You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 148>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:12pm
Dreadful penalty.
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:12pm
Disaster 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:13pm
That was a brutal penalty by Coventry unfortunately. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:14pm
Bad penalty but no way we deserve a draw here. hoof ball hooping for luck after everything else has failed miserably
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:14pm
Hit a poor penalty against Luxembourg didn’t fancy him to score that at all. 
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:16pm
Think the ref has done us over here 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:18pm
Jesus christ that penalty was horrendous, how did he miss 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:21pm
That was onside?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:21pm
Games like this were common place in the pre-Kenny 21 days. Starting sh*te and creating very little 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Hit a poor penalty against Luxembourg didn’t fancy him to score that at all. 

Said the same when I saw his short run up. Always think it's easier for the keeper to read
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:38pm
Some of them lads are far off the level to be honest. Would like to see one of Connolly, Idah or Parrott drop down for the november games.

The game against Wales, I thought Luca Connell played brilliantly. If he is playing for Queens Park i'd have him in the squad.

I thought Ross Tierney played ok but we need to get Conor Noss in the 11.  

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:43pm
Poor game to watch, players lacked direction from the manager. Formation was all over the place. Tactically poor. Think Crawford needs to own this one. One of the worst u21 performances I've seen in a while even if the penalty went in.

Only slight positives were kilkenny and Coventry did ok for me, I know don't think Coventry was good but I thought he did ok. The stand out player for ireland was Ferry. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

Some of them lads are far off the level to be honest. Would like to see one of Connolly, Idah or Parrott drop down for the november games.

The game against Wales, I thought Luca Connell played brilliantly. If he is playing for Queens Park i'd have him in the squad.

I thought Ross Tierney played ok but we need to get Conor Noss in the 11.  

Plus one on the Conor Noss selection in place of Tierney. 

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:49pm
very disappointed with this. I agree that tactically we seemed a bit lost. Strong leadership is needed at underage international football. Lads havent had much chance to develop as a team. There was a number of changes from the team at the weekend. Ferguson struggled again. Maybe we have him put on too high a pedestal already. An U17 lad should prob be with the U19's rather than the U21's. I know people will say he struggled because of bad tactics etc but he didnt have much of an impact at all, and a really class player should kinda stay out a bit, do something now and again that makes us all go 'wow'...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm
Bad night at the office 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

What a disorganised mess, I've no clue what the shape of the team is, where are Ferry and Gilbert supposed to be playing, a lot of high long balls to poor Ferguson who's isolated up front.

Not sure what Jim Crawford was trying to do here.

What's eating Gilbert's grape?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:59pm
Was a poor performance. How many more times are they going to play that formation leaving the lone striker stranded like a boat wreckage at sea. Eventually when Kayode got on with Whelan we actually had a bit of presence and looked like scoring. If Crawford plays the same formation against Italy after that he should be shot. 

Don't know what the keeper is doing for the first. 2nd goal Ferry played well but is dispossessed he's at fault mainly. Bagan could get his head on the cross but that can happen. After that it was well worked. 

Bar Kilkenny and Coventry who played okay in midfield and Ferry when switched to the right the rest of them didn't cover themselves in glory. Mind the set up/tactics was so terrible it's far bigger then any one player. Tierney hadn't a great game but again we are hitting long balls forward to him just doesn't suit him.

The defenders are poor. Bagan like the rest didn't cover himself in glory but was very good in the first game think it's rubbish to say he's out of his depth. He proved in the Luxembourg game his qualities which do look like they would suit the wing back role. 

O'Connor I'm shocked people think he was good to me he really hasn't kicked on. I don't think O'Connor is a modern day full back his attributes don't suit it.

I don't get why Connor Noss wasn't introduced either after his impact the other night. Just not a good night all around and really now unless we get favourable results against Sweden we can forget about qualifying. You can lose a game of football but the 19s and 17s are tactically coached well. This team quite simply isn't.

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Oct 2021 at 7:01pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 7:18pm
Manager is out of his depth was clear how badly we regressed when we lost 0-2 away to Italy 2 years ago when Kenny moved up to Senior Team.

There's no game plan at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 148>
  Share Topic