They're only small occasional things but those small things worry me more than the other mistakes some folks are mentioning. Like I said I hope it'll come with more experience and that, it's only nitpicking I think he's class 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:46am
Lads here comparing him to David JamesLOLLOLLOL, saying he’s too small, his distribution isn’t as good as Kellehers Confused and he doesn’t command his box well enough.

He’s not the finished article by any means. But Jesus lads give it a rest. We’ve a genuine star in the making here. I say most of you are sh*t craic to go for a pint with 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Kelleher has never had a run of games. If he does, he'll make mistakes too, because he's a young and inexperienced keeper.

He's not as commanding as Bazunu either. And let's not forget he's also 3 years older than Bazunu.

Kelleher is older than Gianluigi Donnarumma. If he's happy to be Liverpool second choice into his mid 20s that's his decision but if he wants to play for Ireland he should be trying to get out
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 3:37pm
His career trajectory is similar enough to Shay Given's : both made their debuts for Ireland at 19 and immediately established themselves as the No.1.

Interesting that he is a former outfield player, it probably explains why he is so good with his feet and an excellent passer of the ball for a goalkeeper.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:23pm
The only think that Bazunu is missing is that he’s not from Donegal!!
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

There might be a Donegal granny in there, who knows!
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

There might be a Donegal granny in there, who knows!
There must be! How else would he be a good keeper!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 103>
  Share Topic