You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Taylor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack Taylor
    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:18pm
Has just scored probably the goal of the season by an Irish player for Peterborough. Seems to get great reviews for them week after week and knows where the goal is as well. 
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:25pm
El Puto Amo
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:32pm
Peterborough top of the league now and he's a key player in that team.

Would be really good to see them go up to see how he gets on in the championship 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Has just scored probably the goal of the season by an Irish player for Peterborough. Seems to get great reviews for them week after week and knows where the goal is as well. 
As the only Irish player for them, he was always the most likely to do it.

Edited by pre Madonna - 23 Feb 2021 at 9:39pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He’s scored some belters over the years. Tall for a midfielder, incidentally
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Flynn Clarke begs to differ, if reports are to be believed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:56pm

I had to Google him! Colin's grandson, or so it seems. He has only made a couple of sub appearances it seems, so was unlikely to score the "goal of the season for an Irish player at Peterborough", but there is still time. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:04pm
Have been following how he’s getting on since he was included in the u21s squad. Seems a bit like Jason Knight in the team almost every week contributes a few goals but his energy in midfield is the most important thing he brings to the team.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Have been following how he’s getting on since he was included in the u21s squad. Seems a bit like Jason Knight in the team almost every week contributes a few goals but his energy in midfield is the most important thing he brings to the team.

4 all season. Not that much.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Apologies should have been a coma there. He’s in the team almost every week and like knight offers a few goals but it’s not there main attribute.

Edited by Donegalman - 23 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:08pm

Ireland will probably average one a year for the next decade. Four is a start.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:13pm

He's English and has declared for Scotland at Intl level. He's the grandson of a Northern Ireland legend and the son of an ex-Northern Ireland U-21 International. There has been nothing mentioned about him playing for us. Only reports of alleged interest from England. Even if he did want to play for us, unlikely given what I know about his family connections, we would probably be 4th down the list.

So, yes, Jack Taylor is the only Irish player playing for Peterborough.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
Local paper player ratings - I don't think I've ever seen him score lower than a 7. 

JACK TAYLOR: Broke up play superbly, passed the ball well and struck a brilliant third goal. Not always foot perfect tonight in possession, but he's some player - 8.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 2:50pm

He's got 7.  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

He's got 7.  

4 goals in 27 league games.

7 in all competitions, including Football League Trophy and an FA Cup match against a semi-professional team.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 5:53pm

He's got 7.  

7 in all competitions, including Football League Trophy and an FA Cup match against a semi-professional team.

Yes 7 goals, not 4.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 6:02pm

He's got 7.  

why the negativity???
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

He's got 7.  

why the negativity???

Not negative at all. I just don't think a 1 in 7 goal-scoring rate at League One level is anything to be crowing about. He's done well to rise up the divisions though, fair play.

As for the rest of it, we're just at an impasse as to whether we include goals scored in all competitions in his statistics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic