Away Day Confessions!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Away Day Confessions!
    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:42am
Alright lads.

I am presenting a football radio show and co hosting a podcast, We have started a new segment called Away Day Confessions .

This is the first episode and it was of course Irish fans, Give it a listen !

Fair few familiar voices on there  including a few YBIG legends.

We need 7 more Irish fans for the next episode so stick your name down here if you fancy it.

Thanks!

SL.

Edited by Salzburglilly - 31 Jan 2021 at 1:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:49am
yeah would need a 12 episode series just for Cyprus 2009 alone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:36pm
Enjoyed that what's the craic with Bari why no drink allowed for that fixture?? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:53pm
 Fans game v Germany 😂
That Poland away friendly too 😎
Jesus some epic trips down through the years when looking back. From euros to that away in faroe locked at 10am in the Irish pub that morning to the chartered flight coming back and everyone singing he is lord and heading straight to coppers 😂.

We had the life of Riley on trips.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:57pm

I was just listening to a little but of it and I don't know which part of Bari Steve was in. We were on the piss there for 3 days

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:08pm

I was just listening to a little but of it and I don't know which part of Bari Steve was in. We were on the piss there for 3 days

Probably in the same pub beside your hotel too for all 3 days 😀

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:19pm
The booze ban in Bari made match day more fun tbh. Car loads of lads who never met each other heading the supermarkets and coming back with boot fulls of beer all to be drank in the square Clap
Jaysus I need an away trip 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
[/QUOTE]Probably in the same pub beside your hotel too for all 3 days 😀

There may be some truth in that

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 7:02pm

Alright lads.

I am presenting a football radio show and co hosting a podcast, We have started a new segment called Away Day Confessions .

This is the first episode and it was of course Irish fans, Give it a listen !

Fair few familiar voices on there  including a few YBIG legends.

We need 7 more Irish fans for the next episode so stick your name down here if you fancy it.

Thanks!

SL.

Enjoyed this Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:40pm
Had a listen to this, very good hearing stories from old games but only made us miss the trips even more, was a good laugh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 11:44am
Brilliant stuff , very enjoyable 

Please god we will be on the road again soon .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:23pm
Good listen but you need Icebhoy on for proper confessions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:20pm

Didn't he lose a car on an away trip or something? LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 5:12pm

He lost a car, wasn’t his though. The good folks at Hertz were most annoyed though and wont let him hire a car again ever.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 5:55pm

He lost a car, wasn’t his though. The good folks at Hertz were most annoyed though and wont let him hire a car again ever.
Oh yes, I think I've seen a thread about that being bumped a few times - basically he hired a car for the trip to London for the friendly v Brazil (at Arsenal's current stadium), parked the car and went out on the lash...and then couldn't remember where he had parked the car. Shocked

So he left it and travelled home by public transport while the car ran up a bill in charges for staying too long, clamping, towing and storage fees etc which the hire company passed on to him. LOL

I think the thread is called 'I Had a Macedonia' if anyone can be arsed digging back through the archives. 

Edited by ConorMac77 - 01 Feb 2021 at 5:57pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:46pm

Oh yes, I think I've seen a thread about that being bumped a few times - basically he hired a car for the trip to London for the friendly v Brazil (at Arsenal's current stadium), parked the car and went out on the lash...and then couldn't remember where he had parked the car. Shocked

So he left it and travelled home by public transport while the car ran up a bill in charges for staying too long, clamping, towing and storage fees etc which the hire company passed on to him. LOL

I think the thread is called 'I Had a Macedonia' if anyone can be arsed digging back through the archives. 

They charged him for taking the car key also .LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:14pm

We were never dry either, but only in Italy would they call got a ban and have kids sell drink in the square while the pubs were closed!
baresi41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

We were never dry either, but only in Italy would they call got a ban and have kids sell drink in the square while the pubs were closed!

Steve. The train trip from Belgrade to Podgorica.. that was epic. a small bar that ran out of beer. Booked seats but full of locals.. found the guard on the train, bribed his for better beds and beer. He duly obliged in the back carriages, and as much beer, food and water we wanted for €20pp. insane. only the Irish could pull that stroke.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade