FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 103>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 8:59pm
Thought he was a bit at fault for the Swansea goal
Sponsored Links

Realrover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 8:51pm
He has a mistake in him but he's braver than our other goalies and commands the box.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 6:43pm
He was very good, but if he had made a mistake this place would be hopping.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:32pm
Two good saves today especially his reflexive reaction to the shot that he saved onto the post. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Things looking good for Southampton and Bazunu right now. They're up to second after another win.

Manning and Smallbone started too.

Bazunu needed the season in calmer waters to get a bit of confidence back.

On Smallbone I do get the impression he needs to be playing in the sort of team Southampton are at the moment to get the best out of him. Not sure that will ever translate to Ireland. Don’t get me wrong he has worked his socks off any time I have seen him for us.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 11:56am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Interesting to see the coverage of James Trafford's struggles for Burnley this season compared to Bazunu's last season. Trafford with a disaster today beyond anything that happened to Bazunu last year. Gets lobbed from 40 yards and pushes it straight into his own goal instead of away for a corner. "MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND" screams the commentator on the world feed I'm watching...

Trafford made a complete hash of the equaliser the other night too. Think himself Bazunu and Meslier have proven the risks of putting a young goalkeeper into an environment where you need to scrap keep things watertight and stay clear of relegation at all costs!

Was amusing how not one pundit made even the slightest criticism of Trafford after the goal. Be interesting to see will MNF and Talksport do segments scapegoating Trafford the same way they did to Meslier and Bazunu when analysing why Burnley are going to be relegated down the line! 

I suspect cause he’s English he will get a pass. 
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 5:19pm
Things looking good for Southampton and Bazunu right now. They're up to second after another win.

Manning and Smallbone started too.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

DROPPED TODAY..........
No bites....poor effort
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 9:18pm
Cup game today, so probably just being rested.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 3:51pm
DROPPED TODAY..........
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 10:30am
A stupid mistake to make because he actually wrong foots the striker but then just doesn’t shift the ball away from him for whatever reason.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2023 at 12:19am
Just seen it there. Just a stupid lapse. Just needed to clear it first time. Not like a bad mistake from a save. Just a bit of stupidity. Just aswell they were 2 up at the time tho.
I love beer gardens
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Poor touch well punished by the Plymouth attacker - worth noting Southampton almost scored immediately after precisely because he got on the ball and played out. It's a hazard of that style of play, but ultimately that's why they do it.

LOL
I'd love to go on the lash with you, glass always half full

What's glass half full about it? It's objectively the reason they play out from the back, can you point out what part of the statement isn't factual?

It's an absolute howler of a mistake and I know your barometer is what commentators say about our keepers;
"Calamitous for Southampton, what was he thinking? No clean sheet and he's only got himself to blame"

As for the wonderful build up play that almost resulted in a goal

So it wasn't a goal? In other news, there's rain expected in Donegal tomorrow - about as relevant to Kelleher  Bazunu as a non-goal.

What are you on about, I said it was a bad touch leading to a goal? I'm pointing out the reason Southampton play that way - because even directly after conceding they continue to do it, and it resulted in a one on one for Fraser which he unfortunately fluffed. 

When you exclusively play out from the back - as Southampton do - this will occasionally lead to the concession of a goal from a mistake. It's an occupational hazard, they accept that because they believe the pay off from it is higher. Their league position would suggest they're right.

Edited by The O'Shea - 29 Dec 2023 at 9:56pm
We're decent enough..
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 9:48pm

Poor touch well punished by the Plymouth attacker - worth noting Southampton almost scored immediately after precisely because he got on the ball and played out. It's a hazard of that style of play, but ultimately that's why they do it.

LOL

What's glass half full about it? It's objectively the reason they play out from the back, can you point out what part of the statement isn't factual?

It's an absolute howler of a mistake and I know your barometer is what commentators say about our keepers;
"Calamitous for Southampton, what was he thinking? No clean sheet and he's only got himself to blame"

As for the wonderful build up play that almost resulted in a goal

So it wasn't a goal? In other news, there's rain expected in Donegal tomorrow - about as relevant to Kelleher  Bazunu as a non-goal.

Edited by counterlock - 29 Dec 2023 at 9:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 9:24pm

LOL

We're decent enough..
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 8:41pm

LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 8:13pm
We're decent enough..
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 8:03pm
It was a bad one. It can happen when you are a possession team, but still he should have put the laces thru it. He was lucky it was 2 nil and Plymoth had a good goal chalked off wrongly for off side. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 103>
  Share Topic