Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin County FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dublin County FC
    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 12:21pm
Anyone hear anymore about this crowd. 
Any chance of securing a league license?

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:22am
Does the creation of these new clubs reflect an unhappiness with the current clubs covering the City or is it just that dublin is growing population wise so there's always room for more clubs? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 7:09am
Most populous area, nothing more. 

Another club based out of Dublin is the last thing the league needs.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 7:33am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Does the creation of these new clubs reflect an unhappiness with the current clubs covering the City or is it just that dublin is growing population wise so there's always room for more clubs? 

It’s to do with money & nothin more 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 9:13am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

It’s to do with money & nothin more 

This exactly, they've no interest in building a club, it's a money making exercise 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:48am
How will they go about putting a first team squad together in so little time?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Who knows, hoping the fai don't invite them to participate now, bit of that this morning that that'll be the case 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:36am
Reports are that they have been granted a license 
I know they have made contact with a ddsl club with a view to be their academy base. An agreement in principle has been made
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 11:38am
Who is it a money making exercise for? Where would their home games be? And what area do they represent? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:04pm

Nothing surprises me anymore with football in this country tbh. We were informed last night that we won't be allowed to run trials for the upcoming LOI underage season, so I've been left to pick a panel of 20 players even though I've never seen most of them play before.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:09pm
Blue man to be between the sticks for them?Shocked
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Nothing surprises me anymore with football in this country tbh. We were informed last night that we won't be allowed to run trials for the upcoming LOI underage season, so I've been left to pick a panel of 20 players even though I've never seen most of them play before.
its a dilemma alright but the correct call imo.Every club is in the same position.  Either all back playing underage football or none at all
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Who is it a money making exercise for? Where would their home games be? And what area do they represent? 

The owners, whole plan is to sell players on at a profit. 

North Dublin I guess, looks like they'll play in Santry. Don't think they're too concerned about getting fans in. 

@BSM, they have the licence but whether they'll be asked to join the league is another story 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

its a dilemma alright but the correct call imo.Every club is in the same position.  Either all back playing underage football or none at all

You see the thing is every club isn't in the same position (to a point) , a lot of clubs had u13 teams last year so they didn't need to sign too many players in the off season. We didn't have an u13 team last year so we have to start from scratch with zero opportunities to have trials, makes no sense.

Oh and I do agree with you, every level of underage football needs to come back whether that's in Roscommon, Wexford, DDSL or the LOI. It's not fair that elite youth level would be allowed back and schoolboys leagues around the country wouldn't be. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

North Dublin I guess, looks like they'll play in Santry. Don't think they're too concerned about getting fans in. 

@BSM, they have the licence but whether they'll be asked to join the league is another story 
Yeah Morton Stadium will be their base and they’ll have no interest in fans. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:22pm
Would much prefer to see one of the Limerick clubs back. You could argue a North County Dublin or West County Dublin could cover a populated area but it sounds like this would be purely plugged in as a money making exercise. Club will be out of business in about 5 years time!

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:25pm

oh really?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah Morton Stadium will be their base and they’ll have no interest in fans. 
senior base. Academy,LOI underage,would be elsewhere 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic