You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 148>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 2:49pm
Match Day 23:

1- Maher
2- O'Connor
3- O'Reilly
4- Redmond
5- Cashin
6- Coventry
7- Hodge
8- Devoy
9- Kayode
10- Smallbone
11- Connolly
12- Azaz
13- O'Brien
14- O'Neill
15- Lyons
16- Odumosu
17- Tierney
18- Wright
19- Ferguson
20- Odubeko
21- Garcia MacNulty
22- Festy
23- Keeley

Roughan & Costelloe miss out. McNicholas is likely injured, replaced by Keeley.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 2:59pm
Are they allowing match day squads of 23 for the play offs. Usually it's only twenty players and only one keeper named on the bench.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:18pm
I suppose so. Probably why Keeley was called up, Maher & Odumosu weren't enough.

Also, I just saw there that the 2nd game is listed on the RTE player for Tuesday evening. Hadn't seen it advertised yet.

EDIT:
Interesting too that Garcia MacNulty is in the matchday squad over Roughan even though Roughan got called up first.

And Redmond & Cashin are given the 4 & 5 jerseys, O'Brien is 13.

Edited by Greenie50 - 23 Sep 2022 at 3:22pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

I suppose so. Probably why Keeley was called up, Maher & Odumosu weren't enough.

Also, I just saw there that the 2nd game is listed on the RTE player for Tuesday evening. Hadn't seen it advertised yet.

EDIT:
Interesting too that Garcia MacNulty is in the matchday squad over Roughan even though Roughan got called up first.

O'Reilly has been given the #3 jersey, is he a LB? Just wondering how much we can read in to the squad #'s. If they play as listed 1 to 11, Kayode getting the nod up front would be a surprise as would Redmond at CB and Hodge getting the start in CM.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:35pm

EDIT:

Could be you needed to submit a 23 and then pick 29 from that. Pretty sure it's still match day squads of 20 for the tournament finals but you gotta submit 23 with three keepers for your tournament squad. Don't think I've ever seen a match day 23 announced the day of game for the 21s before.

Think O'Brien has always wore 13 for the 21s with McGuiness and McEntee usually 4 and 5.

Think Redmond can cover across the back four but like Lyons he's right footed. MacNulty is left footed but not sure he's ever played LB and probably would be one of the three left out if it's reduced to 20 for the game.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

EDIT:

O'Reilly has been given the #3 jersey, is he a LB? Just wondering how much we can read in to the squad #'s. If they play as listed 1 to 11, Kayode getting the nod up front would be a surprise as would Redmond at CB and Hodge getting the start in CM.

Like the seniors players they will often wear the same number as previously worn if picked for squads. Kilkenny and Noß had 7 and 12 back in June which have went to Hodge and Azuz today while Coventry, Devoy, and Smallbone wore 6, 8, and 10 back in June.

Edited by J89 - 23 Sep 2022 at 3:41pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

EDIT:

Could be you needed to submit a 23 and then pick 29 from that. Pretty sure it's still match day squads of 20 for the tournament finals but you gotta submit 23 with three keepers for your tournament squad. Don't think I've ever seen a match day 23 announced the day of game for the 21s before.

Think O'Brien has always wore 13 for the 21s with McGuiness and McEntee usually 4 and 5.

Think Redmond can cover across the back four but like Lyons he's right footed. MacNulty is left footed but not sure he's ever played LB and probably would be one of the three left out if it's reduced to 20 for the game.

Roughan omission is surprising given apparent lack of options at LB
Idah Dream!
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:33pm
Have a spare for tonight if anyone wants it for free. Would hate to see it go to waste/empty seat
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:41pm
Best of luck to the lads tonight

Let's hope we can get a positive result
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:51pm
With Roughan not in the squad we don't have a real natural left back. Lyons having a great season at left wing back but that's different to playing in a four.

Would love to see him go with this but say the chances are slim. 

Maher
O'Connor O'Brien Cashin
Ebosele Coventry Devoy Smallbone Lyons
Ferguson Connolly

Some players could easily be swapped out for others (O'Connor for Redmond or McNulty, Devoy for Tierney or Azaz, Ferguson for Odubeko) , but I think it's the best way to get our strongest players on the pitch in their best positions. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:15pm
I'll probably have to watch this on a stream as not in Ireland and my vpn still couldn't get around the RTE player. 

If anyone has a stream link please post it up Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

With Roughan not in the squad we don't have a real natural left back. Lyons having a great season at left wing back but that's different to playing in a four.

Maher
O'Connor O'Brien Cashin
Ferguson Connolly

Some players could easily be swapped out for others (O'Connor for Redmond or McNulty, Devoy for Tierney or Azaz, Ferguson for Odubeko) , but I think it's the best way to get our strongest players on the pitch in their best positions. 

We'll find out soon, but I just think that defence is light against a tricky skilful and by all accounts pacey Israeli side. I appreciate it gets Ebosele and Lyons into the wing back positions and allows a front 2 of Ferguson Connolly which would be exciting. O'Connor is a RB and CDM for Tranmere, dont think he's played much at CB for a good few years now and he's not the biggest or quickest. Cashin's been good but O'Briens form/confidence seemed to tail off mid-campaign for some reason and I'm not sure how good Belgian 2nd Division might be. In any case, Ebosele is possibly a better out and out winger than he is a wing back at this point in his career and I do think he can inject some pzazz off the bench. I can see why we'd go with a 352 but possibly the injuries to Mc Guinness/Mc Entee have made that a bit less likely. Anyway we'll see in 30.
Idah Dream!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I'll probably have to watch this on a stream as not in Ireland and my vpn still couldn't get around the RTE player. 

If you’re in the EU, watch it on your phone. Just turn the wifi off and watch it on 4G.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:41pm

Maher
O'Connor O'Brien Cashin
Ferguson Connolly

I like that tactical approach think it's suited to our player pool. 
But it would be very Crawford to make Lyons who is good as an attacking left wing back in the LoI and make him play a defensive role strong risk of being exposed as LB in a 4. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:44pm

I've been let watch on the RTE a few times so I think they have turned off the geoblocking before. At other times it hasn't worked though. Hope it does as its a massive game I don't want to miss.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I've been let watch on the RTE a few times so I think they have turned off the geoblocking before. At other times it hasn't worked though. Hope it does as its a massive game I don't want to miss.

No good for this game mate but I highly recommend you buy yourself a dodgy box.

I'm between ireland and the UK quite a bit and it's so handy for whenever there's an Ireland/LOI game on that I can't make.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:56pm
Team is in.

Maher

O'Connor
O'Brien
Redmond
Cashin

Hodge
Coventry
Smallbone

Wright
Ferguson
Connolly
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 5:57pm

Team is in.

Maher

O'Connor
O'Brien
Redmond
Cashin

Hodge
Coventry
Smallbone

Wright
Ferguson
Connolly

Front 6 is really good, not sure about back 4.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 148>
  Share Topic