You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 148>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 6:23pm
Season ticket holders had a window to claim free tickets for the 21s home games. I did this myself, went to both games in June was a simple enough process but maybe too simple, probably a good few also redeemed the tickets and never went.
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:06pm
Israel under 19s doing well in the Euros.

I wonder will any of those lads be bumped up for the games against us?
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Israel under 19s doing well in the Euros.

I wonder will any of those lads be bumped up for the games against us?
I reckon if anything they’re more likely to call on a few lads with senior caps. Could make a big difference having a few players with senior experience.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 9:41pm
Yes, beat France this evening and through to the final. Obviously a very decent side at that age group and you'd imagine a few will be bumped up by the autumn. Just our luck really as I don't think many of those players will have contributed to Israel making the Under 21 playoffs.

Not ideal but at least most of our lads are a bit older and more experienced at the Under 21 age group.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 7:55pm
Israel 1-0 up at HT
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 4:50pm
Home playoff on Friday 23rd September.

Unfortunately alot of fans that would have gone might already be gone to Glasgow by then. Presuming it'll be on RTE and we'll be able to get somewhere to show it 
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 10:02pm
Glasgow?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Unfortunately alot of fans that would have gone might already be gone to Glasgow by then. Presuming it'll be on RTE and we'll be able to get somewhere to show it 

Am I right in thinking this is included in the season ticket?
TheBigFella32 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 10:13pm
Why was the home fixture released but not the details for the away game?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Glasgow?
Nations league game on the 24th
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Am I right in thinking this is included in the season ticket?

Not anymore no, theres concessions for season ticket holders though and they have to be bought in advanced.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 9:13am

Where did you see the date confirmed?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 9:30am
The FAI have confirmed it.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 1:32pm
Just looking at who played and, more importanbtly, didn't play over the weekend, there are a few concerns that a slew of our U21 lads have dropped out of teams.

Just listing a few off the top of my head, we have Bagan, McGuinness, Odubeko, Wright and Coventry who didn't kick a ball this weekend (please correct me if I am wrong).
All actual or close to starters for our team.
Then you have Kilkenny and Smallbone only geting off the bench.
Tayo didn't even make the squad.

I know it's only the first gameweek and we have a lot of matches between now and the Israel games, but it wasn't a positive weekend for our squad.

We need Coventry and Odubeko to get their loans.
Then the likes of Bagan, Adaramola and McGuinness hopefully break into their teams while hoping that the Stoke pair can nail down starting positions (I think that's an ask).

Edited by Fozz - 01 Aug 2022 at 1:33pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Just looking at who played and, more importanbtly, didn't play over the weekend, there are a few concerns that a slew of our U21 lads have dropped out of teams.

Just listing a few off the top of my head, we have Bagan, McGuinness, Odubeko, Wright and Coventry who didn't kick a ball this weekend (please correct me if I am wrong).

I know it's only the first gameweek and we have a lot of matches between now and the Israel games, but it wasn't a positive weekend for our squad.

Then the likes of Bagan, Adaramola and McGuinness hopefully break into their teams while hoping that the Stoke pair can nail down starting positions (I think that's an ask).

Most of them are either expected to make loan moves (eg Coventry, Odubeko, Wright), or have only just made loan moves (Smallbone, Kilkenny and Adaramola), so not at all surprisingg they didn't start on matchday one.

Bagan and McGuinness are the only strange ones, not sure if there were injuries involved.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 2:18pm
Cardiff signed Jamilu Collins who was the starting LB for Nigeria for the last few years. Cardiff have switched to a back four and not surprised they brought in a more experienced LB. Collins was good against Norwich so don't see Bagan getting many minutes.

They've also signed Cedric Kipre and some Cardiff fans saying that Morrison sees McGuinness as back up this season with the change from a back three.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Odubeko and Wright will get loans. Coventry likely as well although he might be kept on as a squad member. Smallbone and Kilkenny are only at the club suspect Smallbone will start the weekend and Kilkenny will likely do as well. Stoke absolutely disgraced themselves the weekend so its no harm they sat it out tbh. Adaramola is only there a couple of days will likely be eased iniitially!

The Cardiff boys seem surplus to requirements alright which is dissapointing. It's still quite early loads of Championship squads will be shook up yet.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 5:44pm
Yeah, expect the loanees to take time to get settled and then hope for regular starts.
The two B'Ham lads could be out of luck tho.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 148>
  Share Topic