Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Green White Orange" 1921-2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:07pm
The shirts with the laces were fakes sold in the likes of Moore St etc..
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm
Where would one get this book?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

[QUOTE=Het-field]Good spot TJ! I take Badwagonโ€™s point about resolution but I think there are enough differences to agree.

Interesting though if that shirt was in fact in circulation, what does it do to the story about the decoy jersey being put out in 1990?

Where did the USA '94 jerseys with lace come from? Have seen a lot of fans wearing them in old videos and they don't seem to be too far off the actual shirt worn. Also, can anyone confirm how long we wore the '94 kit for? Seems to be a very short period.

I was gifted one of those as a kid in 94 from a mate of my old man that was involved in the supporters club that used to be on the Quays, think it's the Workmans Club now. Decent quality alright, but I seem to remember that the material was thicker than the USA 94 adidas one, a bit like the 2000 one actually. Decent quality though.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 12:42pm
I never realized til the other day that we actually the famous orange jersey twice, not just in Macedonia. I actually at the other match, Lansdowne friendly v Mexico in 1998. Looking at photos, quite an interesting line up that day:

Rep. of Ireland vs Mexico international football match report

Date, kick-off time:
Saturday,  https://eu-football.info/may-23 - 23 May 1998, 15:00 (UTC+01:00)
National teams, score:
Rep. of Ireland
0-0
Mexico
Competition:
International Friendly
Referee:
 John Ashman, Swansea / 
 Wales
Attendance
28 500
https://eu-football.info/_matches.php?id=163 - Rep. of Ireland national team line-up in match Nr.338

Player
Caps
Shay Given  
Newcastle United FC, Newcastle upon Tyne
Curtis Fleming  
Middlesbrough FC, Middlesbrough
Gary Breen  
Coventry City FC, Coventry
Phil Babb  
Liverpool FC, Liverpool
Ian Harte
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Gary Kelly - Captain
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Lee Carsley  
Derby County FC, Derby
Gareth Farrelly  
Everton FC, Liverpool
Damien Duff  75' 
Blackburn Rovers FC, Blackburn
Rory Delap   75'
Derby County FC, Derby
Robbie Keane  
Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, Wolverhampton
David Connolly 78' 
Mark Kennedy 78'
Wimbledon FC, London

Edited by dangere_here - 10 Nov 2021 at 12:55pm
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 6:56pm
Has the book been dispatched and anybody received it ?
Just checked with my sis and no sign of it yet.
Back for the cup final (assuming Covid numbers here don't f&£k up the travel plans
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Back for the cup final (assuming Covid numbers here don't f&£k up the travel plans

FAO BohninMunich just to update you the book is printed and complete. I only received by hand from the publishers a few copies for promotional use last Sunday.It was the first time even I had seen the completed book.

I am told all orders will be dispatched very shortly from Lettertecbookstores.com and all purchasers will be advised of dispatch via email so hang tight it is en route.

I know I am biased but I think buyers will be really happy with the quality and finish of the book. It really is a unique Centenary publication and a really great gift idea for that football fan in your life.

Edited by irelandshirts - 11 Nov 2021 at 2:22pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

I never realized til the other day that we actually the famous orange jersey twice, not just in Macedonia. I actually at the other match, Lansdowne friendly v Mexico in 1998. Looking at photos, quite an interesting line up that day:

https://eu-football.info/s/tab.png"; left top repeat-x; padding: 5px 0px 5px 10px; color: white;">
https://eu-football.info/s/tab.png"; left top repeat-x navy; margin-bottom: 0px; color: white; border-width: 1px; padding: 5px 0px 5px 10px;">

Rep. of Ireland vs Mexico international football match report

Date, kick-off time:
Saturday,  https://eu-football.info/may-23 - 23 May 1998, 15:00 (UTC+01:00)
National teams, score:
Rep. of Ireland
https://eu-football.info/s/flags13.png"; 0px -1512px no-repeat; padding: 0px; margin-bottom: -1px;">
0-0
https://eu-football.info/s/flags13.png"; 0px -1960px no-repeat; padding: 0px; margin-bottom: -1px;">
Mexico
Competition:
International Friendly
Referee:
 John Ashman, Swansea / 
https://eu-football.info/s/flags13.png"; 0px -3024px no-repeat; padding: 0px; display: inline-block; margin-bottom: -1px;">
 Wales
Attendance
28 500
https://eu-football.info/s/tab.png"; left top repeat-x navy; margin-bottom: 0px; color: white; border-width: 1px; padding: 5px 0px 5px 10px;"> https://eu-football.info/_matches.php?id=163 - Rep. of Ireland national team line-up in match Nr.338

Player
Caps
Shay Given  
Newcastle United FC, Newcastle upon Tyne
Curtis Fleming  
Middlesbrough FC, Middlesbrough
Gary Breen  
Coventry City FC, Coventry
Phil Babb  
Liverpool FC, Liverpool
Ian Harte
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Gary Kelly - Captain
Leeds United AFC, Leeds
Lee Carsley  
Derby County FC, Derby
Gareth Farrelly  
Everton FC, Liverpool
Damien Duff  75' 
Blackburn Rovers FC, Blackburn
Rory Delap   75'
Derby County FC, Derby
Robbie Keane  
David Connolly 78' 
Mark Kennedy 78'
Wimbledon FC, London

I recall the game being less than interesting. Even with Keane making waves we looked really toothless, and I can only remember Luis Hernandez mis-hitting a shot at the south Terrance end.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

FAO BohninMunich just to update you the book is printed and complete. I only received by hand from the publishers a few copies for promotional use last Sunday.It was the first time even I had seen the completed book.

I am told all orders will be dispatched very shortly from Lettertecbookstores.com and all purchasers will be advised of dispatch via email so hang tight it is en route.

I know I am biased but I think buyers will be really happy with the quality and finish of the book. It really is a unique Centenary publication and a really great gift idea for that football fan in your life.

Thanks I had received an email and assumed that meant it was dispatched.
No problems and thanks for the update

Your Lettertec Book Store pre-order from 29th October 2021 is now available"

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 5:58pm
Books should start to be dispatched this week and an email will be sent from Lettertec.com to advise that copies are en route.

There has been a huge reaction to the piece in the official match day program v Portugal so thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy so far for your support.๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, itโ€™s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 6:41pm
Thumbs Up

Was actually going to ask when should the pre-orders be expected to ship
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:10am
Brilliant to see that copies of the book are arriving to buyers today!

It's incredible to see the images of the real book in people's hands. I hope everyone enjoys it and genuinely thanks again to everyone for their support. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 5:48pm
got the book as a gift yesterday, fair play Eddie, looks great and looking forward to giving it a proper look.ClapClapClapClap

Had a quick flick and some great photos Thumbs Up

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

got the book as a gift yesterday, fair play Eddie, looks great and looking forward to giving it a proper look.ClapClapClapClap

Appreciate the support. Its been great seeing pictures of people with the finished publication and the feedback has been great. Hope you enjoy it. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Edited by irelandshirts - 28 Dec 2021 at 10:24am

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 8:26pm

Thanks Ger. Appreciate the support. Its been great seeing pictures of people with the finished publication and the feedback has been great. Hope you enjoy it. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Yeah fair play Ger Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Thanks Ger. Appreciate the support. Its been great seeing pictures of people with the finished publication and the feedback has been great. Hope you enjoy it. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Yeah fair play Ger Clap
Awight Dave
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 9:03pm
GerClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 9:15pm
Yeah smashing book Eddie, got it as a gift there yesterday too a long with a copy of Emerald Exiles. They should keep me going for a while!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Yeah smashing book Eddie, got it as a gift there yesterday too a long with a copy of Emerald Exiles. They should keep me going for a while!

Thanks Bandwagon. Emerald Exiles is a great read. Hope you enjoy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic