You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 103>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

He has without doubt been the best thing about this international window. He was a little rash at times coming out last night but they were close judgement calls - no red flag stuff that we saw from Travers vs Serbia. He's good with the ball at his feet, commands his area well and generally just looks really solid. And perhaps most encouraging of all he appears very vocal - seems to have no issue barking instructions to his far more senior teammates. Let's just hope he continues to develop on his current trajectory because if he's this good at 19 then the future bodes extremely well.

That's been the most evident thing from his 2 appearances. He'll make mistakes along the way through either coming out of his area when he shouldn't or by misplacing a pass, but it'll all be a part of his learning process.

As someone mentioned, his reaction save from the close range header was excellent.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 1:43pm
Yeah was very impressed by him, wouldn't have seen much of him other then those two games (bar my Football Manager experience of him, where he goes on to be a very capable keeper).

As posters above said his communication and awareness of the game for a 19 year old is very good, perhaps this is down to better coaching at Man City.

It also showed the difference of having gametime under the belt compared to Travers, his reflexes seemed that bit sharper .

It will be very interesting to see what happens come the summer camp if both Randolph and Kelleher are fit.

I'd like to think he's done enough in the last two games to be considered at least 3rd choice. 

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yeah was very impressed by him, wouldn't have seen much of him other then those two games (bar my Football Manager experience of him, where he goes on to be a very capable keeper).

As posters above said his communication and awareness of the game for a 19 year old is very good, perhaps this is down to better coaching at Man City.

It also showed the difference of having gametime under the belt compared to Travers, his reflexes seemed that bit sharper .

It will be very interesting to see what happens come the summer camp if both Randolph and Kelleher are fit.

I'd like to think he's done enough in the last two games to be considered at least 3rd choice. 

3rd choice?? I would say 1st choice. How can you go back to someone who is not even playing week in week out. hes shown enough IMO.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:13pm

Bazunu has put himself in the conversation to be the starting keeper. Randolph is 33 and isn't likely to be playing as first choice at West Ham. He is unlikely to improve at this point in his career either. Given that we aren't qualifying for this tournament and Randolph will be well on in age for the next Euros then why not invest in the future. 

Kelleher is obviously another great talent. Pick between those two and choose the one who is in form (or at least playing)
El Puto Amo
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:23pm
ya if we learned anything it is Bazunu looks like a real prospect. Unless Kelleher goes out on loan he aint getting many games at Liverpool and Randolph the same stuck on the bench. we cant afford to be playing these guys. Also Bazunu looks good enough to pull off the fact he is only playing at Rochdale currently.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

3rd choice?? I would say 1st choice. How can you go back to someone who is not even playing week in week out. hes shown enough IMO.

That's why I said at the least.

I think Kenny showed his confidence in him by not bringing on O'Hara last night who I would have thought would have gotten at least a half

Edited by lassassinblanc - 31 Mar 2021 at 3:41pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Bazunu has put himself in the conversation to be the starting keeper. Randolph is 33 and isn't likely to be playing as first choice at West Ham. He is unlikely to improve at this point in his career either. Given that we aren't qualifying for this tournament and Randolph will be well on in age for the next Euros then why not invest in the future. 

Kelleher is obviously another great talent. Pick between those two and choose the one who is in form (or at least playing)

100%
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

ya if we learned anything it is Bazunu looks like a real prospect. Unless Kelleher goes out on loan he aint getting many games at Liverpool and Randolph the same stuck on the bench. we cant afford to be playing these guys. Also Bazunu looks good enough to pull off the fact he is only playing at Rochdale currently.

If Liverpool end up in the Europa League Kelleher is better off staying as 2nd choice as opposed to going on loan to a Championship club. 

He’d likely play the Europa group stage games and even more beyond that. Add in 4/5 domestic cup games and Alisson being quite injury prone for a keeper he could find himself playing 12-15 games or even more very quickly if of course he can avoid any stupid injuries like the stomach tear. 

Adrian has played 7 games this season Kelleher has played 5 for context. Now add those games together for Kelleher he clear 2nd choice then it paints that picture. 

Definitely in the next 2/3 years he could do with a loan. He could find a decent Dutch,Belgian or German club too in wider Europe. His CV getting enhanced playing for Liverpool would only attract plenty interest.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 6:40pm
I always think that when a young player comes on the scene and they are doing well it is almost easy for them to be confident. The real test of a young player is how they react when they start making mistakes or in a game where things just aren't happening for them. His first real mistake for Ireland came when he fouled the Qatar fella outside the box. But to his credit he stayed positive and kept coming off his line and moving well away from his goal at times to be available for a pass back. 

Hard not to be impressed. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 2:27am
A story going around that a big Italian club were sniffing around Bazunu last summer. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 2:08pm
Dropped to the bench.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:27pm
Feck sake we all raving about him then he is dropped to the bench. FML this has been a painful year
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:44pm
Might be a case that they need to plan for like post Bazunu, I suspect there may be some additional interest in him from the championship perhaps.

Or maybe we're looking at him with desperately green tinted glasses.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Feck sake we all raving about him then he is dropped to the bench. FML this has been a painful year

LOLLOLLOL

I think it's fookin hilarious at this stage tbh. What a year it's been and we still have two annihilations at the hands of Portugal to look forward too. CryLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:44pm
I wouldn’t be too worried it’s the end of the season he’s got plenty reference experience. It’s job done for the lad in that sense.

I just nearly wanted to shake him after seeing what he did Friday against Portsmouth. Not even poor just arrogant.  Beyond senseless and I’m not shocked the manager under pressure has dropped him as it technically cost them a point. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

I think it's fookin hilarious at this stage tbh. What a year it's been and we still have two annihilations at the hands of Portugal to look forward too. CryLOL

Everything and anything has gone wrong for us this year. Omobamidele after putting in a Man Of The Match performance on debut to have that deflection I think summed it up. Even when it’s going rosey you just know it will go awry it’s inevitable.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 6:04pm

"FML" because a young fella was dropped for his football team.LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

"FML" because a young fella was dropped for his football team.LOL

It's more that it just feels like everything  is going wrong for us when it comes to Ireland. Like I looked at the score and see 'oh 0-0, no goals for Troy but at least Bazunu got a clean sheet' but on closer look No, OH NO don't get your hopes up just yet, you can't have this one, Bazunu didn't play. It's one thing after another 

Edited by t_rAndy - 05 Apr 2021 at 8:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 103>
  Share Topic