Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Green White Orange" 1921-2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 3:54pm
Well done and good luck with it.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 4:48pm
Agree its pricey but  it is the history of our nation and in a sense priceless.

Shall definitely pre-order
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 5:04pm
Surely there will be a comma or two used in the book? 
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 7:01pm
€50 for a picture book LOL wtf!! The good times are back baby
Chips don't bounce
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's very easy to spend €50 on few pints, some Dominos pizza or a concert ticket, none of which will last longer than a couple of hours. 

This is a buy once, buy well opportunity. It will be with you for life. 

Well done Eddie, I wish you the very best with it. 
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:11pm

Edited by irelandshirts - 01 Jun 2021 at 8:14pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's very easy to spend €50 on few pints, some Dominos pizza or a concert ticket, none of which will last longer than a couple of hours. 

This is a buy once, buy well opportunity. It will be with you for life. 

Well done Eddie, I wish you the very best with it. 

Thanks inlikeflynn. As I said before no one has to buy it. I'm not asking anyone to buy it. I think (and of course I would say it) that it's a really unique book to celebrate a really unique milestone in our history. I bet you it ends up under lots of peoples Christmas tree this year if your family know you are an Irish fan.

Edited by irelandshirts - 01 Jun 2021 at 8:39pm

Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Good start on the punctuation.
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:09pm
Pre-Ordered Thumbs Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

Good start on the punctuation.

Glad you approve Doyler!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pre-Ordered Thumbs Up

Thank you sir. Much appreciated. And thanks for all your kind words over the years about the project. 🍀

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:18pm

The Celtic tiger roaring again 😂😂

Very pricey. Bought your last book for my dad as a present, but 50 quid for this one? You’ll get the die hards but after that...

Regardless, best of luck with it, hope it’s a success for you! 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:45am
All I can do lads is try make as quality an offering in terms of the size, quality of images of the exhibits, quality of the accompanying action shots,quality of the books finish as I can. To cover 100 years of history the book physically has to be large in size. The content itself is unique while it's certainly not the largest collection and it's not the best collection of Irish shirts in the world it is I believe the most complete in terms of covering our story from the early years, to goalkeeper shirts to every major tournament etc. Yes I could have tried to make the book cheaper and cut corners and quality to make the book cheaper but why would I do that when I've spent 19 years building the collection for the Centenary Year.

I appreciate its a very specific genre of book with not many similar offerings to gauge it against but if you go onto Amazon the Arsenal shirt book will set you back €50 and I'm confident that the quality and content of my book will be just as good as a book backed by Arsenal Football Club and wealthy backers.

This project has never had a title sponsor or a wealthy benefactor behind the scenes so I've done it all myself since 2002 . In terms of the success of the book it's already a success for me because I've gotten it this far.

I genuinely believe the book will be a success and not just amongst the die hards who of course will buy it for themselves but its hardly a celtic tiger stretch to think that someone might spend €50 on a really really unique present for someone in their life/family etc who likes football for a birthday, Christmas, anniversary etc.

Edited by irelandshirts - 02 Jun 2021 at 7:50am

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:59am
I'll be ordering it will be a good Christmas present.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:49am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pre-Ordered Thumbs Up

Thank you sir. Much appreciated. And thanks for all your kind words over the years about the project. 🍀

No worries, as you say in a follow up post, this is something you put your heart into and you wanted it to be the best it could be.

It's sad that the physical museum never materialised but who knows what might happen given the centenary year.  

Edited by lassassinblanc - 02 Jun 2021 at 9:49am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:10am
Don’t think you need to answer to anyone on here,congratulations on the book and best of luckClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:37am
The likes of Rolex and Mercedes can charge a premium amount for their products because of the materials and expertise used in creating them. Why should a book be any different? 
The quality of work, printing and research should be reflected in the price. 
If it was a mass produced paperback book which was thrown together in a few weeks then people could moan about the price but that’s clearly not the case here. It’s meant as a collectors piece, not something to be thrown out in the recycling bin once read. 

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:55am
Will pick up a copy if this at some stage 👍

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic