Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Green White Orange" 1921-2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:55pm
Good man Eddie Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 4:15pm
Well Done Eddie
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:31am
On this day in our international football history the Irish team known then as the Football Association of Irish Free State (FAIFS) hosted Italy in Lansdowne Road in the 1st official international match organised by what is today known as the FAI.

The Italian side would give the fascist salute on the field during their anthem. The captain of the Irish team in his 2nd and final international appearence was a young man from Cork called Frank Brady. Frank is the great uncle of Ireland legend Liam Brady.

"Green, White & Orange" will tell the story of the Ireland team and its famous shirt from 1921-2021.

YBIG

Edited by irelandshirts - 27 Mar 2021 at 11:32am
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:56pm
not to burst your bubble, but that Italy match is reported in most other places as being on the 23rd of April 1927, so not quite on this day.. 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 9:55am
The final photography shoot for the "Green, White, Orange" book was completed yesterday. Incredible Irish items from the FAIFS in 1924 right the way up to Gavin Bazunu debut Ireland shirt v Luxembourg in 2021 were included. One of the oldest Ireland goalkeepers shirts still in existence from 1936 along with 80 other rare and unique exhibits will all feature in the book and in the "James Nolan Collection" museum archive which will be fully updated ahead of the start of the Centenary of the FAI beginning in June.

The book now moves to design stages with the front cover next to be decided and hopefully by mid May I should be in a position to release some advance images of how it is shaping up.

There will be over 300 unique items of our international football history from 1921-2021 that will feature and will touch on every moment from our international story.

YBIG

Edited by irelandshirts - 17 Apr 2021 at 11:23am

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:09am
good luck with the book 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

good luck with the book 
LOL

I never knew Fozzie Bear got an Ireland cap. 

I should add the obvious and say we have had a few muppets in goal since then.

Edited by pre Madonna - 17 Apr 2021 at 10:34am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:44am
Hopefully you don’t call him Darren Bazunu in the book wha
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:48am
Who's Darren?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Hopefully you don’t call him Darren Bazunu in the book wha

Job as a proof reader going. Perfect man for it  
AKA pedantic kunt
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

good luck with the book 
LOL

I never knew Fozzie Bear got an Ireland cap. 

I should add the obvious and say we have had a few muppets in goal since then.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 12:13pm

Delighted to say that my book called "Green White Orange" has been made available for pre order today to celebrate the start of the Centenary Year of the FAI.

The pre order link is available on the home page of the irelandsoccershirts.com website and the book will be dispatched on the 31st September 2021.

The book like the museum us dedicated to the memory of James Nolan and I'm happy to say the "James Nolan Collection" archive is now live and fully updated with all our history from 1921-2021. 💚

I want to thank everyone for their support over the last 19 years and it's a brilliant way to hang up my jersey for the last time.

#YBIG

Edited by irelandshirts - 01 Jun 2021 at 12:21pm

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:27pm
More power to you, Eddie. Clap
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

More power to you, Eddie. Clap
Fair play Eddie Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:52pm
Bit pricey at 50. 

Fair enough you'll say associated costs and your not doing it for profit, but I don't care really. I just think its too pricey for something Ill look at when I buy and will then gather dust like the last one.

Best of luck but not for me unfortunately. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Delighted to say that my book called "Green White Orange" has been made available for pre order today to celebrate the start of the Centenary Year of the FAI.

The pre order link is available on the home page of the irelandsoccershirts.com website and the book will be dispatched on the 31st September 2021.

The book like the museum us dedicated to the memory of James Nolan and I'm happy to say the "James Nolan Collection" archive is now live and fully updated with all our history from 1921-2021. 💚

I want to thank everyone for their support over the last 19 years and it's a brilliant way to hang up my jersey for the last time.

#YBIG
Fair play it’s a brilliant collection and I’d imagine  a mountain of work involved!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Bit pricey at 50. 

Fair enough you'll say associated costs and your not doing it for profit, but I don't care really. I just think its too pricey for something Ill look at when I buy and will then gather dust like the last one.

Best of luck but not for me unfortunately. 

Your post sounds like I asked you personally to buy it Foggy!

Like any product its not just designed with you persoanlly in mind although id hope it might appeal to you also as you post on an irish football fan website. If its not for you then it might be a nice gift for a friends birthday or someone living overseas who you have not seen in 18 months because of the pandemic or a kris kindle gift at Christmas for a family member who is an Irish fan or maybe a younger niece/nephew/godchild who doesnt know our story or maybe for an older family member who went to Ireland games in the 1960s/70s to allow them to recall their favourite game/player/result at Dalymount Park or for someone who was in Stuttgart or Genoa or Giants Stadium to relive those great memories or maybe it will spark those memories of penalty loss in Slovakia or the Henry handball in Paris or being knocked out by Spain on 2002. Maybe you will remember who you were with watching a particular match or who you were going out with or the craic you had or doing your Leaving exams getting the result of a game from a teacher or just that unreal feeling the country experienced around the Jack Charlton era from 1988 to 1994. Real historic moments in not just Irish sporting history but that of the nation.

The book is really unique and I cant imagine anyone will ever release a book on our Centenary kit history in our Centenary year ever again! It will contain over 270 action shots from Ireland games from 1924 to 2021 along with 300 unique and rare exhibits from our senior international football history that will tell the our complete story from 1921-2021 covering over 590 international games and honour the 510 players who have worn our shirt like Alan McLoughlin who recently passed away with his boots he scored THAT goal v Northern Ireland in 1993 included in the publication.

Its going to be a large coffee table sized book measuring 12" x 10" with a fantastic finish and dont be worried about dust Foggy as the cover is a dust jacket so dust wont be an issue!   

Edited by irelandshirts - 01 Jun 2021 at 2:57pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 2:54pm
Thanks Donegalman. The book is 19 years in the making and marks the end of my Irish football museum project that started in 2002.

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

#YBIG

Fair play it’s a brilliant collection and I’d imagine  a mountain of work involved!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic