You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Away Day Confessions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Away Day Confessions!
    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:42am
Alright lads.

I am presenting a football radio show and co hosting a podcast, We have started a new segment called Away Day Confessions .

This is the first episode and it was of course Irish fans, Give it a listen !

Fair few familiar voices on there  including a few YBIG legends.

We need 7 more Irish fans for the next episode so stick your name down here if you fancy it.

Thanks!

SL.

Edited by Salzburglilly - 31 Jan 2021 at 1:06pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:49am
yeah would need a 12 episode series just for Cyprus 2009 alone.
AKA pedantic kunt
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:36pm
Enjoyed that what's the craic with Bari why no drink allowed for that fixture?? 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:53pm
 Fans game v Germany 😂
That Poland away friendly too 😎
Jesus some epic trips down through the years when looking back. From euros to that away in faroe locked at 10am in the Irish pub that morning to the chartered flight coming back and everyone singing he is lord and heading straight to coppers 😂.

We had the life of Riley on trips.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I was just listening to a little but of it and I don't know which part of Bari Steve was in. We were on the piss there for 3 days
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I was just listening to a little but of it and I don't know which part of Bari Steve was in. We were on the piss there for 3 days

Probably in the same pub beside your hotel too for all 3 days 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:19pm
The booze ban in Bari made match day more fun tbh. Car loads of lads who never met each other heading the supermarkets and coming back with boot fulls of beer all to be drank in the square Clap
Jaysus I need an away trip 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:20pm
[/QUOTE]Probably in the same pub beside your hotel too for all 3 days 😀
[/QUOTE]

There may be some truth in that
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Alright lads.

I am presenting a football radio show and co hosting a podcast, We have started a new segment called Away Day Confessions .

This is the first episode and it was of course Irish fans, Give it a listen !

Fair few familiar voices on there  including a few YBIG legends.

We need 7 more Irish fans for the next episode so stick your name down here if you fancy it.

Thanks!

SL.

Enjoyed this Thumbs Up
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:40pm
Had a listen to this, very good hearing stories from old games but only made us miss the trips even more, was a good laugh
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 11:44am
Brilliant stuff , very enjoyable 

Please god we will be on the road again soon .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:23pm
Good listen but you need Icebhoy on for proper confessions.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Didn't he lose a car on an away trip or something? LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

He lost a car, wasn’t his though. The good folks at Hertz were most annoyed though and wont let him hire a car again ever.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 5:55pm

He lost a car, wasn’t his though. The good folks at Hertz were most annoyed though and wont let him hire a car again ever.
Oh yes, I think I've seen a thread about that being bumped a few times - basically he hired a car for the trip to London for the friendly v Brazil (at Arsenal's current stadium), parked the car and went out on the lash...and then couldn't remember where he had parked the car. Shocked

So he left it and travelled home by public transport while the car ran up a bill in charges for staying too long, clamping, towing and storage fees etc which the hire company passed on to him. LOL

I think the thread is called 'I Had a Macedonia' if anyone can be arsed digging back through the archives. 

Edited by ConorMac77 - 01 Feb 2021 at 5:57pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Oh yes, I think I've seen a thread about that being bumped a few times - basically he hired a car for the trip to London for the friendly v Brazil (at Arsenal's current stadium), parked the car and went out on the lash...and then couldn't remember where he had parked the car. Shocked

So he left it and travelled home by public transport while the car ran up a bill in charges for staying too long, clamping, towing and storage fees etc which the hire company passed on to him. LOL

I think the thread is called 'I Had a Macedonia' if anyone can be arsed digging back through the archives. 

They charged him for taking the car key also .LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:14pm

We were never dry either, but only in Italy would they call got a ban and have kids sell drink in the square while the pubs were closed!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

We were never dry either, but only in Italy would they call got a ban and have kids sell drink in the square while the pubs were closed!

Steve. The train trip from Belgrade to Podgorica.. that was epic. a small bar that ran out of beer. Booked seats but full of locals.. found the guard on the train, bribed his for better beds and beer. He duly obliged in the back carriages, and as much beer, food and water we wanted for €20pp. insane. only the Irish could pull that stroke.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic