FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Taylor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 12:39pm
He’s definitely good enough to step up to the Championship. Was just unlucky Peterborough became a bit of a basket case last season and he also had issues with injuries and niggles.

Still only 24yo wouldn’t bet against him continuing his relentless progression to the point he will play Pl football some day. 
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 6:48am
He had seven years at Chelsea as a youth before they let him go so that will have given him a good start. Outstanding in the game last night and looks an interesting option for Ireland in the near future.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

I would love to see Jack Taylor continue his upward trajectory.

He has an almost fairy-tale career story, making his pro debut at 15. Still only 24, but over 250 senior appearances. Proof that you always have a chance, even if you start out in non-league. 

Keep up the good work Jack
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:25pm
I would love to see Jack Taylor continue his upward trajectory.

He has an almost fairy-tale career story, making his pro debut at 15. Still only 24, but over 250 senior appearances. Proof that you always have a chance, even if you start out in non-league. 

Edited by Tweetering - 12 May 2023 at 11:25pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:54pm
MOTM.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:48pm
Think even if Peterborough go up and on tonight's showing they'll be the ones going up, but think Taylor will likely be moving on anyway. Unless they've a clause in his contract then he'll be going into the last season of his contract.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:46pm
Playing very well tonight. If you just went off tonight you'd be saying call him up. Although he looked offside from the first ball in there. 

I thought he would make more of an impact in the Championship than he did last season. But Peterborough were poor and he wasn't able to rise above the standard of the team. Hopefully if they go up he will be more ready for it this time.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

having a great game it has to be said

3-0 posh
Assist for the 4th there. Looks a good player, and has a turn of pace which I didn’t realise he had
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:25pm
having a great game it has to be said

3-0 posh
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:23pm
Poor from the keeper but Taylor scores to put Peterborough 1-0 up in the play off semi finals.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:07pm
Scores again as the Posh claim the final play off spot ahead of Derby. 8 goals and 5 assists for a lad who is primarily a defensive midfielder is a fine return for the season. Another who can make Irish squads in the future, still only 24!
Idah Dream!
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ipswich linked to him again - reported to have a bid in for him. Probably a better bet to get back to the Championship than Peterborough, but are they OK to sell to a club in the same league?

Might have little choice, lot of financial restructuring and moving loans around going on in Peterborough in recent weeks.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 1:05pm
Ipswich linked to him again - reported to have a bid in for him. Probably a better bet to get back to the Championship than Peterborough, but are they OK to sell to a club in the same league?

Edited by You Tell Me - 22 Dec 2022 at 1:06pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:05pm
Can't see Posh letting him go to another L1 team. Higher up, maybe, if the offer is big enough but they'll be wanting to hold on to their best players and he is one of them.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:26pm
That rumour doesn't really make sense. Peterborough paid a decent fee for Taylor and he was really good for them in League 1 last year. So unless Ipswich have a couple of million to spend why would Peterborough sell him?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:13pm
Would be a backwards step for Taylor. Ipswich did improve a lot when McKenna came in but Peterborough will surely be up there challenging for the league.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 3:09pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 3:39pm
Getting injured and playing in a poor team didn't help him this year, but it's definitely been a step back for him. He'll probably look excellent again next season in League 1 but definitely more of a question mark now in terms of whether he's international standard. 

Would need a few injury calloffs to make the June squad, even an expanded one to allow for there being four games. That we are so light in decent midfielders is the only reason he's anywhere close to the squad to begin with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic