You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 148>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:20pm
Not a bad idea  re: Idah but think Kenny loves him too much to not bring him in the group if he is fit. Outside of Parrott and Obafemi (and Ogbene to a certain extent though not a 'true' CF) who have earned the shirt we aren't fully blessed with depth yet.
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:46pm
Nah, I don't think Idah has anything to learn from playing under Crawford. And if he isn't fit enough to play with the seniors he wouldn't be fit enough to play in a competitive U21 Play-off.

Much better off bringing through the younger strikers.

Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Anyone know if Joshua Koyode is injured. Hasn't made any of Rotherhams match day squads.

Yeah, hamstring injury. Their manager said he might be out for up to 10 weeks, that was July 16th so 10 weeks on from there is the same week as the Play-Off vs Israel. So that's him ruled out (along with Whelan).

Sinclair Armstrong replaced Whelan in the last camp. Replacements for Kayode would probably be Kenny, Emakhu, Cannon, Kavanagh.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:10am
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

FAI presale starting at 10am this morning. Would that be for season ticket holders?

Haven’t got an email yet…
Still no email despite the 'FAI presale' and 'Fan Republic presale' both being open...

Fan Republic presale email has been sent out now
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:32am
email got and tickets bought. West stand only and assigned seating which is strange for Tallaght.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Romell View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:45pm
I'm a season ticket holder & haven't received an email with a link to the pre-sale. I'm raging, been to all u21 home games.
Emailed fai, as yet no response 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Romell Romell wrote:

I'm a season ticket holder & haven't received an email with a link to the pre-sale. I'm raging, been to all u21 home games.
Emailed fai, as yet no response 
ST holder presale email hasn’t been sent yet so no point in raging.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 4:18pm
I got a mail yesterday with presale link. Think it was for being member of Team republic or something 

Edited by t_rAndy - 18 Aug 2022 at 4:18pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 4:26pm
yep fan republic.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:40am
Just leaving this here to salivate on....  

With a team like that you'd be thinking of winning the entire competition, not just a play-off.

Would be great if some of the lads who might not get game-time at seniors could be involved, even if they already have full-caps. 

Eligible Irish 11 for Euro U21 play-off

Bazunu

Omabamadele. Collins. McGuinness

Coventry. 

Ebosele.   Smallbone.  Knight.  

Parrott.  Idah.  Obafemi. 

Subs:

Ferguson
Armstrong
Kilkenny
Abankwah
Adaramola
Bagan
Connell
Johansson
Noss
etc. etc.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

With a team like that you'd be thinking of winning the entire competition, not just a play-off.

Would be great if some of the lads who might not get game-time at seniors could be involved, even if they already have full-caps. 

Bazunu

Coventry. 

Subs:

Ferguson
Armstrong
Kilkenny
Abankwah
Adaramola
Bagan
Connell
Johansson
Noss
etc. etc.
You'd imagine the only 'senior' players who would be unlikely to start are the two Norwich lads - would be good to drop both of them down but think they'll be with the seniors. Probably Festy will be too - he seems to have issues with Crawford.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:18am
Agree with that - if we were lucky.

However, the two Norwich lads would make a huge difference.  

We've been weak enough at centre-half in U21 qualifying, so Omabamadele could make a huge difference.  

Idah is a different level to anyone else we've had playing at u21 for some time, and, if both are unlikely to get a run in the seniors, would be great to see them come down. 

Obafemi and Ebosele have both already effectively elected not to be considered for U21.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Bazunu

Coventry. 

Subs:

Ferguson
Armstrong
Kilkenny
Abankwah
Adaramola
Bagan
Connell
Johansson
Noss
etc. etc.

Would you, the only two that would make an XI if you were to also include eligible English players would be Bazunu and Collins. Spain could name Gavi and Pedri just to name two,
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:41pm
I might be in the minority here but I'd rather see players that have already graduated to the seniors stay there rather than dropping them back down to the 21s just to try to win a playoff.

Much as I want us to qualify the main aim of the 21s is to bring players through to the seniors and it has been very successful in that regard under Kenny and Crawford. I'd rather give the minutes to an Evan Ferguson or a Sinclair Armstrong at this level than bring back an established senior player who can get loads of game time for club and country at senior level without needing the Under 21s.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I might be in the minority here but I'd rather see players that have already graduated to the seniors stay there rather than dropping them back down to the 21s just to try to win a playoff.

Much as I want us to qualify the main aim of the 21s is to bring players through to the seniors and it has been very successful in that regard under Kenny and Crawford. I'd rather give the minutes to an Evan Ferguson or a Sinclair Armstrong at this level than bring back an established senior player who can get loads of game time for club and country at senior level without needing the Under 21s.

I would say most people are of a similar opinion - the likes of Knight, Collins etc are integral members of the first team and it would be crazy to drop them down.

Neither of Omobamidele or Idah are likely to start the September games though, so if its a case of <45 mins with the seniors of 180 mins with the u21s i think they should drop down. They both happen to be in positions we could do with a player too.

It's highly unlikely in any case - Kenny has shown before he will call up an u21 and leave them out of the matchday 26.

Edited by giveittochristie - 19 Aug 2022 at 1:32pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Agreed. Now that we seem to have something of a conveyor belt going I'd like to keep it moving forward.

With making the Play-off there's already a bit of a backlog with the 2002/2003 born players coming through to U21s (too old for U19s). I wonder will there be an U20 camp/friendlies for those lads?

Edited by Greenie50 - 19 Aug 2022 at 1:31pm
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 2:21pm
The likes of Collins, knight, parrott, omobamidele, obafemi and bazunu are beyond the u21 level now, in terms of their personal development they'll learn nothing.

I think the fact that our best possible u21 team with those players and a fit again Idah etc would give our seniors a close game is a real show of progress over the last few years.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 2:23pm
Yeah, it's tempting, but I'm of the view we should look to fill the gaps in the 21's not with fringe seniors, but lads who've aged out of the 19's with an eye on the next 21's campaign.

In fairness, we already do this as the likes of Mipo, Armstrong, Hodge and O'Neill (off the top of my head) are all available for the next campaign.

mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Home playoff on Friday 23rd September.

Unfortunately alot of fans that would have gone might already be gone to Glasgow by then. Presuming it'll be on RTE and we'll be able to get somewhere to show it 

Am I right in thinking this is included in the season ticket?

Not anymore no, theres concessions for season ticket holders though and they have to be bought in advanced.

Email has just gone out with link for tickets for season ticket holders
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 148>
  Share Topic