You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 148>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:03pm
0-1 Italia. Unfortunate slip from O'Brien.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

O Connor seems to have gone backwards over last year or so. Hard to see the justification for playing him ahead of Ebosele these days

Doesn't even play for Tranmere. Apart from starting two cup games at RB and DM he's only come off the bench three times when they took off a striker to hold onto a lead late in the game.

Yeah that's unfortunate for O'Brien.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:05pm
Dreadful goal to concede.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
Yeah, not really clear what obrian was trying to there.

Shape of the team doesn't look great again. Surely he can see that it's 3 players against Coventry and kilkenny...

Not sure about the logic that kilkenny should play u21 but Troy parrott should sit on the bench for the seniors. Whelan is doing well anyway.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Commentators keep saying he slipped but to me it looked like he mis judged the flight of ball and tried to head it rather than clear it with his foot?
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Commentators keep saying he slipped but to me it looked like he mis judged the flight of ball and tried to head it rather than clear it with his foot?
Was thinking the same.... shocking stuff for this level
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Yeah did look like that in the replays alright. 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Yeah looks like he is trying to head it

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:18pm
Agreed, nothing ball into the box from Italy and he was all 6s and 7s 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:21pm
That's the campaign over then 

So Armstrong Okoflex not in the squad ? Interesting
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

The Bosnia win probably provided false optimism. I've watched all the games from this campaign apart from luxembourg away and we are very average.

Some good individual performances. Kilkenny will break into first team soon enough. I've liked the look of Noss but he has been a sub most games. Played well today. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:24pm
Disappointing crowd here alright, I remember being here around two years ago when Kennys 21s took on Italy and it was nearly a full house. Obviously 5.30 not a great time plus the match last night probably didn't help but still expected a bigger crowd.

We've been second best but I wouldn't say we've been awful. Noss playing very advanced off Whelan, presume it's to try and rectify the issue we've had of the striker being very isolated. Agree that O'connor seems to have gone backwards, we are very vulnerable down that side. Terrible mistake from O'Brien for the goal. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:25pm
Offered nothing in attack so far.

Whelan doing everything right but isolated. 

Looks like we're playing a midfield three of smallbone, Wright and noss but they're miles away from each other and I dont think they've exchanged passes 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Disappointing crowd here alright, I remember being here around two years ago when Kennys 21s took on Italy and it was nearly a full house. Obviously 5.30 not a great time plus the match last night probably didn't help but still expected a bigger crowd.

We've been second best but I wouldn't say we've been awful. Noss playing very advanced off Whelan, presume it's to try and rectify the issue we've had of the striker being very isolated. Agree that O'connor seems to have gone backwards, we are very vulnerable down that side. Terrible mistake from O'Brien for the goal. 

Yeah but the u21s then had the kenny as coach and abit more media hype. Players like parrott, idah etc. This team is no comparison. Even if it was a later kick off, there isn't the same excitment with this team. 

Edited by Frabhoy - 12 Nov 2021 at 6:28pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Oh, go on. I'll bite. Tell me why this interests you so much?
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Yeah but the u21s then had the kenny as coach and abit more media hype. Players like parrott, idah etc. This team is no comparison. Even if it was a later kick off, there isn't the same excitment with this team. 

Correct. The team at that time you'd have fancied a large chunk to go onto play senior for us and already a decent number have. Of the lot on the pitch tonight it's hard to be as optimistic. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:33pm
This has been very average from 21's in campaign so far. Midfield very light weight. Italy walking through it.

Smallbone definitely not back to the player he was (in flashes). Not sure about Conor Noss and the level he'll make. Coventry won't be troubling Josh Cullen any time soon.

Definitely the excitement of the forward line under Kenny is not to be seen in this crop of players. Having said that Parrott, Idah, Connolly haven't lit up our lives since.

Still no sign of "that" elusive player who will dictate play in midfield.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
I like Crawford but feel he'd be better looking after the u19s than u21s. I dont think he's getting the best out of the players 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 148>
  Share Topic