Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Green White Orange" 1921-2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Green White Orange" 1921-2021
    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 5:25pm
I am pleased to announce that to celebrate the Centenary Year of the FAI & to mark the end of my Irish football museum campaign I have released my new book:

"Green White Orange"

The history of the Republic of Ireland soccer shirt 1921-2021

Foreword by Liam Brady

The book, like the irelandsoccershirts.com virtual museum is dedicated to the memory of James Nolan who passed away tragically in Poland in 2012.

The book can be ordered now exclusively from :

LETTERTECBOOKSTORE.COM

Please visit the museum homepage also for the order link.

Thanks to everyone for their support over the last 19 years its been an incredible journey for the "James Nolan Collection" and this is the perfect way to finish the project.

#ybig

Eddie

Edited by irelandshirts - 11 Nov 2021 at 2:07pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:27pm
Look forward to it, good luck with it.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:55pm
Great stuff Eddie.
Looking FWD to it 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:44pm
Is this a second book? Thought you had one out a couple of years ago
Chips don't bounce
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Is this a second book? Thought you had one out a couple of years ago

Yes this was will be my 2nd and final book!

"40 Shades of Green" told the story from 1986-2018.

"Green, White & Orange" will tell the complete story from 1921-2021.

My museum campaign ends this year and the "James Nolan Collection" will only ever feature items from 1921-2021 so its the end literally of the project.

Edited by irelandshirts - 17 Feb 2021 at 8:54pm

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:55pm
Fair dues, Eddie. Look forward to it. Clap
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 5:14am
Excellent idea.

Fair play.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:37am
Looking forward to it Thumbs Up
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:13am
Good luck!

Really enjoyed the first book.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:00pm
The final stages of pre production and design has started for "Green, White & Orange".

I've literally been blown away by the support of former Ireland players and their families and from Irish fans literally from all over the world who have donated items to the museum archive that will feature in the book. I am delighted to say that actual pieces of fabric from our international football history from 1924 to 2021 will be part of our Centenary story. The final photography shoot will take place shortly with over 70 new exhibit's being added to the website.

The book will feature over 300 unique exhibits from rare international caps, to footballs, rare international match programs, original diary extracts from players from the 1930s, their personal pictures of away games, every official tournament suit, goalkeeper's gloves, football boots, tennis balls, ties, leisure wear, iconic tracksuits and most importantly an example of nearly every single Irish soccer shirt both outfield and goalkeepers that has been worn at senior international level spanning the last 100 years. All this fabric history will be supplemented with over 350 action images to add life to the words and honour all those who have worn our shirt.

I am hopeful that as the irelandsoccershirts.com project finishes in June 2021 that the "James Nolan Collection" will be one of the most complete collections of memorabilia from our Centenary FAI international history anywhere in the world.

The book is due to be released in September 2021.

YBIG

Edited by irelandshirts - 24 Mar 2021 at 12:06pm

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:28pm
Brilliant initiative and look forward to the nook coming out 🇮🇪
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:42pm
Sounds great Eddie look forward to it
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Brilliant initiative and look forward to the nook coming out 🇮🇪
He has the market cornered. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 12:58pm
In the words of father Ted Crilly 

Good luck with the book. 

Edited by Baldrick - 24 Mar 2021 at 12:58pm
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm
Good luck with the book Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:16pm
Good luck with the book and look forward to reading it. Could you post details of how to order the first one please - don't know how I missed that !

Btw - no wonder we got knocked in the quarter finals of 1924 Olympics if we only had 9 players. Looks like the 2 goalies tactic didn't work out too well either.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:53pm
Looking forward to it 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:55pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic