You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 103>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The overreaction and hyperbole is part of what makes football hard to follow now. A young goalkeeper makes a mistake and it has to be 'crazy' and discussed for weeks.

We have nothing else to talk about when it comes to Irish players because they're doing f*ck all!
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The overreaction and hyperbole is part of what makes football hard to follow now. A young goalkeeper makes a mistake and it has to be 'crazy' and discussed for weeks.

We have nothing else to talk about when it comes to Irish players because they're doing f*ck all!
That probably doesn't help!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Not sure he'll get a Championship loan next season. League 1 again, although maybe a better League 1 team, or Eredivisie might be options. City have a link up with an Eredivisie club - Breda I think.
You seem quite sure he won't move on a level in club football. Why is that? Why don't you think he'll get a Championship move? Please elaborate using facts and maybe the odd opinion here and there to support this assertion. 

Why would I do that - it's a forum for opinions after all? But he has lost his place in the worst team in League 1 and he's only just turned 19 so I don't see a line of Championship clubs lining up for next season. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:03pm

Not sure he'll get a Championship loan next season. League 1 again, although maybe a better League 1 team, or Eredivisie might be options. City have a link up with an Eredivisie club - Breda I think.
You seem quite sure he won't move on a level in club football. Why is that? Why don't you think he'll get a Championship move? Please elaborate using facts and maybe the odd opinion here and there to support this assertion. 

Why would I do that - it's a forum for opinions after all? But he has lost his place in the worst team in League 1 and he's only just turned 19 so I don't see a line of Championship clubs lining up for next season. 

Lost his place? The other keeper kept a clean sheet filling in to give Bazunu a rest. And whether they are the worst team or not is irrelevant too. The only reasonable point here is that he is 19 because it is a fact. Whether the stops a Championship coming in for him, I really don't know. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:06pm

Lost his place? The other keeper kept a clean sheet filling in to give Bazunu a rest. And whether they are the worst team or not is irrelevant too. The only reasonable point here is that he is 19 because it is a fact. Whether the stops a Championship coming in for him, I really don't know. 

You do know that it isn't that important?
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:29pm
next season will most likely be another loan move - to a club that meet city’s criteria for his development - championship would seem a step up but the loaning club would need to have a position that meets city’s needs - so I doubt too many options will be available - same again next year would be most likely. He’s still very young.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 10 Apr 2021 at 7:30pm
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 10:51pm

Another fact is he concedes goals at the quickest rate of any starting keeper in League One. 

Keepers who concede left and right in League One usually isn’t an attribute Championship clubs look for. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 8:29pm
Bazunu's replacement with an absolute clanger there. Crucial goal as well, Rochdale were winning in a massive game for them in terms of relegation.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 8:46pm
The keeper has since given away a penalty with a really poor challenge but then saved the pen.

Not sure he's any upgrade on Bazunu but they'll probably stick with him to the end of the season from here.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
Not directly relevant, but Wimbledon’s left back is Alec Guinness’s great grandson!

Like i said, not directly relevant ...
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Not directly relevant, but Wimbledon’s left back is Alec Guinness’s great grandson!

Like i said, not directly relevant ...

These are not the forums you're looking for...
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:58pm
He'll have learned alot from this year and it'll definitely have brought him on loads. The international breakthrough a massive bonus, even if he hasn't played a club game since. For a 19 year old goalkeeper, he's played a lot of first team games already.

If he could get a loan move to a decent European league next year, it will bring him on again 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm
I see City had a keeper younger than Bazunu on the bench tonight. You don't want to stay away from a club like City too long, there will always be someone good coming along to take your place. After a year of first team experience it might be worthwhile for Gavin to spend at least a few months back at city, maybe try and fight for the bench spot before going on loan again.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:36pm

I see City had a keeper younger than Bazunu on the bench tonight. You don't want to stay away from a club like City too long, there will always be someone good coming along to take your place. After a year of first team experience it might be worthwhile for Gavin to spend at least a few months back at city, maybe try and fight for the bench spot before going on loan again.

Yeah, James Trafford he's called. Young Trafford. 

Not to be confused with Old Trafford who doesn't appear at all on CL nights
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, James Trafford he's called. Young Trafford. 

Not to be confused with Old Trafford who doesn't appear at all on CL nights
LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 10:36am
Portsmouth and Burton reported to be the two clubs in for Bazunu for next season. Portsmouth more likely to be fighting for promotion, but as a keeper he might get more experience in a way at Burton. Both League 1 anyway. City would presumably demand that he is first choice for a certain minimum number of games regardless of where he goes.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
He was meant to be training with City once or twice a week so they could monitor progress and expose him to a high level training environment while he was with Rochdale but Covid restrictions ruled that out. 

If they're looking for a similar arrangement, then Burton might be the most likely option. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:45pm
MacGillivray will probably move on from Portsmouth and I suspect may even sneak a Championship move. With that in mind Bazunu if going to Portsmouth would be very much No.1. Either team would be lovely for him rumours Bonham will be snapped up from Gillingham too that would be another nice club. 

I’d rather see the likes of Bazunu and Parrott stay in League 1 next season as opposed to moving up too high. They will be 19 for most of next season Bazunu is still fierce young for a keeper. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Jun 2021 at 1:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 103>
  Share Topic