You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Information about wills.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Information about wills.....
    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:18am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

He's a bald, toothy twat, and I prefer Kate. But I like Meghan even more. She's a human wrecking-ball, and the sooner the monarchy are abolished the better.

Only the country that invented the atomic bomb could come up with someone quite so destructive.

Good one 👌👌
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 4:03pm
He's a bald, toothy twat, and I prefer Kate. But I like Meghan even more. She's a human wrecking-ball, and the sooner the monarchy are abolished the better.

Only the country that invented the atomic bomb could come up with someone quite so destructive.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 10 Mar 2021 at 4:08pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The thread title is doing my box in! 

Don’t read it then ya prick.

LOLLOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

ClapLOL

Looks like you rattled someone’s cage there PM 😀😀😀
I like to think I do it more often, just without them making it so obvious.LOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:08pm

sorry if I’m doing your box in on this Lenny......but does the executor naturally step in when the people pass on or does the solicitor contact the executor with the will and the executor takes it from there?

It depends. Most executors will know they are the executor and the deceased will have told them where the will is, who the solicitor is, etc. Some executors will be privy to the contents of the will before the deceased passes, others won't want to know.

Solicitor won't know when the deceased has passed so they depend on the executor notifying them of this and then they release a copy of the will to the executor.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:04pm

ClapLOL

Looks like you rattled someone’s cage there PM 😀😀😀

Edited by Baldrick - 10 Mar 2021 at 2:05pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 1:59pm
ClapLOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 1:47pm

LOL 
Then I would need a mod to delete the thread.
Title corrected. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 1:34pm

LOL 
Then I would need a mod to delete the thread.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 1:26pm

Edited by JUICEBOMB - 10 Mar 2021 at 1:26pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:54am
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:37am
sorry if I’m doing your box in on this Lenny......but does the executor naturally step in when the people pass on or does the solicitor contact the executor with the will and the executor takes it from there?
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 9:02am
No, the only way an executor could technically rip everyone off would be if they ransacked the house for anything of value, or had bank cards and access to those accounts. This would be a criminal offence though, obviously.

Each beneficiary is notified independently of each other but there is nothing to stop an executor getting them all together and doing it in one go. Could be uncomfortable though.

After sale of house, funds go to solicitor and they arrange transfer to each of the beneficiaries. At no point should an executor be in possession of entire estate.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Only the executor gets a copy of the will. Beneficiaries are notified independently to be made aware of what they have been left. Access to the full will is only made available once probate completes.

There is no formal process for reading a will. That's just Hollywood stuff!

So I’d imagine that a solicitor is normally the executor of a will?I mean if a family member is the executor and a beneficiary  could that not lead to problems?

There will be a solicitor alright but the executor is usually a family member or close friend and they can also be a beneficiary.

Does the executor have to disclose how the estate will be divided out between family members?

I mean how will a sibling know they got a fair share.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking....plus what’s the point of an executor when the solicitor can read out the will???

Also what happens if some members of a family are left more than others,would that not cause murder if it’s been disclosed to all the family members?

Executor doesn't have to disclose how the estate is being divided out until probate is complete and individual beneficiaries get their share. At that point, anyone can request a copy of the will, and contest it if they like, but it would be hard to challenge/overturn especially if a solicitor has been involved right the way through.

An executor is more than just a name on a will. They are often left to coordinate funeral, closing out bills/accounts, emptying house, arranging sale of house, etc. I am sure a solicitor could do all that but would be outsourcing it all and charging quite a large fee for it.

But could an executor not rip everyone off after probate and then disappear.....plus does every beneficiary have to be present when a will is disclosed or can this be done privately with each beneficiary?
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:20pm
LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:06pm
Great stuff Lenny.

I thought you were a plumber LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:00pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Only the executor gets a copy of the will. Beneficiaries are notified independently to be made aware of what they have been left. Access to the full will is only made available once probate completes.

There is no formal process for reading a will. That's just Hollywood stuff!

So I’d imagine that a solicitor is normally the executor of a will?I mean if a family member is the executor and a beneficiary  could that not lead to problems?

There will be a solicitor alright but the executor is usually a family member or close friend and they can also be a beneficiary.

Does the executor have to disclose how the estate will be divided out between family members?

I mean how will a sibling know they got a fair share.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking....plus what’s the point of an executor when the solicitor can read out the will???

Also what happens if some members of a family are left more than others,would that not cause murder if it’s been disclosed to all the family members?

Executor doesn't have to disclose how the estate is being divided out until probate is complete and individual beneficiaries get their share. At that point, anyone can request a copy of the will, and contest it if they like, but it would be hard to challenge/overturn especially if a solicitor has been involved right the way through.

An executor is more than just a name on a will. They are often left to coordinate funeral, closing out bills/accounts, emptying house, arranging sale of house, etc. I am sure a solicitor could do all that but would be outsourcing it all and charging quite a large fee for it.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:20pm
Obvious reasons if you think the will was fake, unfit state to make the will, under duress etc 

But overall a Will can be contested and many go to the courts if there is a lot of money involved.

My brother in law mother is going through a court case or will be soon. She was living with a guy for 10+ years in a house they bought together. He got cancer and became nasty with it. Without telling her wrote a will for his adult children from his previous marriage to have everything.
She wants to keep the house but his kids want to sell their half as per the will. She cared for him in the last year while his kids stayed in Oz. 
The house is worth circa 1M. 

The general rule in can leave your property to anyone you want under your will. This includes choosing not to give anything to certain people, even family members. The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 imposes a qualification to this rule by permitting a spouse, former spouse, child or dependant of a deceased to apply to court for reasonable financial provision if they don't think the deceased’s estate provides enough for them.

The test for reasonable financial provision is deliberately vague. For anyone other than a spouse, it means what is reasonable for their maintenance – so enough for them not to live in poverty, but necessarily not so much that they live in luxury. The court must consider a range of factors when deciding whether or not to make an award, including the financial resources and needs to the applicant, any obligations the deceased may have had towards them, and the financial needs of the other beneficiaries under the estate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic